March 12, 2011 Eastern Caribbean, Let's rock the Magic!

I guess that makes sense. We checked out photos and the ship actually reads "Disney Magic" I always thought it was just Magic. But I think the song "Remember The Magic" had me thinking that way.

;)

I wanted to book the trunk bay tour, but my daughter is 3 and a half. Boo!
Will stick to coki I guess!

Coki beach is nice, you can rent a mask and fins there and go down to the far end by the rocks and you will find lots of fish and maybe an eel or two:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 They also have a food shack that has some great chicken quesadilla 's along with some good chips and hot sauce:cool1:

Rob

Hello Everyone! I will be joining you on this cruise with my two DD's, 21 and 20. I've lost count, but I think this is our 15th or 16th cruise on the Magic? Yes, we are addicted!

Any other college kids on this thread yet? I'll have to read up to see what everyone's doing. We're thinking beach days probably.

Question from my 2 DDs. :littleangel: Which characters will we see on the cruise? Obviously, we'll see Mickey and Minnie, but what others will be there?

My DD 7 loves Ariel...will we see her? princess:

DD 10 and I are both big fans of Pooh bear, but I don't expect we'll see him. :sad2:

Only 7 weeks to go! We're so excited!!!!!! :dance3::banana::cheer2:

Hello Everyone! I will be joining you on this cruise with my two DD's, 21 and 20. I've lost count, but I think this is our 15th or 16th cruise on the Magic? Yes, we are addicted!

Any other college kids on this thread yet? I'll have to read up to see what everyone's doing. We're thinking beach days probably.

Hi!
Welcome to the thread! I see you are a DIS veteran as well as the most sailed family in our group!
Obviously you know how to vacation!

There is one DD18 traveling with her mom (DisneyDarwin), rest of kids are younger. Our full list of thread participants is on page 8, post #119. I will add you.

Any advice to some of the newbies?

Hope all are having a great weekend!

Marcy

Question from my 2 DDs. :littleangel: Which characters will we see on the cruise? Obviously, we'll see Mickey and Minnie, but what others will be there?

My DD 7 loves Ariel...will we see her? princess:

DD 10 and I are both big fans of Pooh bear, but I don't expect we'll see him. :sad2:

Only 7 weeks to go! We're so excited!!!!!! :dance3::banana::cheer2:

Also Chip N Dale, Goofy, Cinderella, Belle, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Tiana.....

On our previous 2 cruises, there were alot of other characters who were in the show, that maybe you saw again, but I don't think we've seen Ariel out and about. I think now they've also added Alice and Mad Hatter.....

Oh, and don't forget Johnny Depp...I mean Jack Sparrow! :)

Ashley

I've been reading the boards for the past few months, but have never commented on anything, so I'm not really sure of what I doing! This is my second cruise, my first being a 5 night on the Wonder in May 2010 with my DD24. It was what she wanted for his graduation from college. This time we'll be bringing the rest of the family, DS25 and 2 DS22 (yes they are twins). So happy to see that there will be at least a couple of young adults there age! We are definately beach people and will be hitting the beaches both days!

Hi!
Welcome to the thread! I see you are a DIS veteran as well as the most sailed family in our group!
Obviously you know how to vacation!

There is one DD18 traveling with her mom (DisneyDarwin), rest of kids are younger. Our full list of thread participants is on page 8, post #119. I will add you.

Any advice to some of the newbies?

Hope all are having a great weekend!

Marcy

Thanks, Marcy! Yes, we do like to cruise a little bit! :rolleyes1 I've tried to break away, but we all love it! We even did our Europe trip last summer on Disney!

Advice...well, don't pack as much as you think you need....I'm still working on this one, but I'm better every cruise!

If anyone has any questions, ask away and I'll do my best. We've been going on the Magic since my youngest was 9, so I've been thru just about every phase of travel.

It was 4 degrees with wind chill this morning...I need some sun!!

I've been reading the boards for the past few months, but have never commented on anything, so I'm not really sure of what I doing! This is my second cruise, my first being a 5 night on the Wonder in May 2010 with my DD24. It was what she wanted for his graduation from college. This time we'll be bringing the rest of the family, DS25 and 2 DS22 (yes they are twins). So happy to see that there will be at least a couple of young adults there age! We are definately beach people and will be hitting the beaches both days!

Mine are Irish twins...11 months apart! :) This is spring break for them. They go to the college meet the first night, and usually make a few friends there. Or are your twins past college?

My girls will be happy to hear about this...it gets a little harder to find friends on board once they are past 18! :thumbsup2

Mine are Irish twins...11 months apart! :) This is spring break for them. They go to the college meet the first night, and usually make a few friends there. Or are your twins past college?

My girls will be happy to hear about this...it gets a little harder to find friends on board once they are past 18! :thumbsup2

Hi guys!

I have you beat.. I have Irish twins...10 months apart......

I was in the Gulf War..one was born about 1 month before i came back..And...you know what happened soon after i came home....

:rotfl::rotfl:

Hi guys!

I have you beat.. I have Irish twins...10 months apart......

I was in the Gulf War..one was born about 1 month before i came back..And...you know what happened soon after i came home....

:rotfl::rotfl:

Yup, you got me beat! LOL My girls are best friends, and I think it's been nice for them to be so close in age. My oldest two boys were 19 months apart, and it was just a little too far to be best buddies.

Hi everyone! :dance3:

This is a question about kids club.
:cheer2:
I have been watching videos about kids club and from what I've heard this "Flubbber" sounds and looks pretty fun. Can anyone who has been to this Oceaneer lab please tell me what it is? :confused3

Thanks,
Laura.:wizard:popcorn:::hippie:

Hi everyone! :dance3:

This is a question about kids club.
:cheer2:
I have been watching videos about kids club and from what I've heard this "Flubbber" sounds and looks pretty fun. Can anyone who has been to this Oceaneer lab please tell me what it is? :confused3

Thanks,
Laura.:wizard:popcorn:::hippie:

Flubber is great stuff:cool1::cool1:
Flubber is similar to slime in many ways, sort of just a variation on the recipe. The slight change in the amounts of water, borax and glue makes a big difference in the final product. Try for yourself and check this stuff out.

What you need:

* Warm water
* 3 tsp. Borax (non-toxic/available by laundry detergents)
* 2 cups of white glue
* Food coloring

What to do:

1. In a large container, (such as a pail), combine 1.5 cups warm water, 2 cups white glue and food coloring.
2. In a second, smaller container, combine 11/3 cups warm water with 3 tsp. Borax.
3. Mix ingredients in each container thoroughly.
4. Pour contents of small container into the large container.
5. Gently lift and turn the mixture until approximately a tablespoon of liquid is left. Flubber will be sticky at first. Let excess liquid drip off. Flubber will then be ready!

Stretch it…Bounce it…Roll it!

Rob

Yup, you got me beat! LOL My girls are best friends, and I think it's been nice for them to be so close in age. My oldest two boys were 19 months apart, and it was just a little too far to be best buddies.

My four kids, now young adults ranging in age from 22 to 25 are less than three years apart. Four in diapers at one time and not much sleep for a few years, but they are each others best friends and I wouldn't change it for anything.

My four kids, now young adults ranging in age from 22 to 25 are less than three years apart. Four in diapers at one time and not much sleep for a few years, but they are each others best friends and I wouldn't change it for anything.

Mine were 17 years apart from oldest to youngest...it was tough doing older kid stuff at the same time as baby stuff. Still...wouldn't change a thing...greatest time of my life was raising my kids!

Of course, grandparenting is pretty darn cool, too! :lovestruc

It is great to see how it always works out. There are positives to every different combination. :thumbsup2

Mine are close to 3 years apart and there are times when they are very close and others when they are not, but I think in the end, they will be close to eachother as adults too.

:goodvibes

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I'm so excited! We just got our GTY stateroom assignment. We're in 6056. We booked a 6A and got a 6A...no upgrade but I'm still happy! This makes it seem so real!!

The room is right next to the stairwell. Not sure if I should be concerned about noise but my family tends to sleep through everything so it likely won't bother them!

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter