Marathon Weekend 2022

I was hoping to do the Dopey this year. Then, as a medical provider during the COVID surge, I wasn’t sure I’d be able to get time off. Then the race sold out and things have cooled down at work. I was able to get a marathon bib a couple of weeks ago when I saw it available but really wanted all the beautiful 50th anniversary medals. Today, Dopey was available and I registered. Now I have 2 registrations for the marathon. Any chance, runDisney will refund the marathon bib? Can I get my BF to run with me with the extra bib?

You could’ve upgraded your marathon bib to a Dopey bib electronically through the “Change Category” option under “Edit Your Registration“. Now your best bet is probably to call RunDisney and see if they’ll refund you the cost of the marathon bib minus the upgrade fee they charge. They won’t transfer it to someone else, though. They’re very strict on the no bib transfers policy.

Is this a thing in the Disney app?

Yes! Under the Genie section of the app, you can choose either My Day or Tip Board. Under Tip Board, you can choose either experiences or dining. I chose dining and got a list of restaurants - some have mobile order windows listed, some have actual ADR availability and some have wait list. The wait list for Le Cellier was listed as 35 minutes, but we received a text moments later saying our table was ready.

It must be somewhere else on the app for resort dining, but I'm not sure where. We planned on counter service breakfast after the half but decided to see what might be available at the last minute. My husband tried to add us to the virtual wait list for Kona but it disappeared by the time he clicked, so he added us to the virtual wait list for Ale and Compass.

Yes! Under the Genie section of the app, you can choose either My Day or Tip Board. Under Tip Board, you can choose either experiences or dining. I chose dining and got a list of restaurants - some have mobile order windows listed, some have actual ADR availability and some have wait list. The wait list for Le Cellier was listed as 35 minutes, but we received a text moments later saying our table was ready.

It must be somewhere else on the app for resort dining, but I'm not sure where. We planned on counter service breakfast after the half but decided to see what might be available at the last minute. My husband tried to add us to the virtual wait list for Kona but it disappeared by the time he clicked, so he added us to the virtual wait list for Ale and Compass.

Thanks. Checking it out now--I will have to give Disney kudos for this. Their IT is usually a cluster--the fact that they are offering this is good. I have used mobile ordering since they started to offer it. This is a nice added feature. And I see they even have some table service "to go".

I was hoping to do the Dopey this year. Then, as a medical provider during the COVID surge, I wasn’t sure I’d be able to get time off. Then the race sold out and things have cooled down at work. I was able to get a marathon bib a couple of weeks ago when I saw it available but really wanted all the beautiful 50th anniversary medals. Today, Dopey was available and I registered. Now I have 2 registrations for the marathon. Any chance, runDisney will refund the marathon bib? Can I get my BF to run with me with the extra bib?

I'd call and explain the situation. Since you basically upgraded they may be more willing to work with you than just a cancellation. It doesn't hurt to ask, at the very least maybe you get a partial refund or account credit.

Definitely contact them. I was originally registered for the 5K, 10K and Half. I upgraded my half to Dopey on the website and then they were able to refund me the 5K and 10K.

I was at Citricos last week and asked about V&A. He said spring ‘22. Here’s to hoping it’s open by Springtime Surprise!

Let's hope you're right! I so miss that restaurant.

Takumi Tei had mentioned today on Instagram that they are doing a Japanese whisky blending event at the end of this month. It will be accompanied with a 5 course tasting menu. I really really hope this is the start of Mitsukoshi planning on reopening that restaurant.

Edit: a letter.

Last edited:
Thanks. Checking it out now--I will have to give Disney kudos for this. Their IT is usually a cluster--the fact that they are offering this is good. I have used mobile ordering since they started to offer it. This is a nice added feature. And I see they even have some table service "to go".

I do too - this was great and the app worked! My husband needed to work from the resort on Friday and he appreciated the "to go" from Ale and Compass.

I should add an extra note re mobile order. We've used it from the start too and really loved it in the past. Disney is definitely promoting it more and increasing awareness. In one case, a CM was posted outside the door asking people to use mobile order instead of the counter because they had 4 or 5 mobile order pickup lanes and just one counter open. Bottom line is there are now so many mobile orders that we waited in lines to pick up our mobile order! Also, we tried to order early. Example: at YC after the 10K, ordered Woody's Lunch Box before we started walking to DHS because the first available window was nearly 1.5 hours from the time we placed the order. I still appreciate it, it's just different from what we experienced in the past.

But they made up for it with last-minute ADR availability and walk-up lists!

I do too - this was great and the app worked! My husband needed to work from the resort on Friday and he appreciated the "to go" from Ale and Compass.

I should add an extra note re mobile order. We've used it from the start too and really loved it in the past. Disney is definitely promoting it more and increasing awareness. In one case, a CM was posted outside the door asking people to use mobile order instead of the counter because they had 4 or 5 mobile order pickup lanes and just one counter open. Bottom line is there are now so many mobile orders that we waited in lines to pick up our mobile order! Also, we tried to order early. Example: at YC after the 10K, ordered Woody's Lunch Box before we started walking to DHS because the first available window was nearly 1.5 hours from the time we placed the order. I still appreciate it, it's just different from what we experienced in the past.

But they made up for it with last-minute ADR availability and walk-up lists!

I really hope mobile ordering doesn't become "yet another thing that requires advance planning". It then defeats the purpose of convenience/line avoidance and becomes just another way Disney reduces labor costs.

I really hope mobile ordering doesn't become "yet another thing that requires advance planning". It then defeats the purpose of convenience/line avoidance and becomes just another way Disney reduces labor costs.

Disney does allow people to pick the time of day that they want to pick up, and for some popular times, like between 11:30 and 1:00, the popular QS places will run out of slots. Take it as you will.

I am feeling old. I just want to go to the parks pick a quick service to eat at and go there, wait in line, order my food and eat. Mobile order is just one more thing that has to be done on an app. I would so prefer to just put my phone away.

Ok, I need to head outside and yell at kids for walking on my lawn!

I am feeling old. I just want to go to the parks pick a quick service to eat at and go there, wait in line, order my food and eat. Mobile order is just one more thing that has to be done on an app. I would so prefer to just put my phone away.

Ok, I need to head outside and yell at kids for walking on my lawn!

At least it cuts out the waiting in line part.

At least it cuts out the waiting in line part.

In our experience last weekend, there were so many mobile orders that we had to wait in line to pick up our mobile orders. We noticed fewer registers and more lanes dedicated to mobile order pickup. At one place in particular, there was only one register left. The CM promised us mobile order is still faster!

In our experience last weekend, there were so many mobile orders that we had to wait in line to pick up our mobile orders. We noticed fewer registers and more lanes dedicated to mobile order pickup. At one place in particular, there was only one register left. The CM promised us mobile order is still faster!

We had the opposite experience. We’d place our order and hit “we’re here” when we were ready to start walking over to the restaurant. We’d generally get the “order ready” notification about the time we got there and there was never more than one person at the counter picking up ahead of us. It could depend on when you’re ordering, I guess, but the only time we ever waited in a line was when we went to a counter service that didn’t have mobile ordering.

SAFD:
I was able to get the ADRs I wanted, thanks in part to a friend who is getting there earlier and booked Space lunch reservations after the 10k. I was able to get Ohana after the marathon, which is my usual place to celebrate. And 2020 was my first Dopey and I did brunch at Homecomin' after the half so that I wouldn't go to the parks that day. It worked out well, so I am doing that again. Also got Boma, Steakhouse 71, and Crystal Palace that week.

We had the opposite experience. We’d place our order and hit “we’re here” when we were ready to start walking over to the restaurant. We’d generally get the “order ready” notification about the time we got there and there was never more than one person at the counter picking up ahead of us. It could depend on when you’re ordering, I guess, but the only time we ever waited in a line was when we went to a counter service that didn’t have mobile ordering.
Mobile ordering was awesome last weekend - we would place our breakfast order while riding the post-race bus and pick it up while walking from the bus stop to our room --- perfection!

Yay!! I'm holding out hope for Marathon Weekend!

Good morning, runDisney all-stars! We are 51 days from the start of Marathon Weekend!

With barely 50 days to go, this Sundays are for Disney feels like a pretty good time for a training check in! How is everyone feeling with about seven weeks to go?

Have a great week, everyone!

SAFD: Was doing better until you posted only 51 days to go!

Generally ok where things are in my training. Have had a couple set backs so not where I would like to be if the training cycle went perfect, but still able to move forward and get the needed mileage in. I wasn't planning on really racing any of my 3 distances MW, so as long as I can keep moving forward without injury, I'll take it!

SAFD: I can't believe it's so close! Training is going really well. Just got new shoes this week so I'm feeling good about that. I had a cold last week that's just about gone so I'll be glad to get a run in without my nose running everywhere! Is it too early to start obsessing about the weather yet? :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter