Marathon Weekend 2022

for the 5K, for sure it will be open. For the 10K, depending on the time, parts near the epcot entrance are closed. THe corrals are in the Epcot parking lot for 5 and 10 races, not on the road.
Great! Thanks again @Mr. Drauer! I might as well give driving a shot on Thursday morning and see how it goes.

I'm on a FB group with Club rD members who are reporting bib numbers they were given with Platinum/Gold status. Would that be useful for your spreadsheet @DopeyBadger or do you want to keep the data to the DIS? Happy to DM you the numbers being reported there if it helps.

It is starting to get real...
1. Last run yesterday while it was still warm, before last night's cold front
2. Expo check-in downloaded
3. Checking my running costumes and gear, double-checking against the checklist.
Do I need any more gel packs? [Throws another pack in the suitcase, as if the 8000+ calories worth already in there isn't enough]
Do I have enough socks? [Throws more in, along with the rest of my moisture-wicking clothes]
Running shoes? Both running pairs, plus the backup pair, plus my regular walking-around sneakers...

Two days from wondering why the car seems to be riding a little low in the back.....

Does anyone have experience driving from Port Orleans (Riverside) to the races? I’m starting to second-guess the bus transportation, but looking at the road closure map, it’s hard to tell whether it’s a direct shot to the EPCOT parking lot, like it should be, or if I’d need to head west on Buena Vista Drive, then take World Drive north and “follow the signs”, which would likely take a lot longer than I’d want it to. Any advice?

I am staying at POR for the half and full. I asked the same question. Here is a great response I received.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/marathon-weekend-2022.3813998/post-63637160

Dopey bib #243xx, est time 5:00-5:30 (absolutely not happening! :laughing: I was apparently not thinking clearly at registration! ) I’ll probably be moving back to start with my sister for the marathon at least but am afraid she might be in the last group. Her Dopey bib is #264xx but I don’t know what she put as a time (maybe 6:00-6:30 but idk)

Things are getting real and I’m constantly back and forth between excited, nervous, terrified and thinking I’m completely out of my mind! We’re scheduled to leave early tomorrow morning.

Any recommendations on driving route from Saratoga Springs on marathon morning?
same as for Port Orleans or OKW - you have to take Buena Vista to World Drive. Epcot Center is closed north of Buena Vista for the corrals. But go early - the traffic will really back up on World as it is only a one lane ramp to Epcot.

My marathon bib number is 1427. Unfortunately, I don't have a frame of reference. Is this a late start or a middle of the road start? Does anyone like DopeyBadger have an idea what time I will potentially start running?

We tried one last time, and DH was able to sign his waiver. If you’ve had that hassle it might be worth another try. And it looks like our flights are flying, after a week of 50/50 cancellations. After all this stress, the running may be the easy part. We hope to make HH‘s and DATW, even though I am one of the devoted readers, seldom posters.

When do they usually show these? I was hoping to see them before I leave (Thursday) so I can plan outfits around them haha.
They might release them tomorrow, I believe that is when they usually do it. But you will definitely see them Wednesday since runners will be able to pick them up at the expo that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter