Marathon Weekend 2020

I’m lukewarm on all the medals thus far. The 10K is the only one that stands out for me. It has an interesting color scheme and seems to incorporate more of that throwback theme.

Fingers crossed for a great marathon medal, but I’m not going to lose sleep over any of these designs.

I appreciate you all allowing me to vent. I know these are just rendering and all, but these just don’t look like the quality of race medals from 2016, 2017 and 2018 that I’ve participated in from the past.

Running through the parks will be great. And so will the liquid cheese and chips snack box at the end as well. Plus character photos and times with friends. Just stinks that this ... well, is what we are going to remember this weekend with and hang on our walls. (Does this mean that Dopey 3: Oh god I Mean It This Time, No More! will have to happen in 2022?)

No Oreos which is why I want Oreos.

They were gluten free pretzels btw

All I know is in 17, I scarfed down the baggie of tortilla chips without even realizing there was cheese in there, too.

I appreciate you all allowing me to vent. I know these are just rendering and all, but these just don’t look like the quality of race medals from 2016, 2017 and 2018 that I’ve participated in from the past.

Running through the parks will be great. And so will the liquid cheese and chips snack box at the end as well. Plus character photos and times with friends. Just stinks that this ... well, is what we are going to remember this weekend with and hang on our walls. (Does this mean that Dopey 3: Oh god I Mean It This Time, No More! will have to happen in 2022?)

It’s okay to be disappointed and maybe the medals will look better in person. Fortunately, they’re just one aspect of that race weekend.

We all place different values on the different parts of the experience. Gun to my head, I couldn’t tell you what the Dopey medal looked like this year, but I could tell you all about meeting @garneska and @run.minnie.miles at HH, about the shots I had with @rteetz and @jennamfeo before the 5K, about staying up way too late with my girls before the full.

It’s going to be a great, memorable weekend no matter what. But I am sorry you’re so bummed about the medals.

I’m warming to them, but I absolutely reserve the right to get triggered if the final products fall short. :rotfl2:

I love seeing all of the impressions and opinions here regardless of whether they align with mine. Vent away.

I'm not signed up even though I want to because I love the marathon, but I kind of like the medals. However, they aren't making me instantly sign up & forgot all common sense & go crazy. I still don't care for Oswald being added in. It will be interesting on Minnie if she ends up on the marathon medal or not since she got on Castaway Cay. It is funny how this year's Goofy medal moves, but for the 15th I'm not seeing anything that could be move-able.

Edit - right as I post I see the marathon medal is released on youtube I guess. Looks cool!

I'm not signed up even though I want to because I love the marathon, but I kind of like the medals. However, they aren't making me instantly sign up & forgot all common sense & go crazy. I still don't care for Oswald being added in. It will be interesting on Minnie if she ends up on the marathon medal or not since she got on Castaway Cay. It is funny how this year's Goofy medal moves, but for the 15th I'm not seeing anything that could be move-able.

Edit - right as I post I see the marathon medal is released on youtube I guess. Looks cool!
Love it times 100! It will be my favorite ever maybe, and I have the 25th anniversary which I like a lot. Still digesting that Goofy one.

Loving the Full medal! That and Dopey are currently my favorites. I think I really need to see the others in person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter