Marathon Weekend 2022

Should I play the music at all? If yes, when should I start it?

Honestly, I'd find the music annoying during the race, or if it were constantly going in the corrals. I run a lot of local races in Boston, and when people are wearing speakers it can be very frustrating to those around them.

If I were wearing a similar costume, I'd play the music anytime somebody asked about the costume. Either to confirm that yes, you're the parade, or to give them an extra clue when they're asking! And in that case, I'd say play it loud enough to be heard very clearly by the person you're talking to, but still not super loud.

Happy new year! One week until the half and another Goofy challenge for me! I am a mix of emotions right now - I go from excited to stressed/anxious like a moody teenager!

Anyone planning on using Genie plus this trip? We are going to HS on Saturday and will probably pay for Genie Plus that day to try to minimize our time standing in line, so I guess I will set an alarm on my phone for 7am to book LL - I won't be done with the half then as we will be going easy and stopping for photos, so I will be trying to book stuff somewhere on the back end of the half course. Is that what others are doing? This is such a pain - I miss the old FP days!

We will be using G+ on Saturday and Sunday. I am not doing it earlier in the week since it’s just me. Wife and kids come in on Friday. I have an AP and they just have two day hoppers with G+ already on it. So when I get up each morning on Saturday and Sunday I will be buying G+. Then since we will be running at 7am, my daughter is in charge of booking our selections and also trying for ILL$ selections.

Anyone else start packing? I am getting ready to turn on the Baylor game and start the organizing process. I got a bunch of new gear yesterday and took it out for a run this morning to make sure there were no issues. So next to last run was today. Rest day tomorrow and a short run on Monday. Then catching a plane first thing Tuesday and then it’s go time. Super pumped!

Anyone else start packing?
We are 90% packed now. Space bags helped squish everything down and we managed to fit a suitcase inside another suitcase so we will have plenty of room to bring home all our extra goodies.

I did discover this morning that our printer is skipping lines so my plan to print off my packing lists, boarding passes, and all our rental car paperwork is on hold while I troubleshoot that. Ugh. It’s always something.

Last edited:
If someone wanted to buy a margarita before the finish in Epcot, what is the easiest way to do that? Credit card or cash? Is there a line? Is it a long run with a full, delicious beverage to the finish?

Thanks for all the great comments on this forum!
I had initially registered for the full then got a half entry when it opened later in fall, so am trying to get Run Disney to treat me as a Goofy - since I have paid for both and wouldn't be taking an extra space in either race, no luck with email and calls to Run Disney - not response but I get they are busy. Anyone else had this situation or any suggestions? Since I will end up doing both would like to get that extra credit for Goofy! I will ask at Bib pick up but wanted to get it sorted before if possible.
I am loving the weather forecast and have done training runs over the past two months in 80f and then 15f, we get some big temp swings here, so cant wait to not run on ice or snow.
Just made the decision to drive from Niagara, Canada instead of flying from Buffalo. Jet Blue offered full refunds for all flights given the mess they are in, so that worked out well for us to get $ back and now planning on the drive- which we have done to Disney many times. Also cancelled all indoor dining - even though we both have full vax and boosters, just feel that is better for us. Safe travels everyone!

We will be using G+ on Saturday and Sunday. I am not doing it earlier in the week since it’s just me. Wife and kids come in on Friday. I have an AP and they just have two day hoppers with G+ already on it. So when I get up each morning on Saturday and Sunday I will be buying G+. Then since we will be running at 7am, my daughter is in charge of booking our selections and also trying for ILL$ selections.

i just added g+ to my 3 day ticket. I loathe the idea of it but we’re doing a family trip in March and I know my kids won’t be able to tolerate regular standby. So I want to test it this trip when I’m alone so I really know how to use it. Since I’m going to be running two out of my three days at 7am I’m just hoping that doesn’t make it worthless.

I love the marathon tank but I feel weird buying a race shirt before I finish the race (feels like bad luck and I’m already not confident).
In previous years, you could return any purchase made at the Expo to your Disney resort gift shop or the World of Disney store in Disney Springs with a receipt. I hesitated to buy the I did it shirt for my first half because I had not yet proven that I could do it. After learning that you can return Expo purchases to those places, I felt a lot better about those types of purchases.
I resolve to get some disapproving looks from Disney staff during DATW.
I can't wait to see how you pull this off socially distanced from the characters this time!
Because I just sobbed throughout the HBO Harry Potter reunion special and I’m not sure if that’s just who I am as a person or if I’m extra emotional due to taper.
I don't remember if my long runs were finished or not for the 2020 marathon, but let's just say this. I rarely cry in movies. Every few years at most or something. I cried so many times during my first viewing of The Rise of Skwyalker that it may be another 50 years before I cry in another movie again. Maybe that was due to marathon relief.
Anyone else start packing?
I'm taking a brief break from packing to check the weather. I leave Tuesday morning.

If someone wanted to buy a margarita before the finish in Epcot, what is the easiest way to do that? Credit card or cash? Is there a line? Is it a long run with a full, delicious beverage to the finish?
I bought a frozen margarita in Italy when I ran Dopey, and carried it across the finish line. I just carried my credit card. I did not have a long wait in line that I remember. I did slosh a bit lol. And the bus driver wouldn’t let me take it on the bus so I may have chugged it. :rolleyes1
AAD02A37-8B53-42B5-84B5-DC26E6814C0F.jpeg

Looks like about 3/4 of a mile from Mexico, and yes I’m thinking about doing this with the avocado marg at La Cava even though I have no idea if you can take one of those to go.

I bought a beer in Germany last marathon. I used cash and the non-runner folks in line let me cut them. I bought the souvenir mug so I had a handle to carry it with.
Finish line Beer 1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter