Marathon Weekend 2020

93. The lady—I believe her name was Peggy Sue—who, until her death, was at all the rD events with her sign that said “Hello, Complete Stranger, I’m Proud of You, Too!” She was usually near the end of the race.
I wonder if she was the lady I saw early on in the 2011 Disneyland Half Marathon. It was much earlier in the race even before we went into Disneyland, but seeing that lady with her sign gave me a much needed boost as I would not quite believe that I was going to finish that race until about mile 12 or so.

I wonder if she was the lady I saw early on in the 2011 Disneyland Half Marathon. It was much earlier in the race even before we went into Disneyland, but seeing that lady with her sign gave me a much needed boost as I would not quite believe that I was going to finish that race until about mile 12 or so.
That was probably her. I think she went to all the DL races, too. I read an article about her after she died. The races where I saw her, she was using a mobility scooter, and she had filled the basket with candy for the runners.

That was probably her. I think she went to all the DL races, too. I read an article about her after she died. The races where I saw her, she was using a mobility scooter, and she had filled the basket with candy for the runners.
Thanks for that. It's nice to possibly put a name to her face. I think of her every race, especially when I see someone who has a sign like hers.

108. Riding Dumbo at night before park close
109. the music from the mainstreet electrical parade
110. upstairs at columbia harbor house
111. early morning watching the ducks hang around Haunted Mansion and Rivers of America before all the people show up
112. looking for remnants or homages to old attractions in the new ones
113. watching fireworks from the people mover
114. walking across the stones near Space ship earth with the little lights in them at night
115. waving feverishly at characters as they walk by while forgetting that I am an adult

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter