Marathon Weekend 2022

Had a bit of a rough half today. Towards the end I thought I was hitting mile 12, when it really was only mile 11. Psychologically that messed me up.

Also, I get that Disney races are for everyone, and I feel I’ve been gracious with all the people that are walking and take up the entire road with their group, but for the first time ever, I actually went off on another runner. Towards the end, near the globe, I was on the side, about to get to one of the photographers when some woman literally jumped in front of me to do one of those “I’m jumping in the air” poses, completely bumping into me. I told her off and went on my way.Not getting my photo because she jumped in front of me bothered me, but not as much as her body checking me just to get her cute photo.
Blessedly, my hotel let me check in at 10am after the race, so I was able to shower and get some sleep. My shoes unfortunately got soaked from the ice bags on my knees, so I had to drive 45 mins to find another store that carried my size in anything. So yeah…running the marathon tomorrow on a new pair of shoes and aching knees. Good times!

herry whatever that stuff was that one

poor quoting on phone but in response to clear cherry Powerade….

that was marathon of 2018. My wife was supposed to run and hates that stuff. She had to pull out and my daughter and I ran together. At an early water stop, we grabbed some Powerade and we both said “mom would’ve freaked out” with this flavor.

Had a bit of a rough half today. Towards the end I thought I was hitting mile 12, when it really was only mile 11. Psychologically that messed me up.

Also, I get that Disney races are for everyone, and I feel I’ve been gracious with all the people that are walking and take up the entire road with their group, but for the first time ever, I actually went off on another runner. Towards the end, near the globe, I was on the side, about to get to one of the photographers when some woman literally jumped in front of me to do one of those “I’m jumping in the air” poses, completely bumping into me. I told her off and went on my way.Not getting my photo because she jumped in front of me bothered me, but not as much as her body checking me just to get her cute photo.
Blessedly, my hotel let me check in at 10am after the race, so I was able to shower and get some sleep. My shoes unfortunately got soaked from the ice bags on my knees, so I had to drive 45 mins to find another store that carried my size in anything. So yeah…running the marathon tomorrow on a new pair of shoes and aching knees. Good times!
I really hated the people that would jump in front of the cameras to get their picture. Happened to me a couple times. It's frustrating.

Where would you recommend that you position yourself to get the best picture coming out of the castle?
I agree about being on the left for the highest probability of a good shot. We were there at about 6:50 am and it was wall to wall people and impossible to get left for a shot. So, plan ahead!

Thankfully the next shot was clean!
Wow!!! What an awesome shot!

How many picture stops did you make? I’m trying to have a loose plan of attack for tomorrow wherein I want as many pictures as I can get.

The character shots we've gotten this week in the dark have been awful 75% of the time. Because of the barriers, the characters are not well lit at all. Our strategy for tomorrow is to not stop for characters until it is light outside unless it's Darkwing Duck, of course. Have fun!

poor quoting on phone but in response to clear cherry Powerade….

that was marathon of 2018. My wife was supposed to run and hates that stuff. She had to pull out and my daughter and I ran together. At an early water stop, we grabbed some Powerade and we both said “mom would’ve freaked out” with this flavor.

For a moment I thought your wife pulled out of the race because they were serving cherry Powerade.

I feel the same. This is typical for me after endurance events. It’s like I’m hungover. I just ate pasta and am feeling a little better.

Have you guys tried drinking BCAA’s after long runs? My son uses them during and after weight lifting and it helps his muscles recover very well and quickly. My sons strength and conditioning coach told me it would probably help after long runs also. I brought some this week and have been drinking them after each run. So far so good. I think they have helped with recovery and that cloudiness feeling afterward (I like to call them the stupids).

Can someone please remind me of the prerace meetup plan for tomorrow?

(I hate to be “this person” but I feel like I’ve searched so many pages and am not finding it. Sorry!)

I just woke up from a much needed nap. I had an early wake-up for my flight yesterday, went straight to the expo, and made a couple stops along the way before my room was ready. Once I got here I got so tired, which made me a little concerned health wise, but I feel better already so clearly it was just tiredness from the early wake-up (and I’m not even running Dopey :duck:).

This is the first runDisney trip that I’m arriving right before running so I feel pretty unprepared, but training wise it’s the first run I’ve ever actually followed a training plan for. I’m admittedly nervous for my first marathon and the logistics of driving to the race for the first time, but I know it should all be fine. Here’s to hoping pre-race nerves don’t get the worst of me!

Time to get an evening stretch in, double check that everything is set for race morning, and go back to bed. Congratulations to everyone that has made it here, and good luck to everyone in the marathon tomorrow!

Holy bleeping anxiety, Batman. Woke up after 90min of sleep just now almost having a full blown anxiety attack. Major imposter syndrome going on. 😩😩😩 This sucks so much. If you’re on, I need someone to talk me down that tomorrow isn’t going to be the worst day of my life and that I haven’t wasted all of this time training. I’m so tired, and every time I close my eyes right now it just ramps way back up.

Holy bleeping anxiety, Batman. Woke up after 90min of sleep just now almost having a full blown anxiety attack. Major imposter syndrome going on. 😩😩😩 This sucks so much. If you’re on, I need someone to talk me down that tomorrow isn’t going to be the worst day of my life and that I haven’t wasted all of this time training. I’m so tired, and every time I close my eyes right now it just ramps way back up.

You got this. Trust the training. You’ll probably feel sore right at the beginning, but it’ll just take time to feel better. Be patient. Soak in the environment. Find things to take your mind off the task. You are strong and totally capable.

You got this! 🙌 Your training will see you through. Breathe.
Total stranger, and not been in your situation before, but been encouraged by reading all your (and everybody's) posts and blown away by all you all being there (and vicariously enjoying every post).
Tomorrow isn't going to be the worst day of your life.
Someone's cheering you on from across the interwebs.

You might consider using the hairdryer in the room to try to dry the shoes that you are used to running in

You’ll be fine

I’m not running this weekend but just wanted to remind you that you’ve got this! You’ve trained, and this is one of the most welcoming environments you’ll ever run in. Everyone wants you to succeed tomorrow, and all you need to do is put one foot in front of the other and find your groove. Deep breaths, maybe do some stretches, and lie back down to sleep and reset.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter