March 12, 2011 Eastern Caribbean, Let's rock the Magic!

OK, until we arrive in Orlando...46 until we sail away!!!!

Is anyone finished with their FE's yet? I have finally officially started mine, and they are taking about an hour each so far...I am pretty confident I will find my groove soon! HA!

How are the other GTY room assignments going? We should all be hearing pretty soon, right? (Congrats Michelle064 on getting your room!:banana:)

And about having kids close together...you parents are amazing to have kids so close in age (Irish twins!) We struggled for years to conceive our first child, and when he was a few months old, I decided that he was "perfect" and we could just "stop" there. Right at his first birthday, I found out that God had different plans, and a few months later, our little girl was born. 19 months was SO close (that's what other people did, not me...I'm a "planner"! HA!:rotfl2:) Anyway, my kids are close, and best friends, and totally siblings in every way. They will fight and hug and conspire all in the same moment.
Parenting is amazing, no matter the age difference!
I can't wait to meet each of you and your precious children!

Having fun counting down!
Teri

I would like a pre-pirate night delivery date also! I'll PM Stinasmom my room number!

DD8 is also having a birthday on the cruise. She'll be turning 9 (going on 30, she acts so mature sometimes). March 18! I think someone else also has a birthday that day too. I hope they have those great buttons stating "It's my birthday!".

March 18 is my birthday also...planning on enjoying it at Castaway Cay!

I like the meet at Promenade Lounge at 3pm -- this provides a very spacious and uncrowded area for us to meet.

Getting so excited ---:cheer2::woohoo::yay::dance3:

March 18 is my birthday also...planning on enjoying it at Castaway Cay!

I like the meet at Promenade Lounge at 3pm -- this provides a very spacious and uncrowded area for us to meet.

Getting so excited ---:cheer2::woohoo::yay::dance3:

Me Too!:cheer2:

My birthday is March 18th! Castaway Cay here we come!

Marcy

Hello,

Can't wait till March!

We are going to the beach bash on St.Martin,
but I tried to book the Magen Bay Beach tour on St Thomas without success.
My DD is 3 so we can't go to St Johns and Trunk Bay on the disney excursion as a family :confused:

Any other suggestions for St Thomas? I would rather see St John as we are nature nuts but want some beach time and a relaxed day.
I am wondering if the shopping on St Thomas is worth it with a 3 yr old in tow?
Is shopping all commercial and diamonds everywhere or are there authentic local businesses to explore?

You can still go to Magen Bay -- they have taxis waiting outside the dock. It is cheaper to do it this way also. You just take taxi there and back. Much better then you can come and go as pls.
You do not have to bring your 3 year old shopping. Leave her on the boat with the club. We took this same cruise in 2006 my dtrs at the time refused to get off the boat when we got to St Martin. They stayed in the club and my sp and I enjoyed our adult Island time.
Is Coki beach easy to access from the ship?

Me Too!:cheer2:

My birthday is March 18th! Castaway Cay here we come!

Marcy

Marcy -- We will need to meet up for a birthday drink!!

Getting so excited for the Trip!!

We are getting to FL on March 9th. Since it is a special trip I booked Grand Floridian club level. Hoping to visit one of the parks Thursday and then Discovery Cove on Friday before the cruise. My mom thinks it will be Too cold??? What do you think?? We live in AZ so to us it will be yet they give you wet suits dont they..

So excited!!

Has anyone ever traveled on the disney cruise with special needs child/young adult. Will have a 18 yr old boy in our group. Can anyone tell me stuff they can do?? Dont think would want to send him to the stack without someone to be there. Anyone know??

45 days!!!

I'm getting so excited!!

My girls are 12 years apart. We kept joking that we were going to wait until the oldest could babysit before we had another. I guess the joke was on us!

Marcy -- We will need to meet up for a birthday drink!!

Getting so excited for the Trip!!

We are getting to FL on March 9th. Since it is a special trip I booked Grand Floridian club level. Hoping to visit one of the parks Thursday and then Discovery Cove on Friday before the cruise. My mom thinks it will be Too cold??? What do you think?? We live in AZ so to us it will be yet they give you wet suits dont they..

So excited!!

Has anyone ever traveled on the disney cruise with special needs child/young adult. Will have a 18 yr old boy in our group. Can anyone tell me stuff they can do?? Dont think would want to send him to the stack without someone to be there. Anyone know??

Birthday Drink, ABSOLUTELY!:thumbsup2

I can help with the Discovery Cove questions - We went there 2 years ago in December. It was only about 65 degrees and STORMY! The sun came out a bit in the later afternoon. However, we LOVED every minute!!! Don't let the weather slow you down! In fact, due to the weather (there was even a tornado watch that day :rolleyes:), only about 300 of the 1000 people showed up.

I don't think that will happen in March, however. It should be in the 70s. (Ok, I do remember a trip to Orlando in March years ago when it was cold, but, let's be postive here:goodvibes). You will want the wet suits because the salt water areas with live things in them are cold. The swimming area and lazy river are heated and fresh water. Here is DD in the rain (shoot, you're already wet, who cares about rain?!):

M121108_00_9792.jpg

So, go to Discovery Cove! Enjoy, it's a real treat. We are going after the cruise on March 21st.

And, WOW! Enjoy club level Grand Floridian!! :cloud9:

Marcy

Hello,

Can't wait till March!

We are going to the beach bash on St.Martin,
but I tried to book the Magen Bay Beach tour on St Thomas without success.
My DD is 3 so we can't go to St Johns and Trunk Bay on the disney excursion as a family :confused:

Any other suggestions for St Thomas? I would rather see St John as we are nature nuts but want some beach time and a relaxed day.
I am wondering if the shopping on St Thomas is worth it with a 3 yr old in tow?
Is shopping all commercial and diamonds everywhere or are there authentic local businesses to explore?

You can still go to Magen Bay -- they have taxis waiting outside the dock. It is cheaper to do it this way also. You just take taxi there and back. Much better then you can come and go as pls.
You do not have to bring your 3 year old shopping. Leave her on the boat with the club. We took this same cruise in 2006 my dtrs at the time refused to get off the boat when we got to St Martin. They stayed in the club and my sp and I enjoyed our adult Island time.
Is Coki beach easy to access from the ship?

We also wanted to go to Magens Bay, but couldn't get a reservation. With 6 other ships in port that day, will taxis still readily available? Also, do the taxis fit 5 adults or will we need to get two?

Thank you for the note about Discovery cove. I figured would be better to go before the cruise per way more crouded later in the month.

Regarding Magen bay -- the taxies are open aired jeeps and will not leave untill they are full up. At least that was what was there when we went in 2007. So you will be fine with 5 adults.

:wizard:

Excited for my dtr to meet all the other 10, 11, 12 girls that are going. She is extremely shy so I hoping there will be an outgoing girls to push her.

I know we will all have fun

Marcy -- thank you for posting the picture.

Taking my mom who does not swim. Planning on not getting her the swim with Dolphins ticket. I pretty sure she can be with us just in a chair near by.

We also have Thursday to visit a park. Not sure which should go to. DW or Epcot. we have been to disneyland a couple times so I thought Epcot would be a good one. Staying on site so we do not have to rent a car.

Marcy -- thank you for posting the picture.

Taking my mom who does not swim. Planning on not getting her the swim with Dolphins ticket. I pretty sure she can be with us just in a chair near by.

We also have Thursday to visit a park. Not sure which should go to. DW or Epcot. we have been to disneyland a couple times so I thought Epcot would be a good one. Staying on site so we do not have to rent a car.

Is this your first time to WDW?

Epcot is a good choice for a one day visit. It has great attractions including thrill rides, great restaurant with a very wide variety of choices (although reservations or ADR's are recommended for many of them for lunch or dinner), and great sights to just walk around and see. The evening show, Illuminations is highly touted... most people love it. It's a great full day of Disney for every age range.

Discovery Cove isn't sold out for March 11th yet, but they do limit the number of guests to 1000 per day, max. Don't wait till the last minute for that. It is an all inclusive experience including food and beverages. There is a price for non-dolphin swimmers, but it is still like $139 or something. Just preparing you. Definitely call them and find out more.

Marcy

Thank you for the note about Discovery cove. I figured would be better to go before the cruise per way more crouded later in the month.

Regarding Magen bay -- the taxies are open aired jeeps and will not leave untill they are full up. At least that was what was there when we went in 2007. So you will be fine with 5 adults.

Excited for my dtr to meet all the other 10, 11, 12 girls that are going. She is extremely shy so I hoping there will be an outgoing girls to push her.

My 10 year old DD is pretty social so I'm sure she'd love to meet your DD. Has your DD posted a message on the kids thread yet? It may help if she knows something about the other kids on the cruise before we leave. She'll probably find she has things in common with the others which always helps.

Here's the link to the kids thread - my girls have just posted their messages under my account: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2623984

Michelle

P.S. We leave home 6 weeks today and set sail in 45 more days!!! :dance3:

My daughter (10) is VERY talkative...:yay: Your daughter will be fine...Mine is just excited to get to kind of know some others before we go...:)

BTW does anyone know what CC water temp is normally in March?? We cruised in January one year and the kids got in but not me...

Hello,

We were assigned our room, 2042, and it seems like its under the rockin bar d, how worried should I be about booming noise?:confused3

I wouldn't mind too much but wonder if I will be able to get my 3 yr old to sleep? (She will probably be worn out with the days activities anyway, right?):cloud9:

Also, any suggestions regarding swimwear - how many does everyone pack?
:laundy:

Hello,

We were assigned our room, 2042, and it seems like its under the rockin bar d, how worried should I be about booming noise?:confused3

I wouldn't mind too much but wonder if I will be able to get my 3 yr old to sleep? (She will probably be worn out with the days activities anyway, right?):cloud9:

Also, any suggestions regarding swimwear - how many does everyone pack?
:laundy:

A lot of staterooms on the ship are noisy due to one reason or another. I have never found sleeping on the ship a problem. The gentle rocking of the ship and the fact that there is so much to do that by the time you go to bed you are worn out! Especially little ones, just keep them on a regular schedule that includes swimming in the Mickey pool and other activities, I can't see how you'd have any trouble, noise or not.

While on the ship, I found that I wore swimwear MOST OF THE TIME with various cover ups... Only dressing for dinner in some level of semi to formal wear. So, I would suggest a variety of swimsuits (swim or sun bathe? and cover ups - tank and shorts, sundress, or long tank/teeshirt?)

I went to some activities like Martini Tasting in swimwear since it was in the middle of the afternoon:
DCP_3643.jpg

I've been thinking about this myself and how I can pack lighter remembering how much I just wore a swimsuit everyday!:rolleyes:

Hope that helps!

Marcy

Hey Marcy,

Why is our cruise meets no longer on the site for others to find us?? Only saw march 10 and 13th.

You are so making us jealious of the Martini tasting. I would be so up for that. Never ever drink at home so would be fun for vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter