March of the First Order is ending July 7th

Bummer, but understandable if they're worried about crowd flow. Having that block traffic a half dozen times a day isn't going to work if the park is operating at our near capacity.

Any confirmation on Jedi Training either way? It isn't on the calendar after 7/6. I'm assuming it is at least in discussion to meet the same fate.

Wow. Thanks for bringing this up! I have a whole DHS RD morning scheduled to sign up for Jedi Training in late July. If they discontinue it, I need to re-work my plans. Argh!!!! Thanks for putting this on my radar. I had no idea it might end so early in July.

Maybe they’ll do something similar, even if the schedule isn’t made known, at GE? Roaming stormtroopers are a lot of fun but it’d be great to have marches and roaming. Maybe random inspections where the troopers march in and then disperse to ensure there’s no rebels in the area? Then the squad leader could get a radio call that the rebels have been found outside the post and they leave. I think that would fit the theme of a trading post.

Wow. Thanks for bringing this up! I have a whole DHS RD morning scheduled to sign up for Jedi Training in late July. If they discontinue it, I need to re-work my plans. Argh!!!! Thanks for putting this on my radar. I had no idea it might end so early in July.

Glad to be of service! This was one of my kids' favorite experiences in March and my friend is really hoping it's still around for her kids in August. After seeing the pictures of my girls, her kiddos really want to do it, too. I've been casually checking the schedule for her sake, but no times as of yet.

Oh, for us SW fans it has a huge entertainment value. For those who don’t like SW I’m sure it’s boring and annoying. For me, there is no other street entertainment anywhere at WDW that is even half as good. It’s thrilling to hear that awesome John Williams music and see the villians from the movie marching to it in reality, not on a screen. And the inspection on the street is fantastic, it’s different every time as they react to guests SW clothing and such.

I'm a huge SW fan, but storm trooper parades are not at all entertaining for me - as I know they are based on Germany's nazi regime, and think it is appalling that they are being used in a way anyone sees as "entertaining".

My boys LOVED this two weeks ago! We watched it way too many times. Every time we heard the music, basically 🙄 I am not a Star Wars person, so it got old for me lol. But not for them! (8 and 5yo). I did always get a kick out of the roaming Stormtroopers. They are so fun to watch interact with guests. It will be sad to lose that before SWGE.

Just FYI for Jedi Training people, they didn’t have the June schedule posted until probably a week before our June 5 trip. I was panicking thinking it was going to be gone. So they may post it closer to the actual month.

Might not be a popular view but I’m glad it’s stopping. I like the old Hollywood feel of dhs and this just doesn’t fit with that.
I feel the same way! I always felt like it pulled me out of that feeling of being in old hollywood when the music would start and the storm troopers came marching up the street. It has never felt right to me to have storm troopers marching down an old hollywood street.

I never cared for this too much personally, it was pretty cool the first time, and interesting the second time... and that was it. It started to seem like a big nuisance after that, it was always in the way it seemed. In general I think the more Star Wars stuff in DHS, the less I'm going to like it. Our September/October trip has been overhauled to minimize time in DHS due to SWGE, and that's going to ruin that park for a while.

Matt

Well my DS5 will be happy. I saw the one in Disneyland is ending but I cannot find any info about the one closing at HS.

The Jedi Training at DLR ended on November 4, 2018. Fortunately, it was our first park day, so my DS & DD were able to participate. The photographers took a ton a pictures of each kid because it was the last day. We never got that many individual pictures of our kids at DHS.

I see Jedi Training dates and times up to 7/27/19 on the disneyworld.go.com site. After that though, nothing.

Anybody know whether Phasma’s “friend” is a woman, man, or both? Are there any women stormtroopers underneath those masks? Funny how even though First Order troopers are men and women and none of them are clones, at the parks the voices are all very much clone-like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter