March 12, 2011 Eastern Caribbean, Let's rock the Magic!

I am having such a hard time deciding what to do in shore!

I don't want to do all beaches but having been on this cruise before, I am not sure if we want to do much shopping either since we also did that last time. :confused3

I looked at zip line tours on the internet but they don't have the safety equipment I would want to see - helmets! So I think we will pass this time.

Well at least I still have a bit of time to decide.

Two Questions:

1. It looks like in the totals count you are missing DD9 of Ruth. Am I looking at that wrong?

2. Some list the kid's names, some just age. If I have something for girls based on their age, how do I know which pocket to put it in if I don't know the name? Do I just assume the names are in age order on the FE, so the youngest is on the bottom? Never done this before so not sure if I am over-thinking it.

Thanks!

Yep, you're right, but if that is all I missed, whew, not bad!

And I agree that it would be easier if all the kids had names as well as ages, but I am leaving that up to the individual famillies as to how much detail they want to post on the internet. I think that you can guess if not sure when putting stuff in pockets and the families can redistribute if it is obvious that an item was meant for the older or younger child.

We booked Captain Nautica's sail/snorkel for St. Thomas/St. John. (7:30am departure). Anyone else?

Marcy

hello,
March 12 cant get here soon enough! We are expecting more snow this evening. Bummer about FE but luckily kids know nothing about it :)

St marten- we are doing shuttle to the beach

St Thomas st john sail and snorkel

Castaway cay- snorkeling and stingray adventure, bicycles.

I didn't see the paddle boats, is this something you do when you get there? I cant wait to relax.
I ,too hope the weather cooperates, we are in need of some beach time and vitamin D

I'm with you on the weather front! It's freezing!!! The only good thing is the sun is shining!

You don't need to book the paddle boats ahead of time. Here's a link to the info on the website:
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/shore-excursions/castaway-cay/boat-rentals/

Michelle

Hello,

Can't wait till March!

We are going to the beach bash on St.Martin,
but I tried to book the Magen Bay Beach tour on St Thomas without success.
My DD is 3 so we can't go to St Johns and Trunk Bay on the disney excursion as a family :confused:

Any other suggestions for St Thomas? I would rather see St John as we are nature nuts but want some beach time and a relaxed day.
I am wondering if the shopping on St Thomas is worth it with a 3 yr old in tow?
Is shopping all commercial and diamonds everywhere or are there authentic local businesses to explore?

Is Coki beach easy to access from the ship?

Thanks in advance!

Victoria

Hello,

Can't wait till March!

We are going to the beach bash on St.Martin,
but I tried to book the Magen Bay Beach tour on St Thomas without success.
My DD is 3 so we can't go to St Johns and Trunk Bay on the disney excursion as a family :confused:

Any other suggestions for St Thomas? I would rather see St John as we are nature nuts but want some beach time and a relaxed day.
Is shopping all commercial and diamonds everywhere or are there authentic local businesses to explore?

Thanks in advance!

Victoria

Getting a cab to Megans bay or Coki beach is easy,cheap and simple. Just get off the tender and head to the taxi stand and off you go about $12-15 each way:thumbsup2 let your driver know what time you want to be picked up and he will likely be there 10 min ahead of time. We have done this many times and will be heading off to saffire beach this time.

Rob

Hello,

Victoria

Hi, Victoria:

We went to Charlotte Amalie one year to shop with a 3 year old in tow and I think I'd rather clean port-a-potties the rest of my life than do that again. It's pretty commercial.

There will be plenty of taxis available once you get off the ship and getting a ride to Coki beach (or pretty much any St. Thomas beach) will be easy.

-Sandy

Hi!

I PM'ed everyone their scheduled day for delivery. If you really don't like your day, I left day one (Saturday, March 12th) open. You could deliver that evening sometime. Or frankly, you can deliver whenever, the schedule is just meant to spread it out a bit.

Some participants are adding detail to their family info like first names and ages, but only over PM. This is totally fine, and I will share the info over PM with the stateroom numbers when I get the rest (except those still GTY).

So feel free to offer up more info that could be helpful by PMing me. There are 7 stateroom numbers I still need.

Hopefully everyone noticed that I missed a 9 year old girl with "dfamily's" family. I have updated the list.

Stay warm all! The Caribbean is just weeks away!

Marcy

Hi!

I PM'ed everyone their scheduled day for delivery. If you really don't like your day, I left day one (Saturday, March 12th) open. You could deliver that evening sometime. Or frankly, you can deliver whenever, the schedule is just meant to spread it out a bit.

Some participants are adding detail to their family info like first names and ages, but only over PM. This is totally fine, and I will share the info over PM with the stateroom numbers when I get the rest (except those still GTY).

So feel free to offer up more info that could be helpful by PMing me. There are 7 stateroom numbers I still need.

Hopefully everyone noticed that I missed a 9 year old girl with "dfamily's" family. I have updated the list.

Stay warm all! The Caribbean is just weeks away!

Marcy

Thanks Marcy for organizing all this!!!

thanks,

taxis are reliable? I do worry a little that we might not get back for all aboard if cabs are scarce at the beach for pick up.

Is going to St John worth it since there is an additional ferry ride that eats up time?
Shopping better in St John?

V

thanks,

taxis are reliable? I do worry a little that we might not get back for all aboard if cabs are scarce at the beach for pick up.

Is going to St John worth it since there is an additional ferry ride that eats up time?
Shopping better in St John?

V

Hi -

The taxis are quite reliable.

Whether St. John is worth it or not is a tough call - it indeed cuts into your time but many people think the beaches there are worth it.

The shopping is definitely better in St. Thomas (far more shops) though there are plenty of shops near the ferry dock at St. John.

-Sandy

hello!

Marcy, I tried to PM you but I need 10 posts. :eek: So, I apologize in advance for my quick, 6 posts. ;)

regarding excursions, we haven't booked any yet! DS is 4 and can't do the majority of the excursions we are interested in......SNORKELING! So we may just beach it on our own.

Rob, I believe Ashley answered your questions about the ages of my kids, but they are DD7 and DS4. We also have a 17 month old DD we are leaving at home. We'll miss her, but she doesn't get it yet and a stateroom for a family of 5 is quite costly.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed as I have just a few FE gifts so far! is everyone else checking an entire bag of just gifts??

finally, my 10th post. :banana:

Things are finally settling down since the holidays. I started a new job and Dh and I were in Cancun over this past weekend. (Don't get too jealous, I caught my DD's stomach bug and was :sick: 2.5 of the 4 days we were there. ) So I'm even more excited about our upcoming trip and will start posting more often! :cheer2:

Marcy - let me know if you don't get my pm.

Okay - maybe this is a dumb question but....

It is okay to say Disney's Magic or does it have to be Disney Magic when you talk about the boat?

Is it wrong to call it Disney's Magic? I need your opinions to help settle the issue. :confused3

It is okay to say Disney's Magic or does it have to be Disney Magic when you talk about the boat?

Is it wrong to call it Disney's Magic? I need your opinions to help settle the issue. :confused3

I wouldn't say it's "wrong", but I haven't ever seen or heard it that way and it does sound a little off. Kind of like Disney's World instead of Disney World.

HTH!

regarding excursions, we haven't booked any yet! DS is 4 and can't do the majority of the excursions we are interested in......SNORKELING! So we may just beach it on our own.

We ended up booking the Butterfly Tour in St. Maarten. Since it's over around noon, we'll probably hit the beach afterwards.

In St. Thomas, the guys are Scuba diving. The girls and kids are probably going to book a ride to Coral World/Coki Beach for the day.

I don't get why the minimum age for some of the beach excursions is 5. :confused3 My 4.5 y/o may not use the snorkel equipment, but he can swim and do the beach. Since I'm not able to book the excursion for him, I assume DCL is strict on the minimum age??

I think it's a matter of context. If someone asks what ship I'm sailing on I'd probably say THE Disney Magic. If I were comparing Disney's ships to each other, especially if talking to someone not all that familiar with them, I may specify "Disney's Magic" as the original ship or whatever.

But 99% of the time I say The Disney Magic. For what it's worth!:goodvibes

I still need stateroom numbers for:
DisneyDarwin
terimac
venegasfam4 minnieme1
goofygirl27

PM me if you have a number assigned, if still GTY, no biggie.:)

Have a great day everyone!

Marcy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter