Marathon Weekend 2022

Anyone have their Joy or Sadness picture from the 5k yet? Those seem to be the only two that haven’t shown up in my photopass account

Several of us are standing here just to the right of the 50th anniversary backdrop, about even with the back of the purple food truck

Anyone have their Joy or Sadness picture from the 5k yet? Those seem to be the only two that haven’t shown up in my photopass account

Our Pinocchio picture hasn't shown up either. We waited in massive lines (20 mins each) for the previous 3 characters and the Joy and Sadness lines were closed when we got there. :(

The HM and the M/Goofy/Dopey follow two different sets of POT standards. And since the Goofy/Dopey runners receive equal starting groups between the HM and M (which is assigned based on the M), then that makes it seem like there is some sort of dinging. But it's not quite what is happening. If dinging were to truly occur for Goofy/Dopey runners, then in theory it should be for the M placement more than the HM placement.
Great explanation. That’s what I meant by dinging. The dopey/goofy/marathon runners are graded on a different scale than us oddballs that only run the half.

Great first day! Mostly walked the 5K with family. And this was out of SG6. Nice to do this with the Fam but so hard to wait through the last gate and then just walk, get Andy run ahead and run back. Still too finish with wife and both daughters, just awesome! Plus as extra bonus we finished at 6:59 and as we were getting our medals my wife said hey it’s 7, going to try for a virtual spot for Remy and we got it! Really good day!

Side note, my daughter is running the Half with me on Saturday. For her regeneration and mine I put us in the first non POT option for her Half and for my Dopey and she ended up with SG2 and I am SG3? No big deal, but I thought that weird.

Good luck to all tomorrow!

You're lucky you got a virtual group. I read last night that starting the 10th, they are eliminating virtual queue for Remy. So DATW'ers be forewarned.

Totally struck out this morning trying to park at BCV to cheer--even though I know several people staying there. Was turned away at the gate.

ETA: I did RoTR and Smuggler's Run before official HS park opening of 9, so yeah!

Last edited:
I liked that we didn’t have to walk all the way back to the Epcot bus lot for the return buses today!
you didnt? i did... because apparently i am an idiot or there weas no one directing us. im guessing the former.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter