Marathon Weekend 2022

thanks for doing that. I have to admit I bought in to the "5k is not timed" even though I know people have tracked it here. I could have shaved off 10 if I knew there would be a ranking lol.
5K is “officially” timed for Dopey. They have to confirm you ran all 4 races.

I know this has been asked before, so sorry for the repeat, but who do I email if there is a missing photo from the marathon? Thanks in advance.

Dopey 2022 Ranked Results
As I have done for most of the past years, I calculated the rankings for the Dopey results. The pdf file is too big to attach on the DISboards, but you can find it here: Dopey 2022 Ranked Results
Thanks for doing this.
And now that I've seen it.... I *know* that I said I'de pace myself and enjoy taking photos, but competitive me is sitting here thinking, "I can shave a lot of time off of that total".
To what end? Don't know, but I can be rather competitive. (DW is rolling her eyes, even though she's as competitive as I am).

Thanks for doing this.
And now that I've seen it.... I *know* that I said I'de pace myself and enjoy taking photos, but competitive me is sitting here thinking, "I can shave a lot of time off of that total".
To what end? Don't know, but I can be rather competitive. (DW is rolling her eyes, even though she's as competitive as I am).
Is it bad that I’m thinking the same thing? I would have only needed to shave 48 minutes off my total (which is doable - I lost a lot of time waiting for medical for a concussion test In the full) to be in the top half of Dopey times. Top 25% isn’t achievable for me unless I’m willing to cut out character stops and that would take away the fun part of the races.

I guess at this point there isn't much to say. We ran, we walked, we conquered.

If there was much to change: I wish PhotoPass could somehow know that two runners are together. I would be hip to hip with the misuses and in many of her photos my elbow appears, wish we could have a double shot without doing some sort of photo-shopping. Also, was the stretch from Animal Kingdom to Blizzard Beach to Hollywood Studios as desolate and depressing as I remember it being?

Also, was the stretch from Animal Kingdom to Blizzard Beach to Hollywood Studios as desolate and depressing as I remember it being?
Yes it was! In fact, that stretch was exactly where I decided I never want to do 26.2 at WDW again! If I'm gonna run that far, I want some shade, or something interesting to look at, or at least to not be looping in a parking lot. :rotfl2:

Also, was the stretch from Animal Kingdom to Blizzard Beach to Hollywood Studios as desolate and depressing as I remember it being?
Might be the toughest part of any race I’ve done. Looking at my splits right now and I almost wish they did splits by park as opposed to by mile milestone, but you can definitely tell that it started to get ugly for me somewhere between the halfway point and mile 20. Getting to HS and having a cheering section again was a big boost.

Might be the toughest part of any race I’ve done. Looking at my splits right now and I almost wish they did splits by park as opposed to by mile milestone, but you can definitely tell that it started to get ugly for me somewhere between the halfway point and mile 20. Getting to HS and having a cheering section again was a big boost.
I definitely prefer the in-park environment to the long empty stretches. I would rather Disney have us spend more time running through AK and eliminate the BB parking lot and maybe some more of the loop to BB. And last time I did this, they had more animals out before going into AK. This year was just some donkeys, if I recall correctly. I missed the birds of prey.

I am so sad I DNF’d before the donkeys because I love donkeys so much.

It might not have been donkeys for you. They rotate the animals that they have out.

When I went by it was a pig. I hope they got it put away before the heat really ramped up, though. Otherwise, that pig was going to be bakin'!

I'll see myself out now...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter