Marathon Weekend 2022

Goofy: 309XX

I don’t remember what I submitted for an estimate and my registration is in the ether now.

Would you have put 5:30-6:00, 6:00-6:30, or 6:30-7:00? Or register after POT date? Your number is the highest I've got so far and I have two at 308xx in 5:30-6:00 submissions.

Would you have put 5:30-6:00, 6:00-6:30, or 6:30-7:00? Or register after POT date? Your number is the highest I've got so far and I have two at 308xx in 5:30-6:00 submissions.
I know you are not super magical (but you are), but is it looking like those that put 5:30-6 are going to be in S6? I feel like those of us that put that have super high numbers. I would have expected there to be more for the slower two time slots. But I'm guessing a lot of people probably just put the fastest non POT time.

10K 610XX 8:01-10:00 pace
M 15XX est 4-4:30

fully freaking out in anticipation/anxiety- was awake from 3-5am (no, no one canceled a dining reservation then 🤦‍♀️) and then dreamt I lost my friend’s dog 😩

I know you are not super magical (but you are), but is it looking like those that put 5:30-6 are going to be in S6? I feel like those of us that put that have super high numbers. I would have expected there to be more for the slower two time slots. But I'm guessing a lot of people probably just put the fastest non POT time.

It was my expectation that about 30% of M runners and 40% of HM runners put the highest non-POT estimate (this still remains to be seen). With that being said, if you put 5:30-6:00, I'm estimating s4. The release times will be staggered by the rate of runners. So it's looking like some corrals will be quite large and others small. I had assumed prior that s3 would be 4:30-5:00 and 5:00-5:30. But this bib number data looks to me like 6:00-6:30 and 6:30-7:00 is where the combo should occur. If that happens then 5:30-6:00 will be s5 with something like a 9-15 min head start on the balloon ladies.

Here's where we currently stand:

Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 12.15.52 PM.png

There are only 1500+100+800 (~2400) bibs that put 6:00-7:00 as an estimate as it stands now. That's about 15% of the field for something that used to make up 30% of the field on average when in year's past they had the opportunity to put 5:30-6:00 if they truly wanted to.

Does anyone have experience driving from Port Orleans (Riverside) to the races? I’m starting to second-guess the bus transportation, but looking at the road closure map, it’s hard to tell whether it’s a direct shot to the EPCOT parking lot, like it should be, or if I’d need to head west on Buena Vista Drive, then take World Drive north and “follow the signs”, which would likely take a lot longer than I’d want it to. Any advice?

If we are running more than one race (more than one registration), do you need the pass for each race or will just one work? I only have the 10k one, but not for the half. :confused3

It was my expectation that about 30% of M runners and 40% of HM runners put the highest non-POT estimate (this still remains to be seen). With that being said, if you put 5:30-6:00, I'm estimating s4. The release times will be staggered by the rate of runners. So it's looking like some corrals will be quite large and others small. I had assumed prior that s3 would be 4:30-5:00 and 5:00-5:30. But this bib number data looks to me like 6:00-6:30 and 6:30-7:00 is where the combo should occur. If that happens then 5:30-6:00 will be s5 with something like a 9-15 min head start on the balloon ladies.

Here's where we currently stand:

View attachment 635541

There are only 1500+100+800 (~2400) bibs that put 6:00-7:00 as an estimate as it stands now. That's about 15% of the field for something that used to make up 30% of the field on average when in year's past they had the opportunity to put 5:30-6:00 if they truly wanted to.
So what does that mean if I'm 209xx? Do I not exist? 😭😭😭

Dopey 26XXX I think estimated finish was between 5:31 and 6:00 hours, but I don't remember. May have been first no proof of time.

Does anyone have experience driving from Port Orleans (Riverside) to the races? I’m starting to second-guess the bus transportation, but looking at the road closure map, it’s hard to tell whether it’s a direct shot to the EPCOT parking lot, like it should be, or if I’d need to head west on Buena Vista Drive, then take World Drive north and “follow the signs”, which would likely take a lot longer than I’d want it to. Any advice?
Epcot Center Drive is closed at Buena Vista (that is where the corrals are for the half and full). the only way to go will be Buena Vista to World Drive, which will put you in with the rest of traffic, so leave early.

Epcot Center Drive is closed at Buena Vista (that is where the corrals are for the half and full). the only way to go will be Buena Vista to World Drive, which will put you in with the rest of traffic, so leave early.
Thanks @Mr. Drauer! So, would that be the same for the 5 and 10K? Will Epcot Center Drive be closed those days too?

Thanks @Mr. Drauer! So, would that be the same for the 5 and 10K? Will Epcot Center Drive be closed those days too?
for the 5K, for sure it will be open. For the 10K, depending on the time, parts near the epcot entrance are closed. THe corrals are in the Epcot parking lot for 5 and 10 races, not on the road.

Thankyou, fingers crossed.
----------------------

I've seen it go both ways, but when you register after the POT date you will have a high bib number because the other numbers have been assigned. It is not immediately indicative that you'll be in the last starting group. In the past, if you submitted a useable POT (within the original guidelines) then you would be seeded correctly "IF the starting group wasn't already full". That quoted language doesn't really fly these days because they don't corral runners by a set number anymore but the language remains as an "out" for them. But I have seen data to say some runners were placed correctly and others were not recently when registering after the POT deadline. Like others have said, bring all your info to runner relations and hopefully they'll be able to help seed you correctly there.
[/QUOTE]

Thankyou

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter