Marathon Weekend 2022

So I finally got the booster and flu vaccine yesterday and I feel awful right now. I had insomnia all night and then woke up at like 11 am (slept 5 am - 11 am ish). I feel like a train ran me over. Ugh.
I was supposed to get the booster a few weeks ago but they cancelled my appointment last minute and this was the earliest I could get it. I just got some water with nuun and took Excedrin. I’m eating applesauce which is all I can stomach. We leave Thursday super early, and I really need to submit this dissertation chapter before then… hopefully I feel better ASAP!

Sending you positive vibes. I got my booster last week and felt mildly sick for a day then back to 100%. I know everyone reacts differently but hopefully you are as quick.

Yes, there is a code on the back of the bibs.

• To link your race photos to your Disney account, log in at MyDisneyPhotoPass.com, select “Link Photos,” and enter your 16-digit code, which is the 11-digit RaceID, plus your five-digit bib number. If your bib number is less than five digits, add zeros before your bib number to fill in the remaining numbers. See below for race IDs and replace the X’s with your bib number to complete the code:
  • Marathon: 2022-WDWM-ARAx-xxxx
    Half Marathon: 2022-WDWH-ALFx-xxxx
    10K: 2022-WDWW-10Kx-xxxx
    5K: 2022-WDWW-K5Kx-xxxx

Has anybody been able to link their bib number yet? Mine keeps telling me that I entered an invalid number

Thank you! I'm all set up for my flights. The nerves are high because this is a "quick turn around" race weekend. I'm flying down on Friday for the Saturday half marathon, and then returning home on Sunday.
Exact same scenario here with the quick turnaround for the half--good luck with your flight and have a great run!

Hello Friends! My wife and I will be running our first runDisney race on Friday morning (10K!!) and have a couple of questions for the running vets....

1. We will have to go through the runner relations line at the expo because they lost my wife's digital waiver. We arrive late Wed. night and are planning to go to MK first on Thursday with plans to leave about 4pm to get an Uber/Lyft over to WWoS. Do you think that is enough time to do everything that we need to do at the expo or how much time should we allow?

2. On Friday morning, we will bus over to Epcot from Pop. We are thinking that we may want to wear some warm up pants while we wait for the race to start but change into shorts closer to actual race time. How late can we check our gear bag?
How does Disney (anyone) lose digital registrations, waivers, etc?!!!

Does anyone have an estimate on how much the tank top might cost? My friend will be at the expo tomorrow and I am contemplating giving her money to buy it in case it sells out.

How does Disney (anyone) lose digital registrations, waivers, etc?!!!
Not sure if this is a rhetorical question, but I'm a total geek and an IT professional, so I can't resist answering, in two ways:

1) It's really easy for a system to end up apparently losing registrations. There's a database that stores all the info in the system, and the fields which are storing the registration info are all very much intact. But for whatever reason, the pages designed to call up that registration and allow you to view/edit it aren't working properly. Maybe it's a web design issue. Maybe it's something wrong with the query which searches for the registration. But this happens all the time when we're developing and testing new systems. It's just that we're supposed to find these issues and fix them in the development/test systems before the systems are actually being used for their intended purpose.

2) It's completely ludicrous and unnecessary that Disney is (apparently) losing registrations. There's no reason for this to happen if they'd just follow good practices for software development and ongoing support. And my guess is they don't have adequate quality assurance practices.

I have no options for a nonstop flight to MCO out of Little Rock so I always opt for the first flight out of the day, since the plane always arrives the night before and is waiting. So far, checking the history, yesterdays flight was cancelled and today's was delayed by an hour at the connection in DAL. :( I packed the last of my stuff this morning before work and got all my mom's meals prepped for DH to feed her while I am gone, as I am spending the night in the airport hotel. I am feeling anxious/stressed! Will be so happy to just GET THERE!

Not sure if this is a rhetorical question, but I'm a total geek and an IT professional, so I can't resist answering, in two ways:

1) It's really easy for a system to end up apparently losing registrations. There's a database that stores all the info in the system, and the fields which are storing the registration info are all very much intact. But for whatever reason, the pages designed to call up that registration and allow you to view/edit it aren't working properly. Maybe it's a web design issue. Maybe it's something wrong with the query which searches for the registration. But this happens all the time when we're developing and testing new systems. It's just that we're supposed to find these issues and fix them in the development/test systems before the systems are actually being used for their intended purpose.

2) It's completely ludicrous and unnecessary that Disney is (apparently) losing registrations. There's no reason for this to happen if they'd just follow good practices for software development and ongoing support. And my guess is they don't have adequate quality assurance practices.

Disney not only (seemingly) lost my race registration and POT, but my entire account no longer exists on MDE.

Frantic email to travel agent has been sent.

Disney not only (seemingly) lost my race registration and POT, but my entire account no longer exists on MDE.

Yikes. Did you print out or screen shot your reservation with the reservation number? I think as long as you have that you should be fine. Just some added hassle at the Expo. But, the POT would be my biggest concern.

I can't log into MDE, and I just saw somebody on Facebook say the same.

Have I mentioned I'm not a fan of Disney's IT department?? (now that question was definitely rhetorical)

Yikes. Did you print out or screen shot your reservation with the reservation number? I think as long as you have that you should be fine. Just some added hassle at the Expo. But, the POT would be my biggest concern.

Its all in emails somewhere. No screenshots of POT, though.

Sending you positive vibes. I got my booster last week and felt mildly sick for a day then back to 100%. I know everyone reacts differently but hopefully you are as quick.

I too felt pretty awful from my booster, I had the chills etc. But it only lasted for like a day, I slept a ton the next night and was back to normal. Hopefully it will be fast for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter