Marathon Weekend 2022

Training is going OK. I did the LA Marathon last week, so I should be ok with the distance, but the broken bone in the foot set my running stamina back, so I need to work on that. But knowing my foot is better and can handle the distance is a big relief. I have the Dallas 10k and Half Marathon back to back next month, so I have something to train for. So all in all, I'm doing pretty good.

That 51 freaks me out some. It also tells me that I’m going to getting into the higher mileage (for me) weeks very very soon. And tomorrow starts my for-sure treadmill 2 weeks. It’ll actually start today because we got about 2in of snow and it’s snowing all day, which is trying to stick to the roads at this point.

also time to start nagging DH to do SOME sort of training so he doesn’t hate the 10k. 😂

SAFD: Was doing better until you posted only 51 days to go!

Generally ok where things are in my training. Have had a couple set backs so not where I would like to be if the training cycle went perfect, but still able to move forward and get the needed mileage in. I wasn't planning on really racing any of my 3 distances MW, so as long as I can keep moving forward without injury, I'll take it!

^^^THIS!!!^^^
Frankly, I'm more worried about getting my costumes done in time to do test runs than being ready for the races. I just want to finish upright and uninjured, so from that perspective, things are on track.

SAFD: Things were going well, until I developed some random calf strain in my right leg. Of course, it's nothing I have ever had before, because why not throw a new curveball in to make training interesting. I took about 1-1/2 weeks off to see if it would heal. Ironically, it's the period in my original @DopeyBadger plan that I would have been off with no training due to a Hawaii trip that was eventually canceled. So I figured why not.

Happy to say that it seems to have gone away, and I ran this weekend--although now that I look at it, I overshot the original plan and undershot the revised. Oh, well.

I had a PB in a half marathon this weekend that would get me in the sub 4:00 group. It's too late to submit it, but do they take recent races into account for a possible corral change at the Expo?

They will typically only consider corral changes at the Expo if you can show that they made a mistake placing you based on your submission. I highly doubt they’ll make a change based on a race run after the deadline. What’s the purpose of the deadline, if so?

SAFD: I’m working my way through a @DopeyBadger plan and am very happy with how this training cycle is going! Just driving home today from 10 nights at Fort Wilderness that included the W&D 10K! The Fort is one of my favorite places to run, and the excitement of Disney races will make 51 days fly by! Still unsure of our resort plans, because we got an email about being relocated from All Star Sports but haven’t heard yet where they would move us. Thinking about running a marathon for the first time still freaks me out, but I saw a sign in a store at Disney Springs that said, “If not now, when?” That will be my mantra going forward!

SAFD: Training is going ok. Our goal is to run fast enough to stop for all of the characters and be in less pain than our first Dopey in 2019! I still remember almost breaking down in tears running through Epcot because my feet hurt so much. That memory is fueling my determination to train more this time around. It will still hurt... I just want it to hurt less! :-)

Hardest part about training so far isn't running the miles... it's everything after the weekend long runs... laundry, groceries, kids sporting events, family get-togethers, etc. There is no pause button for all that!

SAFD: it was hard to jump back into training this week after the W&D half. I really wanted to take a week off, but after doing a small taper the week before I knew I had to jump back in. The long run yesterday was pretty lonely compared to the 13 the week before! And I am making the switch from Garmin to Apple Watch. I forgot to restart after a light, so ended up doing around 15 instead of 14.

SAFD: I don't feel good about training right now. My long runs have been really hard. I did a half marathon a couple of weeks ago, and even though I was using it as a training run, and not "racing," it was by far my slowest ever. Last week, I did a 15 mile training run, which was tough. Yesterday, I backed down and did 12, and it was also tough (It did follow a four mile run the afternoon before). I've had trouble keeping my heart rate down, even during slow runs since coming back from MW 2020 with the flu and Covid. I'm finally seeing some progress on that front with the help of a lot of training, a cardiologist, and some medication, but it's not where it should be.
I'm having a medical procedure tomorrow (unrelated to the heart stuff) which will keep me from running for about a week. I'm worried about what that will do in terms of derailing training further. DH and I are doing Goofy, and I have no time goals except to finish the full courses ahead of the balloon ladies, have fun, and get lots of pictures.
I'm signed up to do a local 8k on Thanksgiving Day, so that may tell me something about how far behind schedule I am, assuming that I'm able to run again by then.
I also have not made any progress on costumes. After coming up with ideas, I haven't actually done any sewing. I've been busy trying to get everything caught up ahead of this medical procedure, and I don't feel like I have time for things like that right now. I feel the days slipping away quickly. I'm also running the Princess Half, so I need to work on several costumes.
I really hope I'm feeling good about things by our next training check-in, but right now--yikes!

SAFD: Knock on wood, fingers crossed and anything else that helps, training is great. Ran two marathons last month plus Wine and Dine, PRd all four distances in the last six weeks and have managed to miss only 2 short runs due to overdoing it throughout all of 2021. Hoping for a fantastic Dopey.

SAFD: I looked at my training plan at the beginning of the week and it hit me that it's grind time- runs are going to get really long and legs are going to get really tired. With that said though, I'm feeling pretty good! I had a huge half marathon PR a few weeks ago and had a steady 15 mile long run yesterday. Excited to see everyone!

SAFD: I did not realize we are down to 51 days :-( Training is not going great. I took this weekend off due to recurrent ankle pain issues. Hoping a week without a long run will be sufficient to calm things down. I do fine with half marathon mileage, but anytime I ramp up to marathon distances my ankle acts up. I was hoping with no races x 2 years and taking things easy I would be fully healed but it appears not. I now worry if I go through with Dopey I'll have a much longer ankle recovery time on the other side.

SAFD: Just keep swimming, just keep swimming. Training is going fine. Worked the Wine & Dine Challenge into the training program, so this week ended up being a step back week. The mileage will ramp up further starting next week, but so far all is well.

SAFD: Training is going well. I've hit all my workouts and other than moving around a few runs due to other commitments haven't missed anything.

Had a 16 mile run today totally in snow and other than having soaking feet at the end I still hit the time target. Next weekend will be a challenge but I'm up for it. 15k trail run I'm racing as part of a series Saturday, half marathon as part of 16 Mike's Sunday including 10 at marathon pace, then a suite for the Brown Lions right after.

I think I'm still on pace to BQ by 10 minutes which is the goal but 50 days is a lot of time for things to turn for the worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter