Marathon Weekend 2022

2022 Marathon Weekend - DIS List FINAL version

Alright, everyone here is the final version of the DIS List (with that being said if some stragglers come in I can still do the calcs for you). Some key differences in this version vs the previous.

-Based on the bib numbers I've done some recalculating of starting times of groups.
-I've separated 4:30-5:00 and 5:00-5:30, and instead combined 6:00-6:30 and 6:30-7:00 based on the bib numbers.

I'm making a lot of assumptions in this document and making my best educated guesses. So don't hold me to these predictions, but use it as a living document in the moment for assistance.

Excited for you all! Have a great weekend!

Attachments

• 2022 MW DIS LIST - FINAL 2022-01-03.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 320
2022 Marathon Weekend - DIS List FINAL version

Alright, everyone here is the final version of the DIS List (with that being said if some stragglers come in I can still do the calcs for you). Some key differences in this version vs the previous.

-Based on the bib numbers I've done some recalculating of starting times of groups.
-I've separated 4:30-5:00 and 5:00-5:30, and instead combined 6:00-6:30 and 6:30-7:00 based on the bib numbers.

I'm making a lot of assumptions in this document and making my best educated guesses. So don't hold me to these predictions, but use it as a living document in the moment for assistance.

Excited for you all! Have a great weekend!

Thanks Billy, as always.

Unofficial post-race celebration will be parking lot beers. Look for me or @Mr Drauer. We’ll give @FFigawi a call after the full.

Good info. My guess is that is either the backend of s1 (POT) or front end of s2 (4:00-4:30). It's interesting to balance this against @JoRo16's value of 209xx with a very close 1:55 HM (about 75 seconds from the cutoff rD told me). So I think that tells us that these 207xx numbers are probably the front end of s2. Interesting nonetheless.

Correct me if I'm wrong. For Wine and Dine your bib number made it appear you were in a different starting group, but the actual assignment ended up being s2. Is that right? This would seem different in that now your bib number better matches what we believe to be your group assignment despite your registration time otherwise.

Something definitely seems up. So mentally, I'd prepare to have to go to Runner's Relations. With that high of number, the assumption is the POT didn't get accepted and you've been assigned s6.
Happy to help throw everything off.

Thanks for the advice, but my registration disappeared weeks ago. Just one more chat to have with runner relations on Friday.
Don't feel bad as my Dopey registration also disappeared after following the instructions to de-link it from my wife's account. I'll be in that amazing short line (Eye roll) with you to sort out the waiver signing.

Things are getting real now! Dopey x 2: 262XX for both. 5:30-6:00 for time estimate.

As other folks have experienced, I also received the urgent email today about the waiver for my daughter (registration disappeared when I tried to transfer it to her account). I decided to reply to the email, and surprisingly they responded same day, although nothing we didn't already know...

Dear runDisney Guest,

Thanks for contacting us regarding the upcoming 2022 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend. We are excited that you will be joining us!

I understand you are having issues with your waiver and registration--not to worry! Please know that if you received a confirmation email at the time of race registration, you are successfully registered for the race.

For assistance with your waiver and runDisney account, please visit the check in solutions counter at the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo to sign your waiver for the race. Complimentary physical waivers will be available for your convenience.

It may interest you to know during the remainder of this event weekend, the Expo will be available:
  • Wednesday, January 5, 2022 from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
  • Thursday, January 6, 2022 from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST
  • Friday, January 7, 2022 from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST
  • Saturday, January 8, 2022 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. EST
We appreciate your patience and look forward to seeing you soon!

Kind regards,

George
runDisney

I loved Arno's videos! Is it totally creepy that I tried to look him up in runner tracking to see if he'd be there this week? :o
Definitely not, I was hoping he might be there, if I ran into him I would have liked to thank him bc his vids convinced me to do Dopey.

He posted online recently that he would not be attending the WDW marathon this year.

Hello Friends! My wife and I will be running our first runDisney race on Friday morning (10K!!) and have a couple of questions for the running vets....

1. We will have to go through the runner relations line at the expo because they lost my wife's digital waiver. We arrive late Wed. night and are planning to go to MK first on Thursday with plans to leave about 4pm to get an Uber/Lyft over to WWoS. Do you think that is enough time to do everything that we need to do at the expo or how much time should we allow?

2. On Friday morning, we will bus over to Epcot from Pop. We are thinking that we may want to wear some warm up pants while we wait for the race to start but change into shorts closer to actual race time. How late can we check our gear bag?

2. On Friday morning, we will bus over to Epcot from Pop. We are thinking that we may want to wear some warm up pants while we wait for the race to start but change into shorts closer to actual race time. How late can we check our gear bag?

I don’t know about gear bag check, but if you wear throwaway warm up pants (I just got a cheap pair from Walmart for my first RD race), you can just leave them on the side of the course and Disney will donate them.

*not a true veteran, but chiming in because I am also doing the 10k and coming from Pop (and I can’t sleep 😂). In 2020 I almost missed my corral because I forgot part of my costume in my bag, so I know it’s available late, but being rushed was terrible and I definitely recommend a throwaway layer if you need warmth after the bus.

I heard horror stories of crazy lines at previous expos, but both times I went I got lucky and the walk around the various parts of the complex to pick everything up was the longest amount of time- three separate areas very spread out, but with good signage and flow. I love looking at everything but doubt I was there for much over an hour. I think reports will start to come in soon of how it’s working with covid precautions as people start picking up on Weds.

Well we made it to Orlando. First plane went mechanical yesterday and instead of flying to Calgary on another plane the next day and not make the connection to Orlando, we had WestJet fly us to Edmonton. Then we rented a car to drive to Calgary where we had the airport hotel and testing booked to be ready for todays flight. A lot of cancelled flights on the departures/arrivals boards in the airports. The things you do to make a race I guess?

I heard horror stories of crazy lines at previous expos, but both times I went I got lucky and the walk around the various parts of the complex to pick everything up was the longest amount of time- three separate areas very spread out, but with good signage and flow. I love looking at everything but doubt I was there for much over an hour. I think reports will start to come in soon of how it’s working with covid precautions as people start picking up on Weds.

Same. Even milling around and buying stuff, I was almost always in and out quickly. For me, the worst was getting there early on the first day-lines and a rush on merchandise. When I showed up later, got in fast and the merch was restocked and had a short line,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter