Make Your Own Magic! January 2022 Exercise Thread

In a crazy twist of events, instead of moving to Florida, we'll be moving to Boston. :faint: We've never been there, so we hopped on a plane on Friday. It's certainly not Central Florida, but we'll give it a try.

Wow, that is a difference! (But I love the Boston area:love:)

I moved here (a bit south of Boston itself) from a tiny town in upstate NY, and worked in Boston for a while years ago. I love being surrounded by so much history, having great museums and places to eat, and being only a short drive from the beach!

I hope you'll feel very welcome here!! :goodvibes

I was lazy this weekend and didn't do much other then move from the bed to the coach and make dinner. I think after the stress of DD being sick for 3 weeks I just needed to rest. Thankfully she is back to normal and I am back to walking on the treadmill.

Jan 14 -- 61
Jan 15 -- 0
Jan 16 -- 0
Jan 17 -- 0

Total -- 505/930

I was lazy this weekend and didn't do much other then move from the bed to the coach and make dinner. I think after the stress of DD being sick for 3 weeks I just needed to rest. Thankfully she is back to normal and I am back to walking on the treadmill...

So glad she is feeling better!!

(And you're right - sometimes moms need to rest!)

Wow, that is a difference! (But I love the Boston area:love:)
I hope you'll feel very welcome here!! :goodvibes

Awww thanks for the welcome! As a Florida girl, I do have a few questions - mostly about how many and what kind of coats I need. Is it okay to private message you on the DIS boards?

Awww thanks for the welcome! As a Florida girl, I do have a few questions - mostly about how many and what kind of coats I need. Is it okay to private message you on the DIS boards?

Of course!

32 minutes. Crazy treadmill thought: What if the race fees that I pay RunDisney are just the cost to motivate myself to run and not related to actually running the race at all? I mean, with things being the way they are there's a strong chance I'm not going to travel for the race...but having paid that race fee gets me on the treadmill in the cold (so cold!) dark mornings. At this point actually going to Disney would feel like a bonus.

243/500 - 49% <-- I feel like I'm falling behind, should have hit 50% by the 15th blah blah blah. Need to get my numbers up!

feel like I'm falling behind, should have hit 50% by the 15th blah blah blah. Need to get my numbers up!
Don't worry! There's still time to catch up! And I imagine you've been busy with your surprising turn of events. Boston? I bet you've been cold lately!

Congratulations to piglet1979 for reaching Practice Purple!

In honor of Raya's new home, how about a Disney home decor idea?

I'm a big fan of this Disney World attraction gallery wall, which requires zero DIY skills and 9 picture frames from IKEA. The author of the blog links where they found their vintage poster prints for the project, but it looks like all the links are broken. But a quick search on etsy yields tons of results and from pretty reasonable prices as well! I really like it! I have my own Disney gallery wall in a guest bedroom in my house. I love that room and spend a lot of time in there.

+65

735/1000

We already have a larger-scale Disney gallery!

2827085F-B258-4268-A4CE-A537B620D5BC.jpeg

Reproduction posters from Disneyland of 20,000 Leagues and The Haunted Mansion. Frames are from a hotel downtown that was
liquidating all its furnishings. :D (Two more of those frames are in my office, with reproduction NPS posters from Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon.)

Last edited:
Saturday - 10 minutes of yoga
Sunday - 41 minutes of running, 10 minutes of yoga.

Honestly, I haven't had a yoga teacher I clicked with since 2013. Doing yoga at home isn't nearly as much fun. That said, it's good for me. It helps me hurt less. I need to do it. So, starting really small and seeing if I can get into the habit.

304/500 - 61%

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter