Marathon Weekend 2022

I also get the $3 fleece blankets from Walmart. If it’s windy, I’ll throw a past race’s space blanket over the top.
If it’s really cold, maybe two blankets - one for my too and the other for my legs 😆 (I’m thinking 2017 when the half was canceled and the 5k and 10k were warm and I had extra blankets left over).

I was thinking about grabbing some of the WM blankets and cutting a hole in the middle and wearing it like a poncho in the corral. That way I would be able to have full coverage and have my hands free to do whatever preparation needed before the race starts.

I was thinking about grabbing some of the WM blankets and cutting a hole in the middle and wearing it like a poncho in the corral. That way I would be able to have full coverage and have my hands free to do whatever preparation needed before the race starts.
That’s not a bad idea!
I may look a little ridiculous, but I usually tie a knot at the top like a cape, and if necessary (wind or it’s really cold) I’ll tie a knot at the bottom too.

Has anyone had success with cooling towels? Thinking of getting one for the marathon...
Yes, I have! Thanks for this reminder. I have found them helpful, you just have to be able to re-soak them in water from time to time. I'm going to pack mine.

do you think runDisney will offer refund or offer virtual option for Dopey? I’m a healthcare worker and our “healthy” staff is getting smaller by the hour it seems…
I think it would be irresponsible of me to take a big risk of catching COVID and not being able to work at this point…

I will be there Wed evening
I’m planning to be there at open on Wednesday. I can grab some things for you. Granted this is all assuming I arrive Tuesday as scheduled. I’m on the last flight out of my town so I’m approaching with caution!

All this talk about road closures and driving has 1000% freaked me out from renting a car 😂😂😂
I'm landing at MCO at 9am and will head over to the expo after a quick stop to drop my bags at VGF. I normally don't want to fight the madness that first morning, but I might as well, since it's my first Dopey. I'm also doing the Princess 5K, but don't know my schedule for that yet. Feel free to DM me!
Thank you to everyone that replied to my post and/or sent me a DM! I truly appreciate the support and offers to help shop for me at the expo! I replied to an offer already, but my offer still stands to repay the favor for someone in need at Princess weekend. Having the opportunity to get the merch I wanted for my first marathon means soooo much. Thanks again!
:disrocks:

Does anyone know if you are signed up for Dopey and miss the 5k & 10k, if they will still let you check in on Friday and let you do the half/full (Goofy)?
I ran just the half marathon of a Dopey the inaugural year. I even picked up the materials after the 5k and 10k had already been run. I think I had to get them at the runner relations booth at the expo since the Dopey pick ups weren’t there any more. (This wasn’t my own registration- a friend’s dad got really sick the week before the race, so she offered me her bib since I’d be there on vacation anyway. It was still possible to do that with someone’s info back then)

do you think runDisney will offer refund or offer virtual option for Dopey? I’m a healthcare worker and our “healthy” staff is getting smaller by the hour it seems…
I think it would be irresponsible of me to take a big risk of catching COVID and not being able to work at this point…

Thank you so much for thinking about others! I hope you can make that case to RunDisney and get an understanding CM to talk to.

I have never called RunDisney before. If I want to request a refund, should I choose option 3 or 4 from the phone menu? 3 is for technical issues with a registration, while 4 is for RunDisney events.

I called 3 and got sent to voicemail. I did this once in the morning and once mid-afternoon and left my name and number both times, but did not hear back from anyone. I called 4 once and they said, "Oh, let me transfer you to RunDisney - and that sent me back to the same phone menu."

I have never called RunDisney before. If I want to request a refund, should I choose option 3 or 4 from the phone menu? 3 is for technical issues with a registration, while 4 is for RunDisney events.

I called 3 and got sent to voicemail. I did this once in the morning and once mid-afternoon and left my name and number both times, but did not hear back from anyone. I called 4 once and they said, "Oh, let me transfer you to RunDisney - and that sent me back to the same phone menu."
Try emailing them at rundisney@disneysports.com.

So I arrived to WDW this afternoon. Got to ride DME, I had heard that it was only the bus ride now, but still had the video also. Was nice to have one last ride on DME!

Two thoughts I want to share. One, fantastic safety rules and cooperation seem in place. Masks were bring worn inside everywhere we went, and a lot outside too. Two, it is hot…. Got off the bus and was reintroduced to warm weather! Now, I am coming from Michigan and just yesterday ran in 30 degree weather. But, wow, forgot what warmth felt like! Northerners beware!

So fun to be hear again though! Happy New Year!

So I arrived to WDW this afternoon. Got to ride DME, I had heard that it was only the bus ride now, but still had the video also. Was nice to have one last ride on DME!

Two thoughts I want to share. One, fantastic safety rules and cooperation seem in place. Masks were bring worn inside everywhere we went, and a lot outside too. Two, it is hot…. Got off the bus and was reintroduced to warm weather! Now, I am coming from Michigan and just yesterday ran in 30 degree weather. But, wow, forgot what warmth felt like! Northerners beware!

So fun to be hear again though! Happy New Year!
From MI too. Ran a lot inside under the heat vent to acclimate. But nursing the ruptured meniscus is going to make this a slow go anyways. Cortisone shot and a brace. Just hoping to finish it all.

Course Question:
In for the Marathon. Not so much worried about the on and off ramps, but for some reason would like to know how many there are. I know the ramps and maybe(?) the roads are cambered rather heavily. How do you deal with the miles of flat roads that are tilted so dramatically?

Course Question:
In for the Marathon. Not so much worried about the on and off ramps, but for some reason would like to know how many there are. I know the ramps and maybe(?) the roads are cambered rather heavily. How do you deal with the miles of flat roads that are tilted so dramatically?

The roads are not heavily cambered except for the on and off ramps. For those, the best strategy is to run along the white stripe on the inside. There seems to be a little less severe an angle where the asphalt meets the grass.

Practical question about the Expo Check in Pass which will be available from 3 January. At what time would that be? I am leaving in 3 January in the morning on a flight from Europe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter