March 12, 2011 Eastern Caribbean, Let's rock the Magic!

Hey everyone! I have a quick clothes question. For formal night and our dinner at Palo, how important is it for my DH to wear a jacket? Would a shirt and tie be enough or would he look out of place? Does Palo require a jacket for dinner? He's not opposed to wearing one but he just doesn't own one. I'm trying to save myself the expense if I can. If he has to wear one, I may just look into renting onboard.

Hey everyone! I have a quick clothes question. For formal night and our dinner at Palo, how important is it for my DH to wear a jacket? Would a shirt and tie be enough or would he look out of place? Does Palo require a jacket for dinner? He's not opposed to wearing one but he just doesn't own one. I'm trying to save myself the expense if I can. If he has to wear one, I may just look into renting onboard.

This what i wore to Palo... I saw nice sweaters to a Tux...

100_1439.jpg

100_1438.jpg

I went back and looked at our pictures from Palo and DH was wearing a suit and tie in each dinner picture, but brunch was more resort casual.
Here is what I found:

"During dinner, gentlemen will be required to wear a dress shirt. Gentlemen wearing polo shirts, t-shirts, Tommy Bahama style shirts, etc will not be allowed admittance. Jackets and/or ties are recommended but not required."

So, looks like a shirt & tie with slacks will work!

My DH wore the suit for formal night too as that is when you get pictures with the captain and formal shots with the family if you want them.
He owns a couple tuxedos, but we have yet to bring them. Maybe when we're all grey and sailing on Holland America!!:lmao:

Ok, about the SNOW...
In November, snowfall is a nice surprise. It marks another change in season and tells me to forget about the yard and raking the rest of the leaves.
In December, it marks the holiday season and is really beautiful. :santa:
In January and early February, well, you live with it. :cold:
In MARCH!!! It's just CRAP!! :headache:

Sorry, venting. Just shoveled the driveway and walk AGAIN.
GET ME ON THAT SHIP!

Off to make my mani/pedi appts. I deserve it. :thumbsup2

Marcy

My husband wore his tux the last time we cruised since he does not get to wear it much. It made for nice pictures with Mickey all dressed up too.

:goodvibes

9 days left to go.

My dh and son (age 7) will be wearing suit & ties for formal night. And maybe no jacket, but shirt & tie for semi-formal night. I'm wearing a black cocktail dress I wore to my niece's wedding for both nights - will just bling them up differently. princess:

Love the 1 more Monday analogy! :woohoo:

What time is everyone planning on getting to port? We are flying in the night before, and I've got car service picking us up from our hotel Saturday morning at 9:30 (near the airport). Is this too early? :surfweb:

9 days, 19 hours, 40 minutes, 48 seconds... 47.... 46.... :lmao:

DCL just posted a special on facebook for $799 per person for the transatlantic 14 day cruise in May. Wow, would love to do it but my job would FREAK OUT if I wanted 14 days off. I don't think I've had 14 day off total in the last year! :lmao: Well it's a nice dream. Maybe next year.

I went back and looked at our pictures from Palo and DH was wearing a suit and tie in each dinner picture, but brunch was more resort casual.
Here is what I found:

"During dinner, gentlemen will be required to wear a dress shirt. Gentlemen wearing polo shirts, t-shirts, Tommy Bahama style shirts, etc will not be allowed admittance. Jackets and/or ties are recommended but not required."

So, looks like a shirt & tie with slacks will work!

My DH wore the suit for formal night too as that is when you get pictures with the captain and formal shots with the family if you want them.
He owns a couple tuxedos, but we have yet to bring them. Maybe when we're all grey and sailing on Holland America!!:lmao:

Ok, about the SNOW...
In November, snowfall is a nice surprise. It marks another change in season and tells me to forget about the yard and raking the rest of the leaves.
In December, it marks the holiday season and is really beautiful. :santa:
In January and early February, well, you live with it. :cold:
In MARCH!!! It's just CRAP!! :headache:

Sorry, venting. Just shoveled the driveway and walk AGAIN.
GET ME ON THAT SHIP!

Off to make my mani/pedi appts. I deserve it. :thumbsup2

Marcy

It is now spring time weather here in north Texas with the high today of 73 and the trees are budding out their leaves:cool1::cool1:

Oh sorry Marcy:sad2::sad2:

Rob

My dh and son (age 7) will be wearing suit & ties for formal night. And maybe no jacket, but shirt & tie for semi-formal night. I'm wearing a black cocktail dress I wore to my niece's wedding for both nights - will just bling them up differently. princess:

Love the 1 more Monday analogy! :woohoo:

What time is everyone planning on getting to port? We are flying in the night before, and I've got car service picking us up from our hotel Saturday morning at 9:30 (near the airport). Is this too early? :surfweb:

9 days, 19 hours, 40 minutes, 48 seconds... 47.... 46.... :lmao:

We are going to try to be on one of the first buses out of the airport, I think that will be around 9-9:30...my wife likes to be in group 2 when boarding:thumbsup2

Rob

:thumbsup2 Thanks, Rob. I was yo-yoing on whether or not to go early and hurry up and wait, or go later to avoid the crowds. Will keep car service the same and hopefully be group #2.

Got a letter today from DCL. They have been having issues with their reservation system for Vista Spa and may have lost some reservations. :eek:

The letter said to go online and check "My cruise plans" to ensure your reservations are in order.

I didn't make any spa reservations so we're not impacted but thought I'd pass along in case any of you didn't get the letter.

Only 5 more days of work until we leave! :banana::banana:

Michelle

My husband wore his tux the last time we cruised since he does not get to wear it much. It made for nice pictures with Mickey all dressed up too.

:goodvibes

9 days left to go.

I bought DH a new suit for the cruise because he had "outgrown" his old one. :rotfl:

It's a black suit so he'll wear it with a bowtie for formal night and Mickey Mouse tie for semi-formal night.

Michelle

The wife and I were just talking about what we wanted to do on the sea days and one thing that came up was the galley tour. If you have never done it, it is a lot of fun to see how huge the galley really is. At the end you get some choc. chip cookies:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 We also may go play bingo as we have never done it maybe we will get lucky:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Rob

The wife and I were just talking about what we wanted to do on the sea days and one thing that came up was the galley tour. If you have never done it, it is a lot of fun to see how huge the galley really is. At the end you get some choc. chip cookies:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 We also may go play bingo as we have never done it maybe we will get lucky:rotfl2::rotfl2:
We are hoping to do the galley tour this time, also. I did bingo last time, and it was fun (it does cost some money, but it was budgeted into my souvenier fund). I didn't win anything, but they do give away little prizes to everyone who participates.

And our weather here is north Texas is amazing right now! I hope it stays like this until we leave next week! Oh 70s, how I love thee! (And yes, sorry Marcy, and all of you in colder climates! :sad2: only a few more days!!)

I am getting excited about meeting each of you next week! It will be so nice to put faces with names, er screen-names...

We are going to try to be on one of the first buses out of the airport, I think that will be around 9-9:30...my wife likes to be in group 2 when boarding:thumbsup2

Rob

Hi,

I was wondering about times for getting to port - we are staying at the Hyatt at the airport the night before and have booked transfers with Disney - I have heard differing reports on the boards that the buses from the airport leave later in the morning...or maybe early afternoon...

Just wondering how early we can get on the road as I want to maximize our time on board!!:yay:

Getting ready for warm sunny days, as we are sure not getting it here:sad2:

btw, my spa reservation has not been affected, but my TA advised me today about the possible gliches.:eek:

Hi,

I was wondering about times for getting to port - we are staying at the Hyatt at the airport the night before and have booked transfers with Disney - I have heard differing reports on the boards that the buses from the airport leave later in the morning...or maybe early afternoon...

Just wondering how early we can get on the road as I want to maximize our time on board!!:yay:

Getting ready for warm sunny days, as we are sure not getting it here:sad2:

btw, my spa reservation has not been affected, but my TA advised me today about the possible gliches.:eek:

When you check in at the Hyatt tell them that you are doing the DCL transfers and they will give you a sheet of paper explaining the baggage transfer and where you meet in the hotel to grab the bus that leaves from the Hyatt's parking lot. We have done the Hyatt many times and you can start checking in around 9 am.

Rob

Mark, I must admit it will be hard for us to let Shadow work. We miss our dog when we are on vacation, but usually aren't around dogs to have to remember our working dog manners. :) But we will try to do our best.:goodvibes

We got that letter also, and unfortuanatly our couples massage was gone :( I rebooked but it is not the time I wanted. But... just a small bummer, certainly not a trip ruiner :) Can't wait!

Got a letter today from DCL. They have been having issues with their reservation system for Vista Spa and may have lost some reservations. :eek:

The letter said to go online and check "My cruise plans" to ensure your reservations are in order.

I didn't make any spa reservations so we're not impacted but thought I'd pass along in case any of you didn't get the letter.

Only 5 more days of work until we leave! :banana::banana:

Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter