Marathon Weekend 2023

At this point, I think I would prefer RunDisney transitions to a lottery system for future races.

Too many families that need to get registered together for that to be feasible. Could you imagine the mess if a 6 year-old got into the 5k but not one of the parents?

It’s not something that actively interests any of the regulars on their panel. It is thereby something they view as unremarkable most of the time and a nuisance otherwise.

Depends on the mood they’re in though. Sometimes it’s, whatever floats your boat, sometimes it’s more “why would anyone think this is fun and want to do this?”
Seconding @Barca33Runner . They showed some interest in 2018 due to a combo of the 25th anniversary and the fact that Ryno did the marathon that year, but I don't think it's ever really been addressed again since then.

Too many families that need to get registered together for that to be feasible. Could you imagine the mess if a 6 year-old got into the 5k but not one of the parents?

Philadelphia's Broad Street Run uses a lottery system. And you can register as a group. But they do disclaim that it's an all or nothing bit going that way. Either the entire group makes it, or the whole group doesn't.

Last edited:

Have to go pick up my DD in 10 minutes so finally glad I got through on my phone and I am in the queue there too but does mean I have to give up my other three while I go ....

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but I have to put it out there. Disney has been slowly going downhill! Just a bit of background on me, I took a Disney trip every year from age 3-18. Had a few trips here and there btwn 2000-2009. Bought in DVC in 2009. Became AP holder in 2010 and have been ever since. My husband and I got engaged and married in Disney (engaged MK, married seabreeze point and top of the world lounge - 2nd wedding event in that space). My husband and I go to Disney 4-5 times a year. We live in the northeast! I have been basically turning a blind eye to the downfall Disney has been in for years, ie using there own movies to sponsor rides - now the movies are starting to take over the resorts! I fell in love with the inventive and magical Disney of yesteryear. But I can not ignore the turn it has taken with its park passes and lighting lane. This Disney IT is all apart of this new Disney! It seems to me that Chapek is seeing how far he can push the lines for profit. It seems to me that part of park passes and genie + is to staff the park at min. Or at least certain areas of the park at bare min staffing. WE ALL ARE PART OF MAKING THIS OKAY! AS LONG AS PEOPLE KEEPING GOING, KEEP PAYING. I think i am done. I am angry and sad about this. Ask my husband, I love Disney!!!!!!! But this treatment is not okay and i am not going to allow them to walk all over me anymore. I am sad to say all this!!! And wish I didn’t have to! I want my magical and imaginative Disney World back!!

Cherry blossom allows for groups to enter the lottery together. It's all or nothing. Groups can have up to 10. That might be an option for DIsney. But seeing how this is going...

I've at least got past the dwarves and have three "thank you for your patience" pages.

My natives are starting to get restless and are rooting around the kitchen. Not sure how much longer I can hold them off before having to figure out lunch.

Cherry Blossom 10-miler has a group option for their lottery. Essentially, your entire group either gets in or doesn't. I believe this type of system would work well for RD, plus would likely drive more money to charity if people are looking for individual bibs if a friend or family member got in and they did not.

Philadelphia's Broad Street Run uses a queue system. And you can register as a group. But they do disclaim that it's an all or nothing bit going that way. Either the entire group makes it, or the whole group doesn't.
Similarly, Mt Washington Road Race uses a lottery system where you can register as a group. All in, or none in.

Some races (Berlin, Big Sur, Peachtree) have a group lottery so either everyone gets in or no one gets in. That could be a good option for those situations.

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but I have to put it out there. Disney has been slowly going downhill! Just a bit of background on me, I took a Disney trip every year from age 3-18. Had a few trips here and there btwn 2000-2009. Bought in DVC in 2009. Became AP holder in 2010 and have been ever since. My husband and I got engaged and married in Disney (engaged MK, married seabreeze point and top of the world lounge - 2nd wedding event in that space). My husband and I go to Disney 4-5 times a year. We live in the northeast! I have been basically turning a blind eye to the downfall Disney has been in for years, ie using there own movies to sponsor rides - now the movies are starting to take over the resorts! I fell in love with the inventive and magical Disney of yesteryear. But I can not ignore the turn it has taken with its park passes and lighting lane. This Disney IT is all apart of this new Disney! It seems to me that Chapek is seeing how far he can push the lines for profit. It seems to me that part of park passes and genie + is to staff the park at min. Or at least certain areas of the park at bare min staffing. WE ALL ARE PART OF MAKING THIS OKAY! AS LONG AS PEOPLE KEEPING GOING, KEEP PAYING. I think i am done. I am angry and sad about this. Ask my husband, I love Disney!!!!!!! But this treatment is not okay and i am not going to allow them to walk all over me anymore. I am sad to say all this!!! And wish I didn’t have to! I want my magical and imaginative Disney World back!!
I don’t think it’s unpopular at all. It’s just so hard to pull the plug. We’re all hopeful that the next trip will be better.

ETA: I still think they’re in a post-reopening bubble. I can’t imagine the demand levels will sustain when so many are having such terrible experiences. Then again, that could just trigger further staff reductions and even less efficiency. I don’t think the ridiculous wait times bother them at all.

They could also set something up where people pre register over a few days, then receive a registration link. That would prevent people from having multiple browsers open

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter