Marathon Weekend 2022

Point of clarification. The waivers for Wine and Dine were around 10/20 without a bib number (link). Runners learned their bib number from their "Expo Pass" on 10/29 (link). Which all occurred before the Expo (packet pickup) on 11/4 where starting group information was revealed. So MW is following the same trend with no bib numbers on waivers, but it should be assumed that the Expo pass will have them (according to the Guide that will be on/around 1/3/22 for MW). As well as the Runner Tracking (11/1) had bib number info and more.

But given this realization, I might need to put the DIS list together before that. Because that doesn't give a ton of time. I think given we've got six starting groups per group it should be easy enough to guess what starting group everyone is in based solely on registration estimated time. Where I'm going to have to take more of a stab at it is the start time end of it, because I was going to use the bib data information to determine that with more accuracy (was hoping to get a general idea of number of participants and rough number within each starting group).

‘Thanks for clarifying! I had forgotten about the pass being released later…

But given this realization, I might need to put the DIS list together before that. Because that doesn't give a ton of time. I think given we've got six starting groups per group it should be easy enough to guess what starting group everyone is in based solely on registration estimated time.

At what point would you like us to start bombarding you with this information? :rotfl2:

I just started looking at the course maps. My thoughts:
They release the course maps after you've paid so that they already have your money and it's too late to decide otherwise (says grumpy old me).
Blizzard Beach should be in quotes, since it is really the BB parking lot (near as I can tell)
HS is a bad joke. Almost like they are embarrassed to have us there.
Two loops through Epcot? I don't recall that from before, but OK, but I'd have rather put in the miles with actually seeing BB and more of HS.
AK - People had mentioned jumping out of the race to ride a ride. If there was one where I was inclined to do that, it would be Expedition Everest. And at this time, EE is scheduled to go down for maintenance on Jan 4th. Just dang.
How about taking a ride on the Tower of Terror since it looks like we'll be running past it? Do you think that it would be too late in the morning and the lines would be long by then?

The Link to claim my waiver showed up on my rundisney account, but when I enter my email address I get an error right now- assume it will be available soon

I was able to sign my own waiver and it did not ask for an email address. But I have two family members that I registered, and it prompts for their email, but I'm getting an error when I enter them. I recall a lot of waiver issues during W&D so hope fully this is just a temporary glitch.

At what point would you like us to start bombarding you with this information? :rotfl2:

I'll ask. I'll go back and find my request from the 2020 version and see if there's any more information that'll become available between now and the presumed release on 1/3 of the Expo Pass.

How about taking a ride on the Tower of Terror since it looks like we'll be running past it? Do you think that it would be too late in the morning and the lines would be long by then?

It's been done before. DHS opens at 9am for general and 8:30am for hotel guests. So based on an earlier calculation, I'd say anyone aiming for a 3:50 marathon or slower will be there when the ride is operational (the DIS sheet will have an accurate calc for each individual runner). In the past, general park guests have been somewhat accommodating to allowing runners to pass through quickly. But not always. 2022 represents something new since EE is not operational, so will more runners be trying to get on TOT and RnR which may mean less general park guests will let you pass? That's an unknown. My memory is trying to tell me there's someone who rode both TOT and RnR one year and it took them about 45 min in total. I'll see if I can find the quote.

ETA - This might be the quote I was remembering (link).

Once the parks open, all of the rides are open too. The easiest ones to get to while remaining relatively close to the course are Everest, Tower of Terror, and Rock n Roller Coaster. From past experience, it adds about 30-45 minutes to your total race time to do ToT and RnRC. @FFigawi

Last edited:
I was able to sign my own waiver and it did not ask for an email address. But I have two family members that I registered, and it prompts for their email, but I'm getting an error when I enter them. I recall a lot of waiver issues during W&D so hope fully this is just a temporary glitch.

Same here. I was able to sign mine, but got an error message when I tried to enter my daughter's email address.

I just had the same issue.

I also have another potential issue. When I registered my friend, I put in my physical address since it was quicker, knowing that I could go back later and change it. Well, as you can probably guess, I just realized that I never actually fixed it. Anyone know the best/easiest way to fix it?

I'll ask. I'll go back and find my request from the 2020 version and see if there's any more information that'll become available between now and the presumed release on 1/3 of the Expo Pass.

It's been done before. DHS opens at 9am for general and 8:30am for hotel guests. So based on an earlier calculation, I'd say anyone aiming for a 3:50 marathon or slower will be there when the ride is operational (the DIS sheet will have an accurate calc for each individual runner). In the past, general park guests have been somewhat accommodating to allowing runners to pass through quickly. But not always. 2022 represents something new since EE is not operational, so will more runners be trying to get on TOT and RnR which may mean less general park guests will let you pass? That's an unknown. My memory is trying to tell me there's someone who rode both TOT and RnR one year and it took them about 45 min in total. I'll see if I can find the quote.

ETA - This might be the quote I was remembering (link).

Once the parks open, all of the rides are open too. The easiest ones to get to while remaining relatively close to the course are Everest, Tower of Terror, and Rock n Roller Coaster. From past experience, it adds about 30-45 minutes to your total race time to do ToT and RnRC. @FFigawi
Can you even imagine how wet and gross the backs of the seats would be after someone has run 22 miles?

Marathon Weekend 2022 DIS LIST

Alright everyone, as promised I will put together a spreadsheet that has everyone that wishes to participate in the spreadsheet's information on it. We do this as a means to help people find each other on race day at either the pre-race/post-race meet-ups, in the starting groups, or just by chance on the course. I will ask for information and you can choose to provide or not provide any information as you desire (or not participate at all). The only key parts are Dis name, estimated pace/POT, and expected pace. All others are optional. This will also be helpful to your family and spectators because it provides "time of day" markers for when you should reach different milestones based on your estimated pace and starting time (starting group).

So for every race that you (or friend/family member) plan to participate in (so Goofy and Dopey people I need each race separately, 5k, 10k, HM, M...) please provide me the following:

RACE -
NAME -
DIS'er name -
Costume/Clothing -
Bib# -
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration -
Club runDisney Platinum? -
(Yes or No)
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No)
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group -
Early Bird or Late Arriver -
Expected Race Pace -

I will compile everyone's response into a single spreadsheet and then distribute this when we get closer to race day. As for the optional items, the following reasons have been given for why someone may choose not to provide:

NAME - Because I want internet anonymity. Just first name or initials are fine. Or nothing at all is fine too.
Bib# - At this point in time, I don't expect anyone to know this. Placeholder for later potentially. Even when we have this info don't give me the 10s or 1s value. So instead of 20457, I'd just want 204XX.
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration: If you know now that you will be starting in a different group than assigned, then give me the group you plan to start in. The estimate for the M/HM should be the estimated finish time you selected (for instance 4:30-5:00 for a M or Dopey). I will assume one starting group on a single HM/M bib for Dopey runners. So whatever your M assignment will be the same as your HM assignment.
Pre-Race Meet-up? - Not required to attend or not attend the meet up. Just gives us an idea of who to look out for morning of.
Early Bird or Late arriver just means whether you think you'll arrive to the meet-up/starting group early in the race morning or late in the race morning.
Front, Middle, Back of corral just means where you plan on lining up when the race starts. This helps people find you easier in a crowd if say two people are in s3, that are early birds, and front people. Then I'd look for your costume on race day. As well it helps with timing to know whether you're closer to the front of your group or back.

Once I "like" your post with the above information in it I have added you to the compiled list.

I will include timing information about the races based on past history but no guarantee they follow the same system as before. I will also include pre-race meetup, HH, and DATW information in the final PDF as well as a slew of other things.

Attached is an example of the 2020 version.

Attachments

• MW 2020 DIS List 2020_01_02 FINAL r.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Yep that's what is happening for me too- obviously they have a month to figure it out so I'll just keep checking

Point of clarification. The waivers for Wine and Dine were around 10/20 without a bib number (link). Runners learned their bib number from their "Expo Pass" on 10/29 (link). Which all occurred before the Expo (packet pickup) on 11/4 where starting group information was revealed. So MW is following the same trend with no bib numbers on waivers, but it should be assumed that the Expo pass will have them (according to the Guide that will be on/around 1/3/22 for MW). As well as the Runner Tracking (11/1) had bib number info and more.

But given this realization, I might need to put the DIS list together before that. Because that doesn't give a ton of time. I think given we've got six starting groups per group it should be easy enough to guess what starting group everyone is in based solely on registration estimated time. Where I'm going to have to take more of a stab at it is the start time end of it, because I was going to use the bib data information to determine that with more accuracy (was hoping to get a general idea of number of participants and rough number within each starting group).

Thanks for clarifying- I apologize for putting bib numbers instead of corals on my post as that was incorrect. For me- bib numbers were just a way to know what coral I was in and I was right on the border between two corals and that's what I was thinking in my head

RACE - Dopey Challenge
NAME - Regiswred under Taylor Wyss prefer to be called Sophia
DIS'er name -
StarGirl11
Costume/Clothing -
5k- Tardis Dress, 10k - Eda Clawthorne not sure about half/full. Will be in a blue wheelchair after the 5 and possibly 10 with other people so that’s probably the easiest way to spot me. Will post what I know I’m doing for the half/full
Bib# -
Estimated Pace/POT from Registration -
AWD so not applicable
(Yes or No) No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No) Depends on time we have a walk over so if it’s too late I can’t make them
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - Same thing as above with the AWD
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Early Bird
Expected Race Pace -
Just finish for the 5. No clue for the other three.

Thanks @DopeyBadger for compiling this!

RACE - 5K
NAME - Kim
DIS'er name - The Expert
Costume/Clothing - Electric Water Pageant (complete with flashing lights and music!)
Bib# - TBD
Estimated Pace/POT from Registration - 10-12mm
(Yes or No) No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No) Yes
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - middle
Early Bird or Late Arriver - early
Expected Race Pace -15-16mm

RACE - 10K
NAME - Kim
DIS'er name - The Expert
Costume/Clothing - 1971 VIP Tour Guide
Bib# - TBD
(Yes or No) No
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - middle
Expected Race Pace - 15-16mm (stepdad joining and I'll be walking his pace)

RACE - Half
NAME - Kim
DIS'er name - The Expert
Costume/Clothing - HM Tightrope Walker
Bib# - TBD
Estimated Pace/POT from Registration - 5:01-5:30
(Yes or No) No
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - front
Expected Race Pace - 12-14mm

RACE - Full
NAME - Kim
DIS'er name - The Expert
Costume/Clothing - Orange Bird
Bib# - TBD
Estimated Pace/POT from Registration - 5:01-5:30
(Yes or No) No
Expected Race Pace - 12-14mm (or whatever I have left!)

Last edited:
RACE - Half
DIS'er name - The Expert

RACE - Full
DIS'er name - The Expert

For your HM/M estimated pace, you couldn't put 10-12mm. You had to put something for the marathon like 4:30-5:00. Your 10-12mm is 4:22 to 5:15 which covers multiple possible options (4:00-4:30, 4:30-5:00, 5:00-5:30, etc). So what did you have on your registration?

RACE - 5k
NAME - Melissa
DIS'er name -
MissLiss279
Costume/Clothing -
running skirt
Bib# -
8:01-10:00
No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - Maybe
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - If s1 middle to back; if later group, front
Expected Race Pace -
8-8:30

RACE - 10k
NAME - Melissa
DIS'er name -
MissLiss279
Costume/Clothing -
running skirt
Bib# -
8:01-10:00
No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - Maybe
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - If s1 middle to back; if later group, front
Expected Race Pace -
9ish

RACE - Half Marathon
NAME - Melissa
DIS'er name -
MissLiss279
Costume/Clothing -
running skirt, maybe with Cheshire Cat shirt??
Bib# -
3:58:08 Marathon POT
No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - Probably
Expected Race Pace -
10-11

RACE - Half Marathon
NAME - Melissa
DIS'er name -
MissLiss279
Costume/Clothing -
running skirt
Bib# -
3:58:08 Marathon POT
No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - Probably
Expected Race Pace -
11ish

For your HM/M estimated pace, you couldn't put 10-12mm. You had to put something for the marathon like 4:30-5:00. Your 10-12mm is 4:22 to 5:15 which covers multiple possible options (4:00-4:30, 4:30-5:00, 5:00-5:30, etc). So what did you have on your registration?

Oops sorry! Got on a roll there. I put in 5:01-5:30.

RACE - Goofy
NAME -Monica
DIS'er name -mrebuck
Costume/Clothing -
Mike Wazowski for half and Minne Mouse for full
Bib# -
TBD
Estimated Pace/POT from Registration
- 4-4:30
(Yes or No) No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No) No
Expected Race Pace -
12-14MM with pic stops

RACE - Marathon
DIS'er name -
GreatLakes
Costume/Clothing -
Not sure yet but no costume, just weather appropriate running clothing
Bib# -
Estimated Pace/Finish/POT from Registration -
7:15 per mile / 3:10 total
(Yes or No) No
Pre-Race Meet-up? - (Yes or No) Not sure yet
Front, Middle, or Back of starting group - Front
Expected Race Pace -
7:15/mile

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter