March Check-In Thread!

For those of you who will be in the parks on March 27 and beyond, and are planning to do the Egg-stravaganza, I started a thread today with the rundown (including photos and details) of how it works. This is the 2014 hunt that I write about, of course, but I think that this year's will be pretty much the same as last year's (with the exception of a few new hiding spots). The thread is called "Eggs-plaining the Egg-stravaganza" and it can be found here - http://www.disboards.com/threads/eg...n-2-days-march-27-2015.3393648/#post-53320682

Just got confirmation that we are going to Club 33 on Sunday for a brunch and characters often appear! Woo hoo- more characters for our daughter!

Just returned yesterday! The trip went fantastic, and we all had a great time! It was soooooo hot oh my gosh... We had to go back to the hotel to swim during the heat of the day because it was so bad.
The good news? I DID find some Big Hero 6 merchandise! I got a pin set, which was crazy expensive, but it was pretty much all they had. Apparently they had some Baymax shirts for a little bit while we were there but they were sold out by the time I returned to the store to buy one! If you're looking for BH6 stuff, I'd recommend checking in the Star Trader shop in Tomorrowland (the one you exit into after Star Tours), they had the most stuff that I've seen. (Which wasn't much but it was some).
I had a little magical moment in that shop, I was looking for Baymax shirts (because according to my brother they were there), and asked a CM if they had any left. I ended up talking to the CM for about half an hour (we didn't have anywhere to be) about the annoying lack of BH6 stuff, and then talking about the college program, 'cause I want to be a cast member, and he gave me tips and stuff, told me a bit about his story, and that kind of thing. Then at the end of our conversation he gave me a little Hiro figurine for free, it was so nice!
If you want a plush, I'd suggest ordering online, since that's basically the only way to get them. That's how my parents got me mine for my birthday.
In other things, our most ridden ride of the trip was definitely Grizzly River Run, it was so hot, we must have rode it seven or eight times that trip. Five times in one day even (the hottest day). We saw World of Color twice, once from the yellow section and once from the blue section on the bridge (which is the best place to view it from honestly, and this coming from someone who's seen it from tons of angles as it's my favorite show).
I'm just sad that we didn't get to see the new World of Color for the 60th, and am hoping against hope that we'd be able to go back. Our APs expired which means that we basically will never be able to go back unless I get a job there, which isn't going to happen for another several years at least.
We did finally get on RSR (yay!), and I rode it three times throughout the trip, which was a victory for sure. My little sister got sick the day after I posted last, and had to miss almost two full days in the hotel room with a fever, which was soooo sad. She felt better by our last day though and was able to come back and go on a few rides before she had to return to the hotel and sleep.
On our last day, we got up early to go to rope drop, only to find that RSR was closed (which is where we always head first thing). So we went to Toy Story Midway Mania, and THAT was closed. And then to top it all off, California Screamin' was closed too! Three of the headliners. At that point, we were too far away to make it to Tower of Terror before that line got long, so we had to do some of the other rides at Paradise Pier while we waited for Toy Story and Screamin' to be up. It was just annoying and threw a huge wrench in our plans, since this was the ONE day we actually made it to rope drop, and we had a very detailed plan in place. That didn't work. But we had fun anyway, and it all worked out. Just meant we got to ride Grizzly River Run five times and get a FP for Racers in the evening (which is the best time to ride it!).
So I'd say all in all, the trip was great! Sorry, I can be a bit long-winded, but I didn't want to post a full trip report, figured I'd just put a little bit on here. Hoping we can somehow manage to go back soon, even though I'm thinking that's not going to happen. But we can hope, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter