*March 2019 Check In*

Just moved our trip from February to March! New dates are March 5 - 8, staying for the first time at DLH! :cheer2::cheer2:
I'm so stinkin' excited to finally be staying there. We moved to these dates so we could attend the after hours event on the 7th. We've never attended any of the parties so it should be interesting! Hopefully I can stay up that late! :rotfl2:

Awww well thank you, I appreciate that :flower1:
I messaged Amtrak, they said if you have an unreserved ticket and miss the train then you can get on the next train. For business class, if you miss the train and don’t cancel before hand, the fare would forfeit.

I messaged Amtrak, they said if you have an unreserved ticket and miss the train then you can get on the next train. For business class, if you miss the train and don’t cancel before hand, the fare would forfeit.

Oh that's awesome, thank you for checking! I don't think we were going to travel in business class anyway :P so looks like there is no downside to buying the tickets in advance for an unreserved one and if we miss the train we can get the next one.

I will be there March 6-9th, I have been to Disneyland several times but it has been a few years. This will be a solo trip as I had to go when I saw the Disneyland in the dark for the 90's night. Hoping for a meet if anyone wants to have one.

We will be there from the 10th to the 17th. We normally only stay on Harbor but this year we decided to splurge and stay at the Grand Californian! We originally had the DL Hotel booked but we found out about the construction with the DL Hotel pools so we decided not to stay there, but we found a good deal at GCH and are now counting down the days. We usually can't keep Disneyland trips a secret but I think we may surprise them with the hotel this time!

Oh that's awesome, thank you for checking! I don't think we were going to travel in business class anyway :P so looks like there is no downside to buying the tickets in advance for an unreserved one and if we miss the train we can get the next one.
You’re welcome.

The refurb calendar is starting to get really deep for spring. Not that it wasn't expected, but it's still hard to watch. I don't remember so many unknown end dates in the past. Everything is just listed as returning in "Spring 2019". I'm surprised to see Splash on the list, given that it just had a really lengthy refurb.

The refurb calendar is starting to get really deep for spring. Not that it wasn't expected, but it's still hard to watch. I don't remember so many unknown end dates in the past. Everything is just listed as returning in "Spring 2019". I'm surprised to see Splash on the list, given that it just had a really lengthy refurb.

I ran and looked at the refurbs on the Disneyland site after reading your post and I don't see Splash on the list? Grizzly River Run is, and then Astro Orbiter, and the Columbia as far as rides go. But no Splash. Where are you looking?

I ran and looked at the refurbs on the Disneyland site after reading your post and I don't see Splash on the list? Grizzly River Run is, and then Astro Orbiter, and the Columbia as far as rides go. But no Splash. Where are you looking?
I'm looking at the bubbles in the map, entering dates as far as the calendar goes out in February. Usually it will show a few days earlier on the map than on the list.
Edit: I shouldn't have said Splash was on the list, it's on the map, that was confusing.

Last edited:
I'm looking at the bubbles in the map, entering dates as far as the calendar goes out in February. Usually it will show a few days earlier on the map than on the list.
Edit: I shouldn't have said Splash was on the list, it's on the map, that was confusing.

Ohhhhhhh yep. Now I see it. Sigh. May it be the quickest refurb ever! I doubt it will be, but a gal can dream!

How did the surprise go Cal-Pie?
They were more excited about my new robot vacuum than they were about Disneyland;).They've talked a lot more about the trip today and my daughter just finished making a count down chain, so I think it was a case of delayed excitement:)

Is anyone else obsessed with the new purple ears? I know what my must-buy souvenir will be in March :rotfl2:

Is anyone else obsessed with the new purple ears? I know what my must-buy souvenir will be in March :rotfl2:
They are darling. I'm not a big "ear wearer" because I find them heavy and I'm prone to headaches, but these ones are tempting me, they're my very favorite color:lovestruc

Question for those of you that go more often than I... When do our park hoppers show up in the app? Our 90's nite tickets are there but not that park hoppers. Just curious how that works!

Question for those of you that go more often than I... When do our park hoppers show up in the app? Our 90's nite tickets are there but not that park hoppers. Just curious how that works!
When I've purchased on the website, they've shown up immediately in the app (same log in info). How long ago did you purchase?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter