Maps of best viewing areas?

SA mom

DIS Veteran
The last time we visited Disneyland (about 10 years ago) someone had posted some excellent maps of the best viewing areas for Fantasmic!, World of Color, fireworks, and parades. I want to say Hydroguy posted them. I cannot find those anywhere. I've tried various links but I get the 404 error.

Does anyone know where I can find something like that? The maps were color coded with suggestions on times to arrive and there were tips like standing behind particular trash cans, etc.

I really do miss all the information HydroGuy provided. Maps and other information was so helpful when planning a trip. However I think his maps might need updated now. There have seen mentions of a change to River Belle and Blue Bayou Fantasmic viewing sections. Hopefully someone who visits the park frequently can give us updated information

The last time we visited Disneyland (about 10 years ago) someone had posted some excellent maps of the best viewing areas for Fantasmic!, World of Color, fireworks, and parades. I want to say Hydroguy posted them. I cannot find those anywhere. I've tried various links but I get the 404 error.

Does anyone know where I can find something like that? The maps were color coded with suggestions on times to arrive and there were tips like standing behind particular trash cans, etc.
Try looking on disneylanddaily.com. There are good articles there with updated maps.

Can anyone that has done a Fantasmic dining package recently give an update of the current viewing areas? I checked the disneylanddaily map but it has a date of August 2017 and is the same as I experienced in 2019 with HB on left, BB in the middle, and RB on the right facing stage. There were some reports this had changed. I found this recent viewing area map but not sure if it is accurate. Also can anyone report the current entry point for each viewing section. Really appreciate any insight you can provide.

Attachments

• 2022-11-04.png
    2022-11-04.png
    480.7 KB · Views: 36

I really do miss all the information HydroGuy provided. Maps and other information was so helpful when planning a trip. However I think his maps might need updated now. There have seen mentions of a change to River Belle and Blue Bayou Fantasmic viewing sections. Hopefully someone who visits the park frequently can give us updated information

Yeah @HydroGuy was one of the best regular around here. Just as an FYI, his signature was changed some time ago to a "goodbye letter to Disney," so I don't expect him to return soon.

It's definitely been hard lately, I still believe it's a special place but something seems off about the current leadership and/or social media has spoiled too much of the magic. However, I still read enough good here to keep me optimistic it's worth returning.

Wondering if anyone had updates on best viewing spots?
I’m hoping to get a 2nd showing to fantasmic. I’ve never got to see it because it’s always closed when we have gone. is it best to stay put for fireworks? we got to watch fireworks once in 2016 (last visit!) and it was really cool watching them on Main Street with projections on the buildings. But I don’t think we could make it to Main Street?
best tips? Should we do 1st showing at fantasmic? I book tomorrow, I’m going to try to get hungry bear reservations.

Wondering if anyone had updates on best viewing spots?
I’m hoping to get a 2nd showing to fantasmic. I’ve never got to see it because it’s always closed when we have gone. is it best to stay put for fireworks? we got to watch fireworks once in 2016 (last visit!) and it was really cool watching them on Main Street with projections on the buildings. But I don’t think we could make it to Main Street?
best tips? Should we do 1st showing at fantasmic? I book tomorrow, I’m going to try to get hungry bear reservations.
NeverMind, I looked up videos. Fireworks after the 1st show and there’s projections on the water. I think we will do that.

NeverMind, I looked up videos. Fireworks after the 1st show and there’s projections on the water. I think we will do that.
I think that's a good idea. The crowds all going to Main St. at that time are so crazy. We've watched the Fireworks after Fantasmic from ROA area and it was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter