Marathon Weekend 2022

Have the 22 routes been released yet ? I'm interested in the half.

Disney won't be releasing them until the guide comes out like already mentioned but if you poke around you can sometimes find their certification request online elsewhere. I think in the past someone has found and posted it here once it is found.

I have no clue what Gummi Bears are.

I loved the Disney Afternoon as a kid and they were one of the shows in that lineup. My favorite was actually TaleSpin which was a combination of Jungle Book and new characters.

I'm loving all the 80s/90s kids on this thread.

My first Disney marathon, Launchpad McQuack was out on the course (I heard later that he rotated with Darkwing Duck, who I also love, but not as much as DuckTales).

I would die for a DuckTales cast photo. Or Rescue Rangers. Or TaleSpin.

After my Disney half, I specifically went to Animal Kingdom to find Scrooge McDuck for a photo - we "talked" about his crazy nephew Donald and how Scrooge needed his own race with a medal to show up that duck. Instead, he showed me the giant trophy that he had, and I admitted that it was way better than my tiny medal.

At one of the January races (I don't recall if it was Half or Full), we got picture with Scrooge and Launchpad. It was as amazing as you'd expect. :teeth:

Do they change that much from the W&D 1/2 usually?

They are different from the W&D courses, but they do not change that much from year to year. The marathon weekend courses all start/finish in the Epcot parking lot, so the 5K, 10K, and half are typically the same from year to year (the 5k will probably be the same as W&D). The marathon course changed significantly in 2020, so it's possible that they could make changes based on what did/did not work for that course.

Do they change that much from the W&D 1/2 usually?
There have traditionally been two half marathon routes: Princess and MW have roughly the same (up to MK and back to Epcot), and W&D/Star Wars have the other (down from MK parking lot to AK/HS/Epcot). The Star Wars weekend is done now, replaced by Springtime Surprise Weekend, which is still a surprise since we don't know anything about that one aside from the dates.

Has anyone run in one of those goofy or Pluto hats with the extra long bill? I’m working on DH’s running costume and genie is his absolute favorite character so I’m trying to put together tourist genie and the hat is really a big part of it (IMO) but he’s not sold on the hat. I’m not sure if he’s concerned about the bill flopping around or it being too hot to run in or what.

They also have time qualifier spots which are easier than Boston (at least for older runners), so that's worth a look if you want to run Chicago.
Wow, I had not realized how big of a gap there was… Now, I am almost looking forward to turn 50… in a few years 😅 If only Boston could do the same 😜

Wow, I had not realized how big of a gap there was… Now, I am almost looking forward to turn 50… in a few years 😅 If only Boston could do the same 😜

Tell me about it - the year I turned 50 was the same year Boston rolled back their BQ times by 5 minutes, so that extra 5:00 I was so looking forward to went <poof>! What the BAA giveth, the BAA taketh away!

They also have time qualifier spots which are easier than Boston (at least for older runners), so that's worth a look if you want to run Chicago.

I am surprised at the date cutoff--it seems to indicate Jan, 2019--which means my hip-stress-fracture-slow Boston run/walk of 2019 would still get me in! But I'm in for NYC, so will probably pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter