• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2022

So if I'm not an annual pass holder, is it a safe assumption I should buy any park tickets I want for race weekend now to avoid being locked out after the races?

I would recommend it, yes. I'd also go ahead and make park reservations if you know what parks you want to do on what days.

I am new to all of this, sorry if this is well known. Will there be a kid run this year?

Allegedly there will be but until something is announced and we can register I wouldn't call it a guarantee. They have indicated they are changing the kids event but haven't given us anything more on that topic that I've seen.

Officially registered for *just* the half this morning. I'm sure that's not enough to be a part of #TeamJust but maybe we can start a Team Half Crazy.

I did contemplate Goofy for a minute, but the main reason I'm running the half and not the full is because my schedule isn't going to allow for proper training for a full. Luckily, Real-time Katie was concerned about Future Katie for once and I didn't do anything stupid.

Allegedly there will be but until something is announced and we can register I wouldn't call it a guarantee. They have indicated they are changing the kids event but haven't given us anything more on that topic that I've seen.

Speculation is that the kid events are TBD based on vaccinations being widely available to those age groups.

I haven't made it to a Disney marathon weekend in about ten years, but I'll be there in January for my first Dopey.
I did a half what seems like forever ago, then did a Goofy, so now I'm committed on the D.
I didn't even know about the Dopey back when I did the Goofy, but once I heard about it, it has been on my mind as a goal. Work and kids schedule will allow for this coming January, plus working at home the past year has made more training possible, so this seems like the opportunity.

I was on the old Disney running forums for my prior races, hoping this is the replacement place to be. Looking forward to being there and hopefully joining up with some group(s) for dinners, park visits, socializing, etc. I'll probably be wearing my old orange Disney Running hat and shirt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter