Marathon Weekend 2023

There’s no usual time because this is the first time they have waited until the last minute. It was realized during W&D that runner tracking could be used to find your bib number before runDisney sent out expo passes. I have no idea why bibs are such a secret these days but someone somewhere doesn’t want runners to know their numbers until as close to the race as possible

Just have to keep refreshing all day

Thanks for the link, I lost the page and I’ll be surprised if it makes it into the guide right when tracking goes live

I don’t understand the secrecy either. I knew months ahead of time what my corral was for Chicago. I also got my bib and corral weeks in advance for Space Coast. It’s a big help to the runner for planning their morning.

ETA: The on course fuel is also a closely guarded secret too. Not that I use it, but it would be nice to know 😂

I don’t understand the secrecy either. I knew months ahead of time what my corral was for Chicago. I also got my bib and corral weeks in advance for Space Coast. It’s a big help to the runner for planning their morning.
I’m not sure why these are delayed… I’d bet on “IT incompetence” or “not wanting to take phone calls from people whining about their corral” 🤣

I’m not sure why these are delayed… I’d bet on “IT incompetence” or “not wanting to take phone calls from people whining about their corral” 🤣

I am going with IT incompetence. My husband interviewed for a exec level job in IT security for Disney years and years ago. He said no way would he take a job there until they got their heads out of a certain body part 😳

Still looking for water stop volunteers.

I have a friend who had volunteered for each marathon weekend for years—she actually gave me my first dopey medal. Apparently this year has been totally incompetent in communicating with volunteers or incentivizing them to participate. You use to get one park ticket for each day you volunteered, which they stopped offering this year. I guess it turns out that not many people want to wake up at 1 am to hand out blue Powerade for 8 hours.

Hopefully this won’t affect the race in any way. What happens if they don’t have enough volunteers? :( Will we just be without water stops?
Unless things are TRULY dire I assume they would just have understaffed stations rather than cut them altogether. But I have no idea how short on volunteers they are, or if they’re normally still recruiting at this point.

I'm doing Hoop Dee Doo (from the Poly, no less) on Sunday night as well! I've not ever seen it, and I'm really looking forward to it. Best wishes on a swift recovery and a great race!!

You may have your transportation plan/timing all set but since I just did this the other day from Poly I thought I'd provide my experience from my photo timestamps in case helpful as I had been debating just when to head over there. We had the 8:30pm show, adjust as needed for other showtimes.

Left room around 7pm - could have taken resort boat launch or monorail to MK to transfer to the FW boat but opted for monorail
7:12pm - Poly monorail station
7:29pm - On boat from MK to FW
7:50pm - Arrived at FW
So had a nice 40 mins to stroll around the area, grab a drink at Crockett's Tavern, etc.

There was a long line of people waiting to check in when we arrived but Crockett's/walking around was more appealing and tables are pre-assigned anyway so there's really no reason to wait. When we got back to it 5-10 mins before show time the line was gone and we walked right up to check in - easy peasy.

Enjoy the show!

After rebooking my flight on Wednesday due to work obligations, I'm now arriving after the Expo closes. This is my first MW (Dopey) so I'm not sure what my options are. I have seen some posts indicate an emergency bib pickup option, but there is nothing official I can find. Does anyone have any guidance?

After rebooking my flight on Wednesday due to work obligations, I'm now arriving after the Expo closes. This is my first MW (Dopey) so I'm not sure what my options are. I have seen some posts indicate an emergency bib pickup option, but there is nothing official I can find. Does anyone have any guidance?

They don’t mention anything official because they don’t want to encourage everyone to pick up their bib on race day.

That said, it technically isn’t guaranteed that they’ll have bib pickup on race day, but based on the previous races, there will be a tent that you can go to.

What are people thinking about the Wednesday overnight/Thursday morning forecast? Some forecasts showing thunder storms...some showing nothing......

Really hoping the 5K doesn't get cancelled...

What are people thinking about the Wednesday overnight/Thursday morning forecast? Some forecasts showing thunder storms...some showing nothing......

I’m not worrying about it just yet. That chance of rain is basically a coin toss and unless there is lightning, they won‘t cancel. I‘m bringing a poncho in case it rains in the corrals then if it rains on course, no big deal. I love a rain run especially if it’s that warm.
ETA: and a hat. Wasn’t planning on a hat for the 5k because it will be dark the whole time, but now I need to pack one in case it’s raining

They'll do everything they can to hold the race. They've delayed starts before and the 5k has, by far, the most room for adjusting the time of any of the races. As long as it's not a sustained front with lightning for hours like the 2017 half, there shouldn't be an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter