Marathon Weekend 2022

Wow, I don't think even at my most optimistic I thought I could finish in under 5 hours. I must have made a mistake.

As much as that extra time sure would help, I don't think I'd feel comfortable up there with those faster runners. I WOULD feel pressured to keep up somewhat so as not to be in the way, and in the end it would probably hurt me more than it would help me.
If you don't need the extra buffer ahead of the balloon ladies, starting in the corral closer to people running at your pace will probably be better for your morale. It's no fun being passed by everybody! I've been there for sure!

But on the other hand, if you DO need that extra buffer, absolutely take it. No guilt!

Too bad the joke signs are on that congested path from HS to Boardwalk! I'll be sure to stay right so I can see them.

Dopey bib #243xx, est time 5:00-5:30 (absolutely not happening! :laughing: I was apparently not thinking clearly at registration! ) I’ll probably be moving back to start with my sister for the marathon at least but am afraid she might be in the last group. Her Dopey bib is #264xx but I don’t know what she put as a time (maybe 6:00-6:30 but idk)

Things are getting real and I’m constantly back and forth between excited, nervous, terrified and thinking I’m completely out of my mind! We’re scheduled to leave early tomorrow morning.
are you me?

So far, it looks like Platinum members are all 207xx to 208xx regardless of estimated time (anywhere from 4:00 to 6:30 *edited).

Good info. My guess is that is either the backend of s1 (POT) or front end of s2 (4:00-4:30). It's interesting to balance this against @JoRo16's value of 209xx with a very close 1:55 HM (about 75 seconds from the cutoff rD told me). So I think that tells us that these 207xx numbers are probably the front end of s2. Interesting nonetheless.

Correct me if I'm wrong. For Wine and Dine your bib number made it appear you were in a different starting group, but the actual assignment ended up being s2. Is that right? This would seem different in that now your bib number better matches what we believe to be your group assignment despite your registration time otherwise.

I registered day of, included a sub-4 marathon time and I think estimated 4:00-4:30, but I can’t be certain.

Something definitely seems up. So mentally, I'd prepare to have to go to Runner's Relations. With that high of number, the assumption is the POT didn't get accepted and you've been assigned s6.

And straight up denial received from RunDisney. No offer for refund to gift card. I got the too bad so sad form letter.

We hope there will be a way for you to participate in the event you are registered for but understand if this is not possible. As a reminder, race registrations are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another individual or another weekend. Please accept our sincere apologies for any disappointment.

I had a feeling it was coming so I packed all my race gear this morning. I know I can easily get through the 5K and probably the 10K. I’ll make the call when to tap out for the 1/2 and full once I’m on the course.

ETA: Took 10 days to get a response.

And straight up denial received from RunDisney. No offer for refund to gift card. I got the too bad so sad form letter.

We hope there will be a way for you to participate in the event you are registered for but understand if this is not possible. As a reminder, race registrations are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another individual or another weekend. Please accept our sincere apologies for any disappointment.

I had a feeling it was coming so I packed all my race gear this morning. I know I can easily get through the 5K and probably the 10K. I’ll make the call when to tap out for the 1/2 and full once I’m on the course.

ETA: Took 10 days to get a response.
There are not very many more ways that a company can infuriate their customers than to be totally inconsistent in their policies. Unfortunately, runDisney has demonstrated their complete lack of business acumen. They were never great, but they were never before this poor.

Good info. My guess is that is either the backend of s1 (POT) or front end of s2 (4:00-4:30). It's interesting to balance this against @JoRo16's value of 209xx with a very close 1:55 HM (about 75 seconds from the cutoff rD told me). So I think that tells us that these 207xx numbers are probably the front end of s2. Interesting nonetheless.

Correct me if I'm wrong. For Wine and Dine your bib number made it appear you were in a different starting group, but the actual assignment ended up being s2. Is that right? This would seem different in that now your bib number better matches what we believe to be your group assignment despite your registration time otherwise.

Something definitely seems up. So mentally, I'd prepare to have to go to Runner's Relations. With that high of number, the assumption is the POT didn't get accepted and you've been assigned s6.

I figured. Unfortunately, I don’t have any screen shots showing I entered a POT.

Arno’s 2020 marathon vid shows this. He was out the door at 2:15 (!!!), so he could be at the front of the line, and the vid shows him in a waiting area before the corrals, and once they opened that up it was a full-on sprint to the actual corral. It definitely looked like a long trip over.

I loved Arno's videos! Is it totally creepy that I tried to look him up in runner tracking to see if he'd be there this week? :o

There are not very many more ways that a company can infuriate their customers than to be totally inconsistent in their policies. Unfortunately, runDisney has demonstrated their complete lack of business acumen. They were never great, but they were never before this poor.
It’s very true. Not consistent at all. I’ll do the best I can. I might as well DNF and get whatever medals I can. No sense in completely throwing the money away. I’ll get the race shirts and the bibs. This trip will mostly decompressing by myself after a rough few months and spending some time with DH for part of the trip. My FIL passed away Christmas morning. He had been sick for awhile and had been hoping he’d get well enough to make the flight from Maine to FL to see our new house, equine facility, see my daughter compete in a horse show and go to AK. Sadly it never happened, but I have a day planned at AK in his honor this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter