• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2022

I appreciate everyone’s feedback so far, but here is the correct Top 10 list of Disney mountains:

10. You
9. Can’t
8. Rank
7. The Mountains
6. Because
5. Each
4. Has
3. Unique
2. Value
1. Splash

🙄 Whatever, Mr. Beer-powered running machine. It's National Beer Day - why are you here on the boards when you should be out celebrating (I mean fueling up)!?!?

Admittedly though, I can't say for certain you're wrong either....

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what are your favorite portions of any Disney race (past or present)? If you haven’t run a Disney race, which part are you most looking forward to?

1. Main Street, USA
2. World Showcase
3. Boardwalk area

My caveat to those answers is I enjoy them most in the dark. The lights, the torches and just the overall ambiance is unbeatable.

Honorable Mention goes to the first mile of the marathon. There’s something so nice and calm about relative silence in the dark except for the pitter-patter of hundreds of running shoes. I’m glad there’s not a more frenetic start to the race.

Have a safe and healthy week, everyone.

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, what are your favorite portions of any Disney race (past or present)? If you haven’t run a Disney race, which part are you most looking forward to?

Unfortunately, I have only attended two runDisney races, and they were both Star Wars Dark Side weekends, but I will say that the half marathon Battle of Endor sounds/lasers was pretty darn cool. What I look forward to (although no clue when this might happen) is running through MK (Main Street, castle, etc.).

1. Main Street, USA
2. World Showcase
3. Boardwalk area

Definitely Main Street, which is why I'm drearming of the Princess Challenge to be my first rD race. Crossing my fingers for 2022!

My parents used to have a DVC at the Boardwalk, and I ran a lot of laps around the lake in college. I loved reaching that area in 2019 and thought “I’m home!” It didn’t matter I haven’t stayed there in a long time now.

World Showcase is also nice for the real bathrooms :P. I was finally there when it was dark enough to see the torches lit for the Princess 10k.

Last edited:
SAFD:

Mike: The MK parking lot entrance when you run under the Magic Kingdom sign. That's the moment it really feels like I'm running a Disney race.

Amanda: Nothing beats Main Street U.S.A, my 2nd would be Animal Kingdom near Everest (the relief point, I'm halfway done and that's my pit stop area :rotfl2:) and 3rd would be the Boardwalk area.

SAFD: Adding on to the other places mentioned (cause who wouldn't like running up Main St, or World Showcase with all the torches lit)....

1. Any "backstage" area--you get a chance to see behind the magic. I especially like behind Splash Mountain where they have the parade floats and the costume area of Studios.
2. The real Gospel Choir at the end of the half/full. It is so wonderful to hear beautiful voices and know you're at the end of the race.
3. I always liked the "Burma Shave" signs along Floridian Way. It was nice to have something that make you laugh/smile.

1. Main Street, USA
2. World Showcase
3. Boardwalk area

World Showcase in the dark at the start of the full is my absolute favorite part of a Disney race course. It’s a shame they don’t use those old courses anymore.

I have only done one Disney race--a Dark Side half marathon--and I kind of liked the part on the path between HS and Boardwalk. Everybody was funneled down into the smaller walking path and it forced everyone to slow down, haha. Running through-ish Pandora was nice too.

For my first marathon--I'm looking at you, Marathon Weekend 2022, when we gonna get some news!?--I anticipate my favorite part being the end.

SAFD: I’ll break my favorite segments up into marathon and non-marathon:

Marathon
  1. Entering the MK and turning down Main Street USA to see the castle lit up in all its glory
  2. Coming through the International Gateway and rounding the World Showcase. “Let’s Go Fly a Kite” blaring through the speakers provides a big lift as it feels like a long journey is reaching its end.
non-Marathon
  1. Running around the World Showcase in the dark with the torches lit during the 5k and 10k.

SAFD:

I have only done two half marathons, but love Main Street USA. It is amazing when it is dark out and all the lights are on.

I also have to agree with @jmasgat ... behind splash was amazing! I was in awe seeing the Maleficent dragon float.

Although full of construction walls last January, running through EPCOT and seeing the Cosmic Rewind backstage was cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter