March of the First Order is ending July 7th

Edit: should have read a bit father to see that Jedi training is on for July!

I am so sad about this. We are big Star Wars fans. My DD (age 7 or 8) was so amazed that the storm troopers told her and DH to "move along."

I hope Jedi training continues after July 7th. My youngest is finally old enough so we were going to give it a try this year!

Last edited:
I could get behind discontinuing this when GE opens but taking away more things in this park, during a very busy week, to prep for a land coming 6 weeks later is another example of the guest experience being moved aside.

Right now, HS needs every show, add on, meet & greet, attraction, pop up, merch opportunity, photo op, etc it can get. The fact that it is a full price gate is laughable.

We had no idea it ran so many times a day, we only saw the show once. Saw the marching all the time. We thought that was it....just a bunch of storm troopers marching here to there. You may all laugh now.

Anyway, the one time we saw the show, we were by a bunch of older teens. And they are chattering, "did you see that", "She keeps looking at us" , "Right when she said resistance, she looked right at me" "she knows we are here, we have to get out of here" And 5 seconds later they scattered.

Maybe they're going into rehearsal for the new spiels that will be done for GE? Or maybe Disney needs to put the voice capability into all the armors? Idk

I could get behind discontinuing this when GE opens but taking away more things in this park, during a very busy week, to prep for a land coming 6 weeks later is another example of the guest experience being moved aside.

Right now, HS needs every show, add on, meet & greet, attraction, pop up, merch opportunity, photo op, etc it can get. The fact that it is a full price gate is laughable.
My assumption is they want to utilize some of those resources, even the CM's themselves, for stuff in GE. So by shutting it down before the new part opens, they can make sure everything is set to go. Also, they probably just want to worry about GE launching without hiccups, and not having to worry about another show that was never going to be permanent anyways.

I know plenty of people that much prefer HS to some of the other parks, despite the limited offerings right now.

My assumption is they want to utilize some of those resources, even the CM's themselves, for stuff in GE. So by shutting it down before the new part opens, they can make sure everything is set to go. Also, they probably just want to worry about GE launching without hiccups, and not having to worry about another show that was never going to be permanent anyways.

I know plenty of people that much prefer HS to some of the other parks, despite the limited offerings right now.
Oh, I’m sure that’s the reason but it’s not a good one on my opinion. From a staffing/labor, resource, financial standpoint it’s the best move. That doesn’t mean it’s helping create the best experience. Personally preference aside, HS is a full price gate with far less offerings when compared to the other parks. His decision only makes it worse.

Oh, I’m sure that’s the reason but it’s not a good one on my opinion. From a staffing/labor, resource, financial standpoint it’s the best move. That doesn’t mean it’s helping create the best experience. Personally preference aside, HS is a full price gate with far less offerings when compared to the other parks. His decision only makes it worse.
not to get too off topic but DHS has always had less experiences than any of the other parks.. Even from the beginning they opened the park with only 2 attractions. Now they are missing Backlot Tour, GMR and LMA from what was there before. So it's not a huge difference.

I’m sad my kids won’t get to see the storm troopers when we go - I have some great pics from our last trip from street interactions.

But maybe some people will cancel their trips and make the parks less crowded for mid July... turnin lemons into lemonade.

As someone who worked on Hollywood Boulevard, it was a great way to tell how much time was passing. As a non-Star Wars fan, I didn't think it was a super interesting event on its own.

Either way, we'll see what ends up happening. With how busy GE is likely to be for a while, I'm thinking this won't return all that soon. I can't think they'd want to crowd that area anymore than it already will be. I also wouldn't be surprised if it didn't return at all. As I had mentioned earlier, it really seemed like it was always just a Star Wars thing they put together quickly for the sake of keeping Star Wars active in the park.

If I were to guess, I'd say it has something to do with retraining CMs for GE. Those same stormtroopers will be ever present in GE when it opens the following month. CMs are going to need time to learn new scripts/roles/etc.

My Star Wars crazed boys were looking forward to seeing this for the first time during our trip next month. Really sad we will be missing it by about a week.

I thought it was cool and never thought it was glorifying Nazis. Really, it was meant to be an entertaining, antagonizing display of the power of the First Order, and bringing movie magic to life. Half the little kids carrying overpriced light sabers would be holding them up ready to do battle as they marched by. People should just be glad that they don't bring Anakin out to the Jedi Academy to greet the younglings...:oops:

I love Star Wars! I did not love this blocking our path through the park 20 minutes of every hour! 2-3 times a day would have been plenty.

I am so bummed. We were looking forward to see them at HS when we go next week. Our family hasn’t been to the parks in 8 years and we’ve never seen the March of the First Order. My 7 year old will be devastated! It’s the one thing that he really wanted to see. Does anyone know if there will be storm troopers any where else in the park?

As a non-star wars fan I'm happy to see it go! I know i am in the minority, but i thought it was creepy. My little one was scared of it last November and still talks about "the scary men" at Hollywood Studios.

Well I am a major Star Wars freak and while I enjoyed it I have no opinion on whether it stays or goes. Now Jedi Training is another matter. The 10 year old really wants to do the training one more time.

...I got to see this just before it ended [last week]:

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter