March Break madness ~crowds, craziness and cocktails! A March '22 PTR! TR link 03/22

One more week!!!!!

Oh my gosh you guys, I am SO excited!! But also a little nervous with the crazy crowd levels....level 10 for both of our park days with March 14th being completely sold out!! I went ahead and added Genie+ for our Animal Kingdom/Epcot day and I have to say I am glad I did. It just seems like it is going to be slammed! I am watching the weather forecasts like a hawk and of course am picking the one I like best. March is so unpredictable....it could be hot or cold, who knows? So packing is extra challenging. Speaking of packing, I am still trying to only use carry on. Here is everything I am bringing.....do you think I can fit it all in?

IMG_0122.jpeg

2 pairs of capris, 4 pairs of shorts, 6 dresses, 5 dressy tops, 4 casual tops, 2 hoodies, 2 bathing suits, 3 pairs of shoes, 1 Loungefly backpack, 2 D&B crossbody bags, socks, jammies etc. Ooof! Thank goodness for compression packing cubes! Then of course I have these two little cuties distracting me. The orange and white cat is our new darling, Duncan, who we adopted this fall from a feral rescue group. Then the gray and white love is our girl Dusty who we brought home as 7 week old kitten. She is now 10 and 1/2 years old and a total diva.
IMG_0124.jpeg

Stuart is going to come home from college (his classes are all virtual) and look after them when we are away. Now I am trying to come up with a good plan of attack for our park days. Here's what I am thinking so far.......

Monday, March 14th ~ AK/EP
Park hours start at 7:30 with early entry at 7:00 am. ILL for Flight of Passage, Genie+ for Navi River Journey, and Festival of the Lion King. Rope drop Kilimanjaro Safari. Walk Gorilla Falls and Maharajah Trek trails. Watch Feathered Friends in Flight. Earlyish lunch/drinks at Nomad Lounge. Head back to Saratoga for some down time (hopefully warm enough to swim). Start stacking Genie+ LLs for Epcot.

Arrive Epcot ~4:30 pm. Genie+ ressies for Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land and Soarin'. ILL for Remy. It is extended hours this evening from 9-11 so we will take advantage of that too. Plans are to take in the Garden Rocks concert, watch HarmoniUS and try lots of delicious food at the Flower and Garden booths!

Wednesday, March 16th ~ HS/MK

Park hours start at 8:30 with early entry at 8:00 am. We will try to be there by 7:30 at the very latest as I know it is going to be slammed! We will do our best to get an ILL for Rise of the Resistance right at 7:00 and then will go for Millennium Falcon as our 1st Genie+. Plans are to rope drop Minnie and Mickey's Runaway Railroad, then head to Toy Story Land for Toy Story Midway Mania and Alien Swirling Saucers. Once our 11:00 window opens up we are going to start stacking Genie+ ressies for Magic Kingdom. Priorities are Haunted, Big Thunder, Peter Pan, Splash, Jungle Cruise and Pirates. Of courses the classics will be well represented with Tiki Room, People Mover and Carousel of Progress at the top of the list. We are going to hit up Baseline Tap House for lunch while at HS as well as grabbing treats from Backlot Express.

We will probably end up at Magic Kingdom around 7:00 as we have dinner reservations at Steakhouse 71 first. I am not bothered about seeing Enchantment but will probably watch from the back of the castle. I need to try the new POG juice float with coconut Dole Whip and I am sure a Mickey ice cream sandwich will make it's way into my hands. This night is extended hours from 11 pm to 1 am and our goal is to stay until the end! Let's see how long we last. :)

Wish me luck with my Tetris wrangling as I pack! Positive vibes to the weather gods for sunny warmth are appreciated too.

Oh my gosh you guys, I am SO excited!!
:bounce:
Yay!! Almost there!

But also a little nervous with the crazy crowd levels....level 10 for both of our park days with March 14th being completely sold out!!
No kidding! Me too!

I went ahead and added Genie+ for our Animal Kingdom/Epcot day and I have to say I am glad I did.
::yes::
I think that's a good choice. Plus it'll give you experience using it before your HS/MK day.

packing is extra challenging.
Always!

Then of course I have these two little cuties distracting me.
paw:paw:
So cute!
I miss my cat. She was a terror to everyone else, but I loved cuddling with her.

I need to try the new POG juice float with coconut Dole Whip
Where is that?

our goal is to stay until the end!
Go for it!
If it was just me, I totally would stay until the end. But my parents are morning people and 1am would be way way past Kiddo's bedtime.

Ok first of all your plans sound amazing and I’m rooting for you to make it to the end of the night at MK. Second of all if you manage to get all that packed into your carry on using packing cubes I’m buying some :rotfl: I believe in you so I’m betting you will manage it. Looking forward to seeing all your lovely outfits too. Not long now!

Packing cubes are magic! I believe in you! :)
I really like the compression cubes I bought. I've been experimenting with them and they work well.
I think that's a good choice. Plus it'll give you experience using it before your HS/MK day.
Exactly my thinking! I have been trying to look at the Tip Board each morning just to get an idea of how fast everything moves.
Where is that?
At Aloha Isle in Adventureland.
If it was just me, I totally would stay until the end. But my parents are morning people and 1am would be way way past Kiddo's bedtime.
Well, maybe your parents could take your little back to the resort and you could have some solo park time???
Ok first of all your plans sound amazing and I’m rooting for you to make it to the end of the night at MK. Second of all if you manage to get all that packed into your carry on using packing cubes I’m buying some :rotfl: I believe in you so I’m betting you will manage it. Looking forward to seeing all your lovely outfits too. Not long now!
Bill and I have already agreed that if he feels peopled out and wants to head back to the resort, he can and I will probably stay. The compression cubes work really well so I am feeling optimistic!

Once our 11:00 window opens up we are going to start stacking Genie+ ressies for Magic Kingdom. Priorities are Haunted, Big Thunder, Peter Pan, Splash, Jungle Cruise and Pirates.

Your plans sound fantastic...but complicated lol. Sounds like you have the new system pretty well figured out. Whenever I get back to WDW I will definitely have to brush up on my knowledge of how it all works now. I had hoped that the big change would allow trips to be more spontaneous...but...notsomuch it seems. There will always be an advantage to the superplanners I guess...which I do hope to be one...but still lol.

Your plans sound fantastic...but complicated lol. Sounds like you have the new system pretty well figured out. Whenever I get back to WDW I will definitely have to brush up on my knowledge of how it all works now. I had hoped that the big change would allow trips to be more spontaneous...but...notsomuch it seems. There will always be an advantage to the superplanners I guess...which I do hope to be one...but still lol.
I mean I do love planning g but figuring out Genie+ and $ILLs is a whole other level!! I think I have a small understanding of how it all works but we will see when it all rolls out. :)

Well, maybe your parents could take your little back to the resort and you could have some solo park time???
That is an excellent idea!
:scratchin

I mean I do love planning g but figuring out Genie+ and $ILLs is a whole other level!! I think I have a small understanding of how it all works but we will see when it all rolls out. :)
Agreed!
Have you been looking at thrill-data too?

Have you been looking at thrill-data too?
No, I haven't. Will need to check that out. I have been obsessing over weather forecasts and playing around with different outfit options all morning. :)

Wow, I will be interested to hear if you fit everything in your carryon!
I always overpack!
I sure hope the weather is beautiful. It should be this time of year!
We are doing the EMH at Epcot and MK, looking forward to this.
I think having Genie+ and ILLs set up is a good idea with the high crowd levels.

One more week!!!!!

Oh my gosh you guys, I am SO excited!!
:goodvibes
level 10 for both of our park days
:scared:
Speaking of packing, I am still trying to only use carry on. Here is everything I am bringing.....do you think I can fit it all in?
Holy smokes! :faint:
IMG_0124.jpeg
Cute. :)
Wish me luck with my Tetris wrangling as I pack! Positive vibes to the weather gods for sunny warmth are appreciated too.
Good luck and positive vibes sent!

I sure hope the weather is beautiful. It should be this time of year!
I am following Weather Network (Canadian), the Weather Channel and Accuweather. Of course I am picking the forecast I like best!
We are doing the EMH at Epcot and MK, looking forward to this.
The evening hours are the best!
I think having Genie+ and ILLs set up is a good idea with the high crowd levels.
Even though I really didn't want to go that route, I feel it's the only way to survive the crowd levels.
Can you show us how to pack the dresses in the compression cubes? :crazy:
Sure! Will take pics for you. :)
Holy smokes! :faint:
I know, I know! I am a little over the top. Ok, maybe more than a little...
Good luck and positive vibes sent!
Thank you!

Can't wait to go back! Have fun! We may pop by Disney Springs during Spring Break. Will go to the parks in summer.

I just bought the compression packing cubes! I hope they come on time... delivery estimate says March 14, and we're leaving the 18th!

Can't wait to go back! Have fun! We may pop by Disney Springs during Spring Break. Will go to the parks in summer.
Hope you have a great spring break vacay!
I just bought the compression packing cubes! I hope they come on time... delivery estimate says March 14, and we're leaving the 18th!
You will love them! Hope they get there in time.

I need to order the compression packing cubes. Please let me know when they arrive and feedback. Thank you

.level 10 for both of our park days with March 14th being completely sold out!!
Yikes!!!! I keep stalking touring plans to see if they up our days at all.

do you think I can fit it all in?

IMG_0122.jpeg
I think you can!

Thank goodness for compression packing cubes!
Do they work?!?! I just discovered that this is a thing! I have used regular packing cubes but not these compression ones!

This night is extended hours from 11 pm to 1 am and our goal is to stay until the end! Let's see how long we last. :)
Hopefully that will give you some relief from the crowds!

Yikes!!!! I keep stalking touring plans to see if they up our days at all.
I am a little worried about how busy it is going to be, The 14th through the 17th are completely sold out in all 4 parks. The 13th and 18th only have Epcot available.
Do they work?!?! I just discovered that this is a thing! I have used regular packing cubes but not these compression ones!
They do work really well! The only thing I have found is you can't fill them super full before compressing.
I think you can!
The weather has foiled my plans for a carry on. Now the lows are in the teens (high 50's) and the highs are only low 20's (70's). So definitely a little cooler than I hoped and I feel like I need more options.
Hopefully that will give you some relief from the crowds!
Fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter