March 12, 2011 Eastern Caribbean, Let's rock the Magic!

We're getting close!
I still have a few FE gifts to buy--I'm having a hard time with boy gifts.

I also need to get pirate costumes for my girls. DD14 has one picked out, but I can't decide on one for DD2.

Yes, we are on the 8:45 from Seattle - you can tell your mom and stepdad to look out for the family with the energetic little red head (my dd). We shouldn't be too hard to miss!
We are taking the clipper over the night before and staying at the red lion seatac.

Cheers!

Yes, we are on the 8:45 from Seattle - you can tell your mom and stepdad to look out for the family with the energetic little red head (my dd). We shouldn't be too hard to miss!
We are taking the clipper over the night before and staying at the red lion seatac.

Cheers!

Great! I'll have them say "Hi!"
My mom is a redhead too :goodvibes
They are in their 60's but don't look it, you could probably pick them out too.

How fun to take the Clipper! I've done that a few times. We'd take it to Victoria back when I was in college at U of W (over the age of 19 but under 21 if you know what I mean :rolleyes:)

One time my DH was coming back from a business trip in Amsterdam but we were with my mom & stepdad and their boat at Friday Harbor. I arrange for him to fly all the way from Europe (with a couple plane changes) to Seattle then take the smaller clipper to Friday Harbor. What a LONG day that was for him!:faint:

Happy weekend!

Marcy

Michelle, are you the same Michelle064 that I met on the Passporter meet thread? Small world! :)

Yes, it's me. There wasn't much activity on the Passporter thread so I'm glad I found this one. Being able to post messages and read others' posts just makes it so much more exciting.

Only 3 weeks to go!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

WOW....spring is here in north Texas:cool1::cool1: I just went out to check on our pool and the thermometer was reading 80 degrees on the dot :worship::worship: We are hoping that this weather lasts until the cruise.

We are heading out to Wallmart to get our travel items today:thumbsup2 this makes the cruise feel real close now.

Rob

We've also had a brief reprieve from the winter weather here in Southern Ontario this week, but it's not as warm as Texas!! Sadly, it's not going to last...winter returns starting tomorrow.

Michelle

Teri - thanks for the info.
I completed my online check in just this morning (in lieu of receiving the actual Docs...waiting, waiting...) and saw that when selecting a timeframe in which we would arrive at the port, the earliest time was already full and not available to select.

I suspect this is a way for Disney to spread out arrivals -- at least among those who are not "in the know." (95% of the ship -- non DISsers!).
Frankly, we'll get there when we get there. We are staying in Cape Canaveral so the pressure is off. Oh, except for DH who is flying in that morning from a business trip in Chicago and taking DCL transpo to the port. Fingers crossed for no flight delays or cancellations!!:shamrock:

We head to the airport in Seattle 4 weeks from tonight!:woohoo:
The kids and I are taking a RED eye to Orlando :3dglasses, but my mom & stepdad will have a room at the Hyatt that we can crash when we arrive that morning. :faint:

Time to go run errands! Everyone have a great day!

Marcy

We still don't have any cruise docs/package! :snooty: We are just actually filling in the online check-in tonight. Would that be why we have not got them yet?

What is in the package? Thanks!

Can't wait!:cheer2:

Yes, it's me. There wasn't much activity on the Passporter thread so I'm glad I found this one. Being able to post messages and read others' posts just makes it so much more exciting.

Only 3 weeks to go!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

I agree...I'm a huge fan of the Passporter, but am thankful for finding the DIS!!!

As my kids say, only 3 more Fridays!!:woohoo:

Our cruise docs arrived today. Soooo cool!!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1: Now it's feeling very real. :yay::yay:

Thanks to everyone for your reassuring words about the DCL service. I don't think I'll read any more of the other posts! I know our cruise will be awesome! :jumping1:

I'm having trouble finding sea bands in Ontario. :confused: Any of the other Canadians have any ideas where to find them? I've checked Walmart, Shoppers, PharmaPlus, Loblaws. I don't think we'll need them...no one got sick when we went whale watching in New Brunswick and that was a small sailboat on very choppy waters. But, I'd like to be prepared as we've never cruised before.

Michelle
The ship has staplizers that keep it from getting to tippy. This is our second Disney Cruise the first one I thought for sure I would need help with it. So I took a diamee *sp upon boarding. It just made me really tired.
I think you will be fine less we have a huge storm.
Oh beware when you board there are so many people there to great you. Some will try to pass you a drink -- fyi it is not a welcome free drink -- it is a very strong expensive drink that will be billed to your room. Tasty though

Getting really excited!!! I never heard of the passporter??
Still need to do the online chk in and book transport. Flying in on the 9th so our trip is almost here.....Staying at the Grand Floridian till leaving for the cruise. Still have not planned which park going to . Thinking about Epcot for sure yet not sure which to do the second day. Was going to go to Discovery Cove but in the end thought it was too expensive. thinking the kids would like more when older.

Still need to do the online chk in and book transport. Flying in on the 9th so our trip is almost here.....Staying at the Grand Floridian till leaving for the cruise. Still have not planned which park going to . Thinking about Epcot for sure yet not sure which to do the second day. Was going to go to Discovery Cove but in the end thought it was too expensive. thinking the kids would like more when older.

The Passporter is an AWESOME book...you can usually find them at bookstores or go to their website...it's just the name passporter . com...

We still don't have any cruise docs/package! :snooty: We are just actually filling in the online check-in tonight. Would that be why we have not got them yet?

What is in the package? Thanks!

Can't wait!:cheer2:
The docs that we get in the mail are just a formality. They have your luggage tags and gives some info about preparing for the cruise. If you call DCL you can ask when yours was sent, and if it has been more than 10 days, ask them to send you another.

The "Passporter's Guide to Disney Cruise Line" is a comprehensive travel guide about sailing with Disney. I read it cover to cover multiple times for our first cruise and I was more than prepared for the trip! I didn't know about the DISboards then, so I didn't get info from here. I have the newest edition and am still using it for reference. I highly recommend it for first timers!
www.passporter.com is the website and you can order it from there.

3 weeks from today everyone!!! In fact, 3 weeks from this moment, we will doing the SAILAWAY PARTY!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Got my FE gifts together today...check that off the list...Wow...3 weeks...hoping it goes fast because February has seemed to DRAG by....

Less than 3 weeks to go now. :banana::banana::banana:

Spent this afternoon finalizing my packing list, washing and ironing summer clothes for the cruise. Just got a new washer and dryer on Friday so I thought I'd give it a workout! :laundy: :cool1:

We're supposed to get a blast of winter tonight - good thing tomorrow is a holiday for us! It just makes me more excited for the cruise. :dance3:

Michelle

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? :rolleyes1 Waiting sucks. My friend is coming over tomorrow and we're going to laminate the pictures for our doors. We're also "naming" our cabins. Ours will be "Christmas Cove" after our last name. :santa:

Here's a question for veteran cruisers - I know we are traveling during March break - which is why we booked the trip - but how many kids do you think will be on board or is that just too hard to estimate? :goodvibes

How about now? Is it time now? *taps foot.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? :rolleyes1 Waiting sucks. My friend is coming over tomorrow and we're going to laminate the pictures for our doors. We're also "naming" our cabins. Ours will be "Christmas Cove" after our last name. :santa:

Here's a question for veteran cruisers - I know we are traveling during March break - which is why we booked the trip - but how many kids do you think will be on board or is that just too hard to estimate? :goodvibes

How about now? Is it time now? *taps foot.

We have cruised during Spring break the last few years so the answer is.....TONS

Rob

Spend the last couple days working on getting my mother a new clothes for the trip. We are almost set ... Packing for Four of us. My mother, myself, and two dtrs. Will most likely over pack... I am panciing a bit and exhausing myself. My mother is getting up there and age so it can be like traveling with an additional one to care for. Told her today when she was having trouble keeping up shopping we would need to rent a adult stroller for the park. My youngest could sit on her lap and I could push them. Would be faster than waiting for them both.
Cant wait -=-- will be so much fun!!
Motivated my str to start her packing --

Traveling with mother, my two girls 9 & 11, str, and her son.

Holy cow! Just spent the afternoon making the magnets for the doors. We are traveling with my friend, her husband, 2 kids and her dad so 3 doors to decorate. :tongue:

After a mother/daughter get-a-way in Destin this past weekend (wonderful sunshine!), now bring on the CRUISE! We are so ready for a family trip! Just not looking forward to the drive to the port from Alabama! But, we've done it so many times, I think I could do it "blindfolded". :rotfl2:

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Don't know if this has been asked yet...is anyone planning to rebook while on-board? We always do (for the 10% discount, of course:)) We're going to rebook for the July 21st 2012 Fantasy! It's a western itinerary. Goes to Grand Cayman, Costa Maya Cozumel and CC!:cool1:

I'm always look forward, too, to the NEXT Disney cruise, as it relieves some of the sadness:sad2:of the current cruise ending.

It'll be great to sail with anyone here again!:banana:

Priscilla

Don't know if this has been asked yet...is anyone planning to rebook while on-board? We always do (for the 10% discount, of course:)) We're going to rebook for the July 21st 2012 Fantasy! It's a western itinerary. Goes to Grand Cayman, Costa Maya Cozumel and CC!:cool1:

I'm always look forward, too, to the NEXT Disney cruise, as it relieves some of the sadness:sad2:of the current cruise ending.

It'll be great to sail with anyone here again!:banana:

Priscilla

We will be rebooking on board, also (and naming our TA for double the OBC's!). We are doing the June 10, 2012 Dream 5-night double dip (with our first trip to WDW tagged on!!!) and either the 2012 Thanksgiving cruise on the Fantasy Eastern (going to San Juan instead of St. Martin) or the December 22, 2012 Fantasy Christmas Western itinerary (we should have that nailed down in the next few days!) Unless the Dream comes out with a goot Christmas/New Year's itinerary for 2012...
And you are right, Priscilla! We rebooked onboard for this cruise on our last night, and it absolutely helped me feel better about disembarking-knowing that I would sail again soon!

And now look at us! Just 18 days away!!! WAHOOO!!!:cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter