Marathon Weekend 2024

Let the registration dreams begin!

In this version, registration opened at 7am, and I had gotten distracted and didn’t click in until 7:05 and was absolutely crushed. 😂

Oh no! I tend to the get the morning of dreams more (or do we call them nightmares lol) - in the most recent one I showed up later than normal for the resort bus and the last one was full and they put us in individual tents while they tried to get us some more buses

Reading through the notes on registration just wanted to check something:

If you share a link either here or to yourself to open on another device can you open that link in a browser that already has a queue ID? So for example if I get a better time on my phone but I'd rather register on my laptop - if I send the link to my laptop and open it in Chrome Browser where I already have a queue ID will that work? Or does it need to be opened in a browser that never had a queue ID?

When you open a copied queue link, whether from yourself or from someone else, you can open it in whatever browser you want. It will not impact the queues you already have going. So an iPad Safari browser link sent to the laptop and opened with Chrome would work fine. If you already had a laptop Chrome queue, then that will remain the same, and the new link will have the IPad Safari information in a Chrome window. Always keep all other queues open until you have finished registration in case something goes wrong.

Just finished showing DH how to share a queue ID with me since where he’s working today he’ll have much better service on his phone than we do with our home internet.

Got him into the rD website and showed him where he could click when the queue opens.

This may have been a mistake as he now knows how much these races actually cost. 😳☠️

Let the registration dreams begin!

In this version, registration opened at 7am, and I had gotten distracted and didn’t click in until 7:05 and was absolutely crushed. 😂

I had a similar dream. My brain kept telling me to go check runDisney's website at 4:30 because there's a chance they opened everything up. I tried to tell my brain to go back to sleep.

Is there a 'best practice' for sharing links? I went back through the Wine & Dine thread and looks like shared links were causing some issues as multiple people trying to claim. I did see others just post saying I have a link and then they DM'd the link to whoever responded first asking for it. I'll be here to share if I can!

Is there a 'best practice' for sharing links? I went back through the Wine & Dine thread and looks like shared links were causing some issues as multiple people trying to claim. I did see others just post saying I have a link and then they DM'd the link to whoever responded first asking for it. I'll be here to share if I can!

Yes, DMs work better, so you don't have a bunch of lurkers jumping on the links instead of others

I shared two links for Wine and Dine. What I did was post about it, and the first two people who replied saying they wanted it, I DM'd it to them. They were both able to register using my links.

I think the first time link sharing happened was MW 2022? A lot of active users and not many lurkers. I guess times have changed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter