March Check-In Thread!

Looks like they have them stabilized. They have stopped CPR and wheeled the person away on a gurney. They did not appear rushed while leaving, so I'm going to hope that's a good sign.

Honestly, may very well be deceased. No need for sirens for that kind of transport. Poor person! I hope they are ok.

We leave Saturday morning, and will hit the park that day as well! We are meeting some college friends there that day as well, so that will be even more fun. Have started gathering all our clothes. I keep seeing high temps (a little too high for Saturday though!), so packing shorts this time.

I hope that person at WOC is ok. We have witnessed an event like that two separate times...Disney really stresses the body. :(

We leave Friday!! Aside from my EXTREME anxiety over flying and two days of park time will be in and around DD's cheer competition (I don't like to share my park time with anything...lol), I am SO excited. I was stressing over crowds but will just go with the flow- Splash being off the refurb list March 31 is GREAT news :)

We arrived on Saturday, and are having a restful evening in the hotel right now after two days of the parks. It's been great so far! Yesterday we went to Disneyland at rope drop and stayed alllll dayyy which is unusual for us, since we generally go back to the hotel in the afternoon for naps. Anyway, so we did quite a lot. I did my Disneybound as Honey Lemon, which was super fun, and I got recognized by several cast members, and even a guy in line! I'm still on the lookout for Big Hero 6 merch, as there is pretty much NOTHING except the little figurine set and a couple kids shirts. Extremely disappointing, I wish they would market the movie better, seeing as it DID do really well. Everything they do have sells out so fast... Apparently they used to have pins but they sold out. :(
We stayed super late yesterday, and watched the second showing of Fantasmic! By that time I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open and my feet hurt so much I didn't really get to enjoy it like I usually would, but it was still awesome! We managed to ride all our favs multiple times yesterday, including three rides on Thunder Mountain, two Indiana Jones, and one Space Mountain.
Today we slept in (because we really needed it), went to DCA around noon. Today was much more laid back. Tower of Terror was closed for like half the day, and I didn't get to ride it, which was annoying 'cause that's my favorite. Overheard a CM saying it was down for the whole day. Hoping it'll be up again tomorrow! It was pretty warm outside so we enjoyed Grizzly (we all got soaked!). It was pretty crowded, at least, as far as lines went, California Screamin' had a 60+ minute wait pretty much the whole time. We hardly ever feel the need to get FPs for it but we had to today. We had one disappointing experience. Got in line for RSR (by the time we got to the park they were out of FPs so we had to use standby) Single Rider, and waited 40 minutes before the ride broke down "indefinitely" (it ended up being a couple hours I think) and after waiting another fifteen minutes or so we gave up and left. Super annoying because that was wasted time we won't get back, and since we weren't close enough to the front, they wouldn't give us FPs for compensation. I know RSR breaks down a lot, but this was the first time it's affected us. Needless to say we were disappointed.
But the rest of the evening went great! We watched the parade and then went to Frozen Fun. We went to the sing a long which was soooo much fun, all the little kids were adorable, and I must say I was especially impressed with the face character for Kristoff, he sounded and looked JUST like him! Freeze the Night is also awesome. I loved Frozen when it came out, but all of the hype has made it so that I can't really stand it anymore. I had recently been lamenting that, but honestly, the Frozen stuff in DCA kinda reminded me of why I loved it in the first place, and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.
All in all it's been great! Planning on an early morning tomorrow in DCA, heading straight to Racers to make up for today's little incident. Hope I'll be able to share more later but I might not until we get home.
Is anyone else from this thread here now?

We arrived on Saturday, and are having a restful evening in the hotel right now after two days of the parks. It's been great so far! Yesterday we went to Disneyland at rope drop and stayed alllll dayyy which is unusual for us, since we generally go back to the hotel in the afternoon for naps. Anyway, so we did quite a lot. I did my Disneybound as Honey Lemon, which was super fun, and I got recognized by several cast members, and even a guy in line! I'm still on the lookout for Big Hero 6 merch, as there is pretty much NOTHING except the little figurine set and a couple kids shirts. Extremely disappointing, I wish they would market the movie better, seeing as it DID do really well. Everything they do have sells out so fast... Apparently they used to have pins but they sold out. :(
We stayed super late yesterday, and watched the second showing of Fantasmic! By that time I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open and my feet hurt so much I didn't really get to enjoy it like I usually would, but it was still awesome! We managed to ride all our favs multiple times yesterday, including three rides on Thunder Mountain, two Indiana Jones, and one Space Mountain.
Today we slept in (because we really needed it), went to DCA around noon. Today was much more laid back. Tower of Terror was closed for like half the day, and I didn't get to ride it, which was annoying 'cause that's my favorite. Overheard a CM saying it was down for the whole day. Hoping it'll be up again tomorrow! It was pretty warm outside so we enjoyed Grizzly (we all got soaked!). It was pretty crowded, at least, as far as lines went, California Screamin' had a 60+ minute wait pretty much the whole time. We hardly ever feel the need to get FPs for it but we had to today. We had one disappointing experience. Got in line for RSR (by the time we got to the park they were out of FPs so we had to use standby) Single Rider, and waited 40 minutes before the ride broke down "indefinitely" (it ended up being a couple hours I think) and after waiting another fifteen minutes or so we gave up and left. Super annoying because that was wasted time we won't get back, and since we weren't close enough to the front, they wouldn't give us FPs for compensation. I know RSR breaks down a lot, but this was the first time it's affected us. Needless to say we were disappointed.
But the rest of the evening went great! We watched the parade and then went to Frozen Fun. We went to the sing a long which was soooo much fun, all the little kids were adorable, and I must say I was especially impressed with the face character for Kristoff, he sounded and looked JUST like him! Freeze the Night is also awesome. I loved Frozen when it came out, but all of the hype has made it so that I can't really stand it anymore. I had recently been lamenting that, but honestly, the Frozen stuff in DCA kinda reminded me of why I loved it in the first place, and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.
All in all it's been great! Planning on an early morning tomorrow in DCA, heading straight to Racers to make up for today's little incident. Hope I'll be able to share more later but I might not until we get home.
Is anyone else from this thread here now?

The only thing I saw from Big Hero 6 were the big light up Baymax balloons. They didn't have any plush or anything! I wanted to find something to bring back for my kids since it's currently their favorite movie. I was disappointed by that.

Ok, so we leave for our trip on Friday and I have a question, lol!! The last time I went to Disneyland I, for the first time in my life, got ill on a ride. Mind you, I have ridden really nauseating rides before at local fairs like the Gravitron and other rides that jerk you around, but right now the score is, Me 0, Mickeys Wheel of Terror 1.

Can anyone recommend any good over-the-counter anti-nausea medicine that will help me even the score? I was quite embarrassed last time walking off of the ride carrying my little sick back with me to the trash cans....any suggestions would be amazing (And yes, I make sure not to ride this attraction directly after any meals.)

Ok, so we leave for our trip on Friday and I have a question, lol!! The last time I went to Disneyland I, for the first time in my life, got ill on a ride. Mind you, I have ridden really nauseating rides before at local fairs like the Gravitron and other rides that jerk you around, but right now the score is, Me 0, Mickeys Wheel of Terror 1.

Can anyone recommend any good over-the-counter anti-nausea medicine that will help me even the score? I was quite embarrassed last time walking off of the ride carrying my little sick back with me to the trash cans....any suggestions would be amazing (And yes, I make sure not to ride this attraction directly after any meals.)

I use Dramamine (the less drowsy formula) and it works like a charm! I had been avoiding riding the teacups with my granddaughter but she really wanted to ride, and I took a Dramamine that morning and it lasted all day. :)

Thank you for posting about Big Hero merchandise, dd17 really wants a Baymax. Let us know if you find anything. She'll find other ways to spend her money if nothing is available.

The only thing I saw from Big Hero 6 were the big light up Baymax balloons. They didn't have any plush or anything! I wanted to find something to bring back for my kids since it's currently their favorite movie. I was disappointed by that.

Our experience was the same and I was on a particular lookout for someone here looking for Baymax merchandise. The balloons were super popular. I feel like Disney really dropped the ball on BH6, lots of continued appeal if they would have kept it around longer.

Got back from our trip last night, it was fun but man am I tired. Sorry about the length of this but a lot of this is fresh in my mind.

We arrived on Tuesday night, headed over to the parks on the ART and picked up our tickets. We had Cheaptickets vouchers and had no problem getting our tickets, the CM was very helpful. After that we wondered down to DTD for a little while, but everything was closed at that point so we headed back to the hotel.

About the ART, we tried it but probably won't do it again. There was just too much time wasted waiting on buses, plus we are more "arrive late, stay late" kind of people so having to get to the bus by 12:30, rather than catching one last ride right before midnight and hitting main street after close was disappointing. Also, our hotel stop was on the 6 route, which only ran one bus and picks up at the furthest stop from the esplanade. By the time we got to our stop, any walking we might have saved by not staying closer was pretty much negated.

We stayed at the Super 8. While the price was certainly great, the place was noisy with thin walls and a very loud AC unit. We were giving a room in the back that we were told would be quiet. Unfortunately it was also right next to housekeeping. We were greeted each morning with the sounds of housekeeping carts being pushed down the sidewalks, or in one case the room above ours being cleaned with the maid playing the radio at full blast. Like I said, great price but I don't think we will be doing it again. We are going to just pay a bit more and stay across the street from the parks.

With all that said, the trip was still great. We hit the parks on Wednesday and it was not really that crowded. We got a late start but we were able to eat a Plaza Inn with no wait and hit all of Fantasyland and Toontown before heading over to DCA for our WOC dinner at Wine Country Trattoria and catching WOC. After that we headed back to DL and hit Tomorrowland and Haunted Mansion before heading back to the bus.

Thursday was mostly spend doing the Frozen Fun stuff. We ate at Flo's and I was not really that impressed to be honest. We saw Anna and Elsa, which pretty much completed the trip as far as my daughter was concerned. We then got our beepers for Olaf and watched the sing along show (which was good but we actually liked the Frozen show in Fantasy Faire better) while we waited. It was about that time that my son started feeling sick (he had felt a bit of a cold coming on during the drive over) and so after dinner he and my wife headed to the hotel and I took my daughter on some more rides (including the subs which my wife can't do because of motion sickness) and watched the fireworks.

We were supposed to go back to the parks the next day, but instead I stayed with my son so he could rest and recover from being sick while my wife took our daughter to DTD for a makeover at Anna and Elsa's. I have to say, I agree with those who prefer the hairstyling there to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. She looked adorable afterwards and they did a great job! We decided to stay an extra day and I will say that the Super 8 was very accommodating and even gave us the discounted rate we used to book the original trip for our extra night. They also asked about our son anytime we contacted the office about something, which was very nice of them.

So, after my son recuperated, we had the best 2 days of the visit on Saturday and Sunday. Despite being a weekend and having a cheerleading convention going on, it wasn't too bad crowd-wise. We stuck with DL park that day and were pretty much able to ride everything. The best part was my son, who has problem with virtual rides and even 3D movies, decided to try Star Tours. He loved it, which was shocking to us particularly since he isn't big on thrill rides (he doesn't even like the drops on Pirates). He decided it was his favorite ride in the park, which was great for me because I have been wanting to take him on it.

Sunday was our last day and was kind of strange. Even though it really wasn't that crowded and the wait times were pretty low for much of the day and evening, the rides kept breaking down. We had delays on Pirates, HM, IASW, Autopia and Star Wars. It was really weird because there wasn't that many people in line but it still took forever to get through some of the rides. The only good part was the breakdown on Star Tours happened during the last scene, so once they got it running again they started it over so we got 2 trips in 1. We also did the snow play in DCA on Sunday and you could tell it is temporary just based on how unorganized it is. They were constantly stopping to to refresh the snow, which makes sense. What didn't make sense was not having someone to direct the people who lined up and waited outside where to go once inside. Also anyone could walk in through the front without having to wait in the line outside as well as the CMs inside directing people to get back in the inside line once their time was done. It wasn't really fair to the people who had patiently waited outside like they were supposed to. The sled was fun, but of the Frozen stuff it was the one that was a bit disappointing. Overall though it was a wonderful trip and even the complaints were more of the "We tried it this way but we won't do it again" variety.

P.S. It was really neat seeing the castle decorations go up each day. We went from worrying about it being under a tarp a month ago to watching it undgo the decoration process.

I saw some stuff at World of Disney, but yeah there wasn't much of it in the parks. I assumed there would be more, maybe in Tomorrowland but I really didn't see anything.

Got back from our trip last night, it was fun but man am I tired. Sorry about the length of this but a lot of this is fresh in my mind.

We arrived on Tuesday night, headed over to the parks on the ART and picked up our tickets. We had Cheaptickets vouchers and had no problem getting our tickets, the CM was very helpful. After that we wondered down to DTD for a little while, but everything was closed at that point so we headed back to the hotel.

About the ART, we tried it but probably won't do it again. There was just too much time wasted waiting on buses, plus we are more "arrive late, stay late" kind of people so having to get to the bus by 12:30, rather than catching one last ride right before midnight and hitting main street after close was disappointing. Also, our hotel stop was on the 6 route, which only ran one bus and picks up at the furthest stop from the esplanade. By the time we got to our stop, any walking we might have saved by not staying closer was pretty much negated.

We stayed at the Super 8. While the price was certainly great, the place was noisy with thin walls and a very loud AC unit. We were giving a room in the back that we were told would be quiet. Unfortunately it was also right next to housekeeping. We were greeted each morning with the sounds of housekeeping carts being pushed down the sidewalks, or in one case the room above ours being cleaned with the maid playing the radio at full blast. Like I said, great price but I don't think we will be doing it again. We are going to just pay a bit more and stay across the street from the parks.

With all that said, the trip was still great. We hit the parks on Wednesday and it was not really that crowded. We got a late start but we were able to eat a Plaza Inn with no wait and hit all of Fantasyland and Toontown before heading over to DCA for our WOC dinner at Wine Country Trattoria and catching WOC. After that we headed back to DL and hit Tomorrowland and Haunted Mansion before heading back to the bus.

Thursday was mostly spend doing the Frozen Fun stuff. We ate at Flo's and I was not really that impressed to be honest. We saw Anna and Elsa, which pretty much completed the trip as far as my daughter was concerned. We then got our beepers for Olaf and watched the sing along show (which was good but we actually liked the Frozen show in Fantasy Faire better) while we waited. It was about that time that my son started feeling sick (he had felt a bit of a cold coming on during the drive over) and so after dinner he and my wife headed to the hotel and I took my daughter on some more rides (including the subs which my wife can't do because of motion sickness) and watched the fireworks.

We were supposed to go back to the parks the next day, but instead I stayed with my son so he could rest and recover from being sick while my wife took our daughter to DTD for a makeover at Anna and Elsa's. I have to say, I agree with those who prefer the hairstyling there to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. She looked adorable afterwards and they did a great job! We decided to stay an extra day and I will say that the Super 8 was very accommodating and even gave us the discounted rate we used to book the original trip for our extra night. They also asked about our son anytime we contacted the office about something, which was very nice of them.

So, after my son recuperated, we had the best 2 days of the visit on Saturday and Sunday. Despite being a weekend and having a cheerleading convention going on, it wasn't too bad crowd-wise. We stuck with DL park that day and were pretty much able to ride everything. The best part was my son, who has problem with virtual rides and even 3D movies, decided to try Star Tours. He loved it, which was shocking to us particularly since he isn't big on thrill rides (he doesn't even like the drops on Pirates). He decided it was his favorite ride in the park, which was great for me because I have been wanting to take him on it.

Sunday was our last day and was kind of strange. Even though it really wasn't that crowded and the wait times were pretty low for much of the day and evening, the rides kept breaking down. We had delays on Pirates, HM, IASW, Autopia and Star Wars. It was really weird because there wasn't that many people in line but it still took forever to get through some of the rides. The only good part was the breakdown on Star Tours happened during the last scene, so once they got it running again they started it over so we got 2 trips in 1. We also did the snow play in DCA on Sunday and you could tell it is temporary just based on how unorganized it is. They were constantly stopping to to refresh the snow, which makes sense. What didn't make sense was not having someone to direct the people who lined up and waited outside where to go once inside. Also anyone could walk in through the front without having to wait in the line outside as well as the CMs inside directing people to get back in the inside line once their time was done. It wasn't really fair to the people who had patiently waited outside like they were supposed to. The sled was fun, but of the Frozen stuff it was the one that was a bit disappointing. Overall though it was a wonderful trip and even the complaints were more of the "We tried it this way but we won't do it again" variety.

P.S. It was really neat seeing the castle decorations go up each day. We went from worrying about it being under a tarp a month ago to watching it undgo the decoration process.

How funny, we were both staying at Super 8 at the same time. We checked out Friday morning. We had no issues, we were upstairs facing the parking garage for the Garden Walk. That was noisy a few times, people were in there yelling and being loud.
And I will agree that the ART was kind of a pain since there weren't more #6 shuttles running! We didn't plan to use the ART but I hurt my foot a couple days before we left. We walked to DTD that first night for dinner and I just couldn't do that all week, especially after walking in the parks all day long, so we decided to get passes for the rest of the week.

How funny, we were both staying at Super 8 at the same time. We checked out Friday morning. We had no issues, we were upstairs facing the parking garage for the Garden Walk. That was noisy a few times, people were in there yelling and being loud.
And I will agree that the ART was kind of a pain since there weren't more #6 shuttles running! We didn't plan to use the ART but I hurt my foot a couple days before we left. We walked to DTD that first night for dinner and I just couldn't do that all week, especially after walking in the parks all day long, so we decided to get passes for the rest of the week.
Yeah, it probably wouldn't have been as bad in a different location. Getting up early and coming back to rest in the afternoon wouldn't have helped either, it was just as noisy in the afternoon that my son was sick. The funny thing was, there were a ton of cheerleaders there over the weekend (which is probably why we were stuck in a back room, it looked like they had most of the hotel booked) and they didn't make any noise at all. It was really just the hotel workers that were noisy. :-)
I am glad you didn't have the same problems, since I was the one who suggested Super 8 to you in the first place. :D

Yeah, it probably wouldn't have been as bad in a different location. Getting up early and coming back to rest in the afternoon wouldn't have helped either, it was just as noisy in the afternoon that my son was sick. The funny thing was, there were a ton of cheerleaders there over the weekend (which is probably why we were stuck in a back room, it looked like they had most of the hotel booked) and they didn't make any noise at all. It was really just the hotel workers that were noisy. :-)
I am glad you didn't have the same problems, since I was the one who suggested Super 8 to you in the first place. :D

haha, that's right! You did. That's too funny. Derp.
Yeah, we left right as all the cheerleaders were arriving. Downtown Disney was a madhouse the night before we left.

haha, that's right! You did. That's too funny. Derp.
Yeah, we left right as all the cheerleaders were arriving. Downtown Disney was a madhouse the night before we left.
I had a bad feeling when I saw the influx of cheerleaders but they were all so well behaved and didn't really seem to impact the crowds that much. I have to say I was impressed with them and the job their coaches/chaperones did with them.

I had a bad feeling when I saw the influx of cheerleaders but they were all so well behaved and didn't really seem to impact the crowds that much. I have to say I was impressed with them and the job their coaches/chaperones did with them.

That's good! I was glad we were leaving when we did, but I guess they didn't impact the crowds too negatively. I actually knew one of the cheerleaders heading down there that weekend and they were only there for a couple days, so probably just through the weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter