*March 2019 Check In*

DH and I will be there 3/19-3/23, first timers!! This is after a conference I have so I can't change the dates, but is anyone else a little disappointed about all the closures? Splash is my favorite ride and the idea that I wont be able to ride the DL version makes me:sad: . And am I reading this right- there may be no nighttime entertainment? No WOC or Fantasmic? :guilty:

DH and I will be there 3/19-3/23, first timers!! This is after a conference I have so I can't change the dates, but is anyone else a little disappointed about all the closures? Splash is my favorite ride and the idea that I wont be able to ride the DL version makes me:sad: . And am I reading this right- there may be no nighttime entertainment? No WOC or Fantasmic? :guilty:
As of today's calendar, it looks like Splash will be back 2/15!! WOC and F! are still up in the air. The new night time projection show is supposed to start on 1/18.

According to dining reservations, it looks like the first full week of March will have 9am openings, 8am on Friday 3/8. I'm so glad that 10am openings are less frequent now!

According to dining reservations, it looks like the first full week of March will have 9am openings, 8am on Friday 3/8. I'm so glad that 10am openings are less frequent now!

Oh awesome! Good catch! And then they usually close at 8pm during the weekdays, correct? That will be weird. I'm used to the summer midnight closings!

Oh awesome! Good catch! And then they usually close at 8pm during the weekdays, correct? That will be weird. I'm used to the summer midnight closings!
Yes, my best guess for that week is 8pm, although Thursday may be different because of the valentine event.

Well, everything is booked, paid for, reservations made... now I just have to wait 55 days. Sigh. I have a desire to keep planning but until I know the hours and all that, I'm in limbo! 8-)

How are everyone else's plans going? Have any fun reservations you are excited for?

How are everyone else's plans going? Have any fun reservations you are excited for?

I think the only reservations we are planning is Surf's Up, we have two newbies who loves Stitch! LOL

And if Fantasmic is on, maybe the Hungry Bear option? We usually go to Blue Bayou or River Belle Terrace but with the exchange rate, it's kind of hard to spend the money.

I'm having the hardest time trying to decide what to do about reservations. I definitely want Hungry Bear if is F! is back up. I don't know if I want to try to get something for WOC if it comes back? So much limbo.

Last edited:
We have a reservation at Lamplight is all so far. I wanted to do Blue Bayou for nostalgia but not much on the menu interests me enough to pay that much. If one of the shows becomes available then I'll likely do a reservation in conjunction with that. But I'm not holding my breath! I will have happy tears if WOC comes back up though! Happy happy tears!

We will be there 03/11/19-03/14/19. We're only doing 1 park a day for 2 days but we will be staying at DH. :) Super excited!

Desperately hoping WOC is back, if so we’ll definetly do the Dessert Package again. It was amazing last time we did it in 2017.
If Fantasmic is back we’ll also do the upgraded River Belle Terrace Package. We’ve never bothered booking any table service meals.
We’ll do Goofy’s Kitchen for dinner on our arrival night!

Desperately hoping WOC is back, if so we’ll definetly do the Dessert Package again. It was amazing last time we did it in 2017.
If Fantasmic is back we’ll also do the upgraded River Belle Terrace Package. We’ve never bothered booking any table service meals.
We’ll do Goofy’s Kitchen for dinner on our arrival night!

I hope one or both of those is back too! I love both but I think I'd really really be sad to miss WOC.

Hi there! Checking in officially! I just bought our plane tickets last night even though I've had our hotel booked since November. We are there from 21-25 and staying at BW Anaheim Inn. I can't wait to see what the Food and Wine Festival menus are!

Today was my “60 days out” so I booked a Blue Bayou lunch ADR and mid-afternoon BBB for our two youngest DDs (7 and 10 yr old). This will likely be the a last hurrah of doing BBB because they’ll likely outgrow it by the next time we go back. Will book our Plaza Inn character breakfast tomorrow. Don’t think there are truthfully any other must have dining reservations so we’ll probably just do counter service for the rest of our meals. With us staying at GCH, I realize we have the option to dine at Storytellers Cafe for a character breakfast but our girls really love meeting all the characters at Plaza Inn (they care more about meeting characters vs food quality) so we will opt to go there. It never was on our radar to cross the street to do character dining at DLH or PP.

Will have to say goodbye to our March/April trip. My husband has severely blown out his knee and requires surgery and extensive rehabilitation post op. On the plus side we are rebooking for November! Thank goodness for travel cancellation insurance. A bit worried about the crowds but it is what it is. Looking forward to reading about all your trips!

Will have to say goodbye to our March/April trip. My husband has severely blown out his knee and requires surgery and extensive rehabilitation post op. On the plus side we are rebooking for November! Thank goodness for travel cancellation insurance. A bit worried about the crowds but it is what it is. Looking forward to reading about all your trips!
So sorry to hear that! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Thanks Cal-Pie, we are all so disappointed l, especially more husband. He feels so guilty, bless him.

I’m so sorry! We had to do that last year too after my daughter was in a bad car accident. Now she’s all healed and we get to go celebrate in March! (I joke with her that I’m going to get her an ‘I’m celebrating’ button and have them write ‘the reunification of my pelvis’ on it.) :p
I’m glad you have a plan for later in the year. :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter