March 12, 2011 Eastern Caribbean, Let's rock the Magic!

I have to say that I am getting so excited about our cruise! We're less than 2 months away!

I've got a good start on my FE gifts!

Has the fish extenders list been finalized?

I need to stop buying/making stuff and start assembling gift bags soon. :thumbsup2

Stinasmom has to send the stateroom numbers out , and she cannot do that until she has all the info. Anyone who has not PM'ed her your stateroom number, please do so soon!

Has the fish extenders list been finalized?

I need to stop buying/making stuff and start assembling gift bags soon. :thumbsup2

Stinasmom has to send the stateroom numbers out , and she cannot do that until she has all the info. Anyone who has not PM'ed her your stateroom number, please do so soon!

Yes, FE extender list is complete and final:

ADULTS/ KIDS

Marcy & Vijay (Stinasmom) Christina 14, Dominic 10 [Marcy's B-day 3/18]
Cheryl 35, Rick 36 - [10th anniversary aboard] (Cheryllyn74)
(candizfan) Mom + DH DD15, DD12
Jenny + DH 40s (jennyh2829) Kaitlin 11 [Kaitlin's 11th B-day on cruise]
Ruth + DH40 (dfamily) DS12, DD9, DS6, DD2
Brenda + DH 30s (needAcruise) DD8, DD10, Dniece 14 [DD8 will be 9 on cruise]
Ashley & Kevin (Ashansen) Emma 10, Lily 8
Pricilla & Rob (mickeyhugger) Rachel 16, Kristin 16
Mom 50 (of DD18)((DisneyDarwin) DD18
Teri & Mason 30s (terimac) Brynlea 5, Ryan 6
Julie + DH 30s (Jules30) DD7, DS4
Mark & Joy AND SHADOW (service dog) (Paragd911) Marissa 14[14th bday on cruise]
Sally & Laz(venegasfam4) Abby 4, Cosmy 6
Tiffany (minnieme1) Morgan 6
Jenn & Jane (goofygirl27)
Amy & Chris (amysuch) Savannah 14, Macy 2
Connie & Bernie (amysuch)

TOTALS
Girl gifts for 2@2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 2x8, 2x10, 11, 12, 4x14, 15, 2x16, 18

Boy gifts for 4, 3x6, 10, 12

Female adults 18

Male adults 14

Service dog - toys only, no food or treats

These are totals, you will likely subtract your own family unless you want to gift yourselves!

If you have a stateroom number PM me, if you are still GTY, just send when you can. We can even add your room # at our meet at 3:00pm, Promenade Lounge. I will get the delivery schedule together anyway.

I am almost done with my FE gifts too, only two more... :thumbsup2

Marcy

Lots of kids in this age group just on this thread! We have a DD8 and DD10 and the friends coming with us have a DD7 too! (and an adorable, I mean handsome DS4!).

Have your daugthers go to our kids thread....My girls have posted a couple times and keep asking me if there's any new messages! I think the "older" girls (10, 11, 12) are making plans for movies, ice cream and "Mickey" hunts on Castaway Cay! Here's the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2623984

Should be a fun trip! Worked on my FE's this weekend....now, I just need to see if I can pack it all (my sister took one look at my projects and said I was nuts!).

Ashley

Thanks Ashley!

My DD Laura (10) and DD Colleen (7) have posted messages on the kids thread. They're really excited to hear from some fellow cruisers. :yay:

Michelle welcome aboard we are in Hamilton and our inlaws live in the Glen and my brotherinlaw lives in Paris (FARMFAM) who we are travelling with. See you on board

Thanks for the tip about the flights. I'll check it out.

I can't believe there will be someone from the Glen on board. It's such a small village. My DH Bruce grew up there and his whole family (except for us) still lives there.

Only 58 days to go! :cloud9:

I have a question for all you DCL veterans.

What do people usually wear for Pirate night? I'll admit I have no ideas - maybe it's because we have 2 little princesses and no pirates at our house!

:confused:

I have a question for all you DCL veterans.

What do people usually wear for Pirate night? I'll admit I have no ideas - maybe it's because we have 2 little princesses and no pirates at our house!

:confused:

On the two other cruises, my two princesses have either worn "pirate" bandanas or a pirate costume (had them from hallloween). They were fine in just the bandana or the costume (we left all the props at home). This year, I bought some shirts for the girls from Justice that were sold around halloween time (hot pink with black "skulls").

For the adults, I've just bought t-shirts for the last cruise (they have cute ones on board too!). The first cruise, we didn't do any pirate clothing. I would be find doing either.

You'll see folks decked out and others with just regular clothes.

Ashley

Yes, FE extender list is complete and final:

ADULTS/ KIDS

Marcy & Vijay (Stinasmom) Christina 14, Dominic 10 [Marcy's B-day 3/18]
Cheryl 35, Rick 36 - [10th anniversary aboard] (Cheryllyn74)
(candizfan) Mom + DH DD15, DD12
Jenny + DH 40s (jennyh2829) Kaitlin 11 [Kaitlin's 11th B-day on cruise]
Ruth + DH40 (dfamily) DS12, DD9, DS6, DD2
Brenda + DH 30s (needAcruise) DD8, DD10, Dniece 14 [DD8 will be 9 on cruise]
Ashley & Kevin (Ashansen) Emma 10, Lily 8
Pricilla & Rob (mickeyhugger) Rachel 16, Kristin 16
Mom 50 (of DD18)((DisneyDarwin) DD18
Teri & Mason 30s (terimac) Brynlea 5, Ryan 6
Julie + DH 30s (Jules30) DD7, DS4
Mark & Joy AND SHADOW (service dog) (Paragd911) Marissa 14
Sally & Laz(venegasfam4) Abby 4, Cosmy 6
Tiffany (minnieme1) Morgan 6
Jenn & Jane (goofygirl27)
Amy & Chris (amysuch) Savannah 14, Macy 2
Connie & Bernie (amysuch)

TOTALS
Girl gifts for 2@2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 2x8, 2x10, 11, 12, 4x14, 15, 2x16, 18

Boy gifts for 4, 3x6, 10, 12

Female adults 18

Male adults 14

Service dog - toys only, no food or treats

These are totals, you will likely subtract your own family unless you want to gift yourselves!

If you have a stateroom number PM me, if you are still GTY, just send when you can. We can even add your room # at our meet at 3:00pm, Promenade Lounge. I will get the delivery schedule together anyway.

I am almost done with my FE gifts too, only two more... :thumbsup2

Marcy

Marissa is turning 14 on the cruise

Hello my name is Kelley, we will joining you all for the March 12 sailing,DH Sean,DS Jack(8), DD Caroline(7), DD Kate(5) and DS Grant(2) along with my mom Carol and dad David. We are all so very excited as this is our FIRST cruise as a family

Is is too late to join FE??

Looking forward to this magical time!:cool1:

party: Welcome Kelley and family! Join the party!

We are all sooo looking forward to this cruise, so many of us live in snowy climates and need some rays of vitamin D!!:sunny:

With this being your first family cruise, be sure to ask any questions you may have.

Unfortunately, we did finalize the FE exchange list. Sorry! But be sure to meet us at 3:00pm on embarkation day at the Promenade lounge to get acquainted!

Also, keep up with or post here anytime!

Marcy

Hello,
I'm Victoria, from Victoria BC
I had no idea that going on a cruise would entail so much preparation!

However, I am so excited to finally be going on a cruise with my husband (Gabe) and daughter (Sylvie, age 3), and Disney to boot!

We are also celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary March 15th! Wahoo!

Looking forward to traveling from the west (wet) coast to the Caribbean.

Hello,
I'm Victoria, from Victoria BC
I had no idea that going on a cruise would entail so much preparation!

However, I am so excited to finally be going on a cruise with my husband (Gabe) and daughter (Sylvie, age 3), and Disney to boot!

We are also celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary March 15th! Wahoo!

Looking forward to traveling from the west (wet) coast to the Caribbean.

HEY Hey hey!!! Someone else from the west coast! :yay:

Hi Victoria,

We LOVE Victoria, BC! Been there many times! (cute they named it after you!:upsidedow)

:welcome: To the DIS! And yes, a Disney cruise is best when you are prepared. Kind of like WDW... Knowing what to bring, NOT bring and what to expect will really help you relax and enjoy every (expensive :rolleyes:) minute!

Post up questions anytime either here or on the main DCL thread. Those of us who just keep coming back love to offer our experiences and advice.
Talking about and preparing for the cruise makes me begin to enjoy it months ago, not just when I step foot on the actual ship.

I will add you to the main list (as I have the other recent new posters).
That list is on page 8, post #119.

Stay dry and warm until we all head south in March!!

Marcy

Okay, just booked the Sheraton Suites at the airport for $106 for a king suite w/ private bedroom and a sleeper sofa!! Last time we stayed there for $149...It has the complimentary shuttle from the airport so we'll just hop that and go back in the morning and catch the cruise bus to the port.

I think I'm all set now except need to do my fish extender gifts. and pack, of course, but I think I've got all my ressies done. Yea!!

8 weeks from today we will be sailing away:cool1::cool1: We are looking forward to lunch at top siders the first day, I will be the guy with the plate full of shrimp stuffing down every last one:rotfl2::rotfl2:

The girls are all ready making plans for the club and the night life

Rob

OK so lets hear what every one is doing on the islands. For us its....

St Maarten - snorkel and boat tour

St Thomas - heading to Coki beach in the AM, shopping in the afternoon

Castaway Cay- para sailing

Ship - Palo diner and brunch, couples massage:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

WE are doing....

St. Maarten - Island under 2 flags tour

and everything else on the ship....massage, palo brunch.

We're doing:

St. Maarten - Under 2 Flags island tour
St. Thomas/John - Coral World Ocean Park and Scenic Drive
Castaway Cay - Paddle Boats, Float Tubes, maybe snorkeling and of course, beach time!! Hope the weather cooperates.

Speaking of weather, we had a big snowfall here yesterday and it's soooooo cold! :eek: March 12 can't come soon enough for me.

Still waiting for our stateroom assignment. Hope we get it soon.

Two Questions:

1. It looks like in the totals count you are missing DD9 of Ruth. Am I looking at that wrong?

2. Some list the kid's names, some just age. If I have something for girls based on their age, how do I know which pocket to put it in if I don't know the name? Do I just assume the names are in age order on the FE, so the youngest is on the bottom? Never done this before so not sure if I am over-thinking it.

Thanks!

hello,
March 12 cant get here soon enough! We are expecting more snow this evening. Bummer about FE but luckily kids know nothing about it :)

St marten- we are doing shuttle to the beach

St Thomas st john sail and snorkel

Castaway cay- snorkeling and stingray adventure, bicycles.

I didn't see the paddle boats, is this something you do when you get there? I cant wait to relax.
I ,too hope the weather cooperates, we are in need of some beach time and vitamin D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter