Marathon Weekend 2022

Thanks jmasgat! We’re running the Dopey Challenge this year. We took buses from AKL when we ran the Princess Fairy Tale Challenge, but that was because we didn’t have a car on that trip. Since a) we have our car with us this trip, b) POFQ is pretty close to EP and c) there’s just a wee bit of virus concern on the buses, we were wondering if taking a car was even a real option. When people post here that you need to arrive early if you drive, with a race start of 5:00, what time would folks suggest we leave POFQ to be at the parking lot ‘early‘?

I've typically driven myself from Boardwalk over to both the half and the full, and I leave Boardwalk around 3:30. Now, the traffic from POFQ is going to add some time there, and I don't know if it's 30 minutes or 10 minutes, but I can say, with the exception of one year, I've always been there within 30 minutes, giving me plenty of time to relax, stay cool/warm, etc., before heading to the corrals.

With the races starting 30 minutes earlier, I'd probably be shooting for 2:45-3 am Boardwalk departure this year.

Random question... how long do the batteries in Magic Bands last? Will my bands from 2019 still work?

My MBs from November 2018 worked in June 2021 so over two years. We only used them for resort door access, nothing else, because the bluetooth key didn't work for us for some reason.

I have a theory about the lack of logos on the shirt sleeves. Based on the early cutoff of pre-orders, I suspect their shirt design and order were due earlier than usual due to supply chain issues. Perhaps they had not yet finalized the 10K course changes by then, so rather than leave logos off that one shirt or risk it being wrong, they just opted not to do them on any.

That, or they're trying to save money and/or time. Sleeve imprints definitely add to cost and production time.

Glad I got there early and didn’t leave. Everyone was friendly and orderly. The mobile checkout is a big plus instead of waiting forever to checkout last past years. Not on all clothes, they run very small. I wanted the black rundisney zip jacket but they all appear to be women's cut and needed to go two sizes up to even get it on and then it was tight in certain areas and very baggy at the bottom.

Everything went pretty smoothly this morning. Was able to get everything I wanted. It did get a little hectic but I’m guessing that people visiting later in the day won’t be as…eager….as some of the people this morning. I was also able to find some salt chews which I’ve been panicking about.

s4 for dopey with an estimated 4:31-5:00. Also, did they give me the wrong souvenir tag or is it just random? It’s a half marathon one instead of dopey. Maybe they just randomly grab?

Attachments

• 94303C37-B5BD-4BB6-874F-F6A536B55661.jpeg
    94303C37-B5BD-4BB6-874F-F6A536B55661.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 43
dumb newbie question...wife and I are running the 10K and staying at Pop. What time should we plan on leaving for the race?

Recommend being on the first bus, and if you are driving know exactly where you are going and leave at the time the first bus leaves. Yes you end up waiting around in holding near the start line but better that than not getting on a bus or there being transportation issues. There should be a big easel in the lobby with transportation information for the race on it that gives you the starting times for the bus.

Who doesn’t like a challenge on top of a challenge, right?

Just got into my room at AKL.
Flight out of Hartford was cancelled 20 minutes prior to boarding yesterday AM, nothing available of course until later today. Rather than chance another cancellation or getting here with no flight home if that’s canceled it was decided this would be the trip to drive 1200+ miles.
Oh yay, surprise! I-95 in VA was closed for a fifty mile detour due to the storms so it turned into a bit over 20 hours but this is happening.
Wow! Now that is commitment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter