Make a Wish Trip Planning

Awww - that was so cute that someone covered you guys up - had DH fallen asleep too? Was he looking for you guys?

The kids look ADORABLE in their Disney Cats and Dogs shirts!!:goodvibes

So our plan for Sunday was to go to breakfast with Spiderman, The Cat in the Hat and Thing 1 and Thing 2. Our outfits for the day:
universalstudios001.jpg
[/IMG]

We had a great time! Spiderman was FANTASTIC!! He was very in character and recognized that Joseph had some issues and helped him down from the booth we were sitting in and spent a nice amount of time with him. It was great!

Thing 1 and Thing 2 were hilarious! Thing 2's handler came up to us and asked us to watch him while he took a "break". While Thing 2 was sitting at the both, he hid the sugar, the ketchup and the kids were trying to feed him and he's hiding stuff in his little pocket. It was really cute. I wish that I could figure out how to upload video.
But here are some pictures!

Abbi and Thing 2
universalstudios004.jpg
[/IMG]

Joseph and Spiderman
universalstudios005.jpg
[/IMG]

Abbi and Spiderman
universalstudios006.jpg
[/IMG]

Joseph smiling for the camera.
universalstudios007.jpg
[/IMG]

universalstudios010.jpg
[/IMG]

This meal for me was great! I'd especially recommend the French Toast that was so yummy!! It was covered with Cinnamon! It was the best French Toast that I've ever had! The buffet was also great. The serving platters were Spiderman, the Cat in the Hat and Thing 1. It was great.

We then went to Seuss Landing and played with all the little toys.
universalstudios017.jpg
[/IMG]

Played in the water area:
universalstudios025.jpg
[/IMG]

Riding the Seuss Carousel:
universalstudios027.jpg
[/IMG]

My daughter running amuck:
universalstudios032.jpg
[/IMG]

My husband and my daughter standing near the Lake at Universal:
universalstudios034.jpg
[/IMG]

We left after this because Joseph got really tired and overheated. We ended up having to push him out in a wheelchair and took him back to the Villa and soaked him down to cool him.
This is what we found when we got "home.":
mawdaypart1050.jpg
[/IMG]

After waking up we decided to order lunch from Katie's Kitchen. I got the Chicken Pot Pie, the kids got Mac and Cheese and my hubby got a chicken sandwich. All the food was wonderful!

After eating, the kids took a nap (and so did Mommy and Daddy). That night was the night of the Candyland party and Joseph decided that he wanted to go. So after going to the Gingerbread House for dinner, we hung out on the Avenue of Angels.

We played with the super cool drawers in the Castle of Miracles:
candylandparty017.jpg
[/IMG]

candylandparty018.jpg
[/IMG]

Since we got home in time, I took Abbi to the "Tea Party" at the La Ti Da Spa.
Here are some pics:
teaparty001.jpg
[/IMG]
teaparty002.jpg
[/IMG]
teaparty003.jpg
[/IMG]
teaparty004.jpg
[/IMG]
teaparty006.jpg
[/IMG]
teaparty007.jpg
[/IMG]
Abbi's "hand-made" pony:
teaparty008.jpg
[/IMG]
Playing in the cave after our "spa time":
candylandparty004.jpg
[/IMG]

Abbi playing in the Castle of Miracles:
candylandparty005.jpg
[/IMG]

Playing at the Candyland Party:
candylandparty020.jpg
[/IMG]

Playing in the cave:
candylandparty029.jpg
[/IMG]

I am so glad you had such a positive experience with Spiderman and Thing 2 at breakfast. The kids looked like they had so much fun!

The castle looks like so much fun. I bet you could stay at GKTW all week long and have a great time!

I LOVE every DVD on the table. JoJo is my favorite! I don't know why! But I just love her and that show. I also love the MM Club!

Breakfast looks like fun. Universal doesn't get the crowds or publicity that disney gets but I really love everything they do. They do it up right! I have never had a bad trip to Universal (although the last one was quite interesting as one ticket was not reading).

Yeah! I am so glad that your breakfast experience was a good one! I am really excited about doing the breakfast with Sam. He loves Spiderman, too so I know he will be so excited.
Loving your report!

Awesome TR so far!! :)

I am so glad that you guys got to meet Spiderman and Thing 1 and Thing 2!

It was so sweet of someone to cover you guys with a blanket!

Loving your TR and can't wait for more!!! :)

Awww - that was so cute that someone covered you guys up - had DH fallen asleep too? Was he looking for you guys?

The kids look ADORABLE in their Disney Cats and Dogs shirts!!:goodvibes

My husband was sound asleep with my daughter back at the villa. I ended up waking him up!

The kids loved there shirts. Joseph wants to wear his when we go to Busch Gardens next month.
We're taking advantage of the Passport GKTW gave us and hitting the two parks in VA. Busch Gardens, which is about 2 hours away and Kings Dominion, which is about 30 minutes away. I'm going to take Abbi to Busch Gardens to have breakfast with Elmo.
It should be a lot of fun.

Well I have a lot of work to do! I'm still unpacking and cleaning, but will be posting another installment of the TR tonight. I'm pretty sure that I forgot our activities for Sat. night, I"m going to have to go and look at our Bunny Book and see.

The plan for Memorial Day:
Magic Kingdom.

What really happened:
Gatorland, Shell World, Orange World.

Here's why:
Well the hubby didn't want to go to the Magic Kingdom on a National Holiday, and looking back, that was probably bad planning on my part.
The morning started out with character photos. We got them taken in shirts that were waiting for us when we got to GKTW.
The kids outfits for the day:
gatorland001.jpg
[/IMG]

Joseph with Mickey and Minnie:
MickeyMinnie10.jpg
[/IMG]

The kids with Mickey and Minnie:
MickeyMinnie11.jpg
[/IMG]

Abbi giving Mickey and Minnie Mommy's mouse ears:
MickeyMinnie7.jpg
[/IMG]

The kids and pluto:
OutsideDisney26.jpg
[/IMG]

Mommy, the kids and Pluto:
OutsideDisney27.jpg
[/IMG]

Goofy (Joseph's favorite) and the kids:
gatorland004.jpg
[/IMG]

Abbi fascinated by Mary Poppins parasol:
gatorland005.jpg
[/IMG]

Mary Poppins and the kids:
gatorland007.jpg
[/IMG]

Orange World: This was an interesting store, it smelled like spoiled oranges but the building was cool!
gatorland009.jpg
[/IMG]

Shell World: My dd loves seashells. So we went to Shell World for a little bit before heading to Gatorland.
The cool golf cart, all covered in seashells.
gatorland010.jpg
[/IMG]

The Giant Clam:
gatorland011.jpg
[/IMG]

Gatorland:
WARNING, WARNING, IF YOU DON'T LIKE REPTILES, SNAKES, AMPHIBIANS, ETC. STOP READING NOW, THERE ARE PICTURES BELOW YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO SEE!

Now let me digress for a little and tell you about my DH and DD. My husband is a country boy, born and bred, unlike me a city girl that got lost on a farm one day. My DD is exactly like my husband. She likes any kind of animal--including things that could relatively hurt her. So when we went to Gatorland and she TRIED TO CLIMB INTO THE ALLIGATOR PEN I was not at all surprised.
Hehe. Here are the pics:

Little Alligators:
gatorland015.jpg
[/IMG]

Abbi petting a "baby" alligator:
gatorland017.jpg
[/IMG]

Looking at the snakes:
gatorland029.jpg
[/IMG]

The Albino Alligators (they were pretty cool!):
gatorland031.jpg
[/IMG]

The biggest alligator that they have (I'm pretty sure he ate someone's child!!):
gatorland032.jpg
[/IMG]

Daddy and Abbi going on the "Swamp Walk":
gatorland038.jpg
[/IMG]

The kids sitting in the stroller (Joseph didn't quite fit!):
gatorland050.jpg
[/IMG]

The very large Tortoise:
gatorland052.jpg
[/IMG]

After getting our picture taken with the Alligator and the Snake (which by the way was FREE!!) we left and went home and took a nap. I need to scan the picture so that you guys can see it, but my scanner is currently broken!

That night was the Discovery Cove Animals from SeaWorld. I'd like to say that I was very excited about this! I knew that my kids would love seeing the SeaWorld Animals.
magickingdomanddd001.jpg
[/IMG]

That is what we got. One animal. No I don't know if this is how it normally is, but I was rather upset that there was only one animal. It wasn't really worth the time! The kids did like petting the monkey like animal though.

Miss Merry came and tucked us in this night, but since I can't upload my video, and I have no pictures of her there, I'll just show you this instead! Abbi sleeping on the couch, after Miss Merry left:
magickingdomanddd003.jpg
[/IMG]

What we found in the morning:
magickingdomanddd004.jpg
[/IMG]
Yes, that would be my DD who has a chocolate addiction! She moves the chair at our house to get to candy and apparently knew the bag on top of the frig had candy in it, so she decided to get some herself. We found the "evidence" on the floor. She also neglected to move the chair back..hehehehe....that's my daughter.

Our outfits for the day:
magickingdomanddd007.jpg
[/IMG]

Walking to the TTC:
magickingdomanddd008.jpg
[/IMG]

After a breakfast of pastries and coffee (for me, not the kids!) we went into the Magic Kingdom....and this is what we saw first:
magickingdomanddd009.jpg
[/IMG]

And then the most amazing thing happened. We were standing in line to see Pinnochio when a CM walked by and said "Pinnochio is taking a bathroom break..." it was at this point that she saw us, wiggled her finger at me in a "come here" fashion and took us to the front of the line! She said "from now on, you need to tell the CM in charge and you'll see the characters. You don't have to wait!" It was so awesome! This is a total contradiction to what we were told in Orientation. That man told us that our passes were not valid for character interactions. It was so cool!
So here's Pinnochio:
magickingdomanddd010.jpg
[/IMG]

Then we scooted over to Tomorrowland and rode the Buzz Lightyear Ride that resembles a video game. Joseph got a score of 200, I got a score of 2100 and my husband (the video game master) got a score of 89,000. Here a pic of Buzz:
magickingdomanddd011.jpg
[/IMG]

And then the "real" Buzz:
magickingdomanddd012.jpg
[/IMG]

We then had a snack of chicken nuggets and Joseph successfully spilled his entire drink all over himself and his sister. Good Job Jojo!! After a quick change we headed to Toon Town.

Then we headed over to Minnie's House, unfortunately, Minnie wasn't there! But that's ok, we'd already met her!
We then went to meet the Princesses and the Fairies...this time we snuck in the back and were in and out in ten minutes...it was so cool...I'm going to upload those photos and I'll be back.

Gatorland looks like alot of fun if you like gators. I think it would be fun to go to once. My DS6 is fascinated with them right now but he wouldn't think about petting one. Not sure he would even be fond of the place!

I love orange world. That is on my to do list in October. I remember as kid driving by it all the time and have a little orange toy. Not sure if I actually got it there or not but I like to think I did!

MK on a holiday. Your DH probably made a good choice!

Those tie dye shirts are really cute! Perfect for the morning pictures!

Awesome update!!! :)

I hate that the GKTW orientation tells everyone that the button doesn't work on character lines. I have yet to meet a wish family (in a TR) that said that they had to wait...but several have been told never to wait! but the conflicting info is a little confusing!

Can't wait to see those fairies!! :goodvibes

Awesome update!!! :)

I hate that the GKTW orientation tells everyone that the button doesn't work on character lines. I have yet to meet a wish family (in a TR) that said that they had to wait...but several have been told never to wait! but the conflicting info is a little confusing!

Can't wait to see those fairies!! :goodvibes

I was thinking the same thing, do you think it is something they are changing, or have they always said it didn't include characters?

I'm not sure about the character thing. I remember specifically being told it doesn't work oncharacter greeting, but the lady at Disney told me we didn't have to wait. So I don't know...
Here is the rest of the Magic Kingdom. These are our Disney PhotoPass photos:
Joseph at the entrance:
0e43bfd0-5ba2-4c7d-a30b-cf1b0fd9577.jpg
[/IMG]

The whole family at the entrance (my husband promised me he'd wear his Mouse Ears!)
12367f40-d8ce-4763-a4f5-33ab641be4c.jpg
[/IMG]

DD being a Princess:
32072c6e-18d2-46c5-9c49-1128b391e68.jpg
[/IMG]

Another Mouse Ear pic:
abc84b11-f4b5-4898-8b8c-aebd524e3f2.jpg
[/IMG]

The Princesses:
Joseph and Cindy:
01ac5a9b-c1fd-4215-8d8a-fff625a505a.jpg
[/IMG]

Abbi and Cindy:
334b9741-1ee0-405d-ab5b-92c11c08002.jpg
[/IMG]

The fam and Belle:
2fb2c309-f5f0-4e76-928b-669e7f210f2.jpg
[/IMG]

The fam and Cindy:
88baee30-85f5-4579-851f-101bb8326d8.jpg
[/IMG]

The kids and Aurora:
bdff0486-484a-4d94-8e05-d8792c9b705.jpg
[/IMG]

Abbi and Belle:
eaadc2d0-768d-4224-ac61-d92149840b0.jpg
[/IMG]

Joseph and Belle:
e98c9830-03d9-4613-816f-dbcea6a7dd5.jpg
[/IMG]

Joseph really liked Aurora's hair:
269d5f0f-7191-4f23-85f7-533681784ca.jpg
[/IMG]

Anyone that is visiting MK, I'd highly recommend the Fairies. They were so neat! They definitely have their routine down! There very playful and interact wonderfully with the kids! Next to Spiderman, this was the best character interaction!

The Fairies available were Tink, Silvermist and Fawn.
Joseph and Tink (I Love this one!):
3f01a5b3-410e-4ca6-a5aa-6b56188f579.jpg
[/IMG]

Tink and the fam, Tink's signing our autograph books: (I forgot the special pen for Abbi's and had to buy another autograph book, ugh!)
04ce6d1e-c427-437c-9f8b-9c4a304a027.jpg
[/IMG]

The fam and Tink:
3a013fec-29ed-4cf9-bf85-1844d3e9550.jpg
[/IMG]

Abbs and Tink:
4be444c9-168b-41f2-8082-f358f21ac9e.jpg
[/IMG]

Joseph really liked Tink's flowers:
448f98aa-ceb9-4b57-b2ff-0688a64923e.jpg
[/IMG]

Joseph and fawn:
3d434004-97ce-43b2-be3d-18fc3d2056d.jpg
[/IMG]

Abbs and Fawn:
513da372-e4db-4211-87ae-6b3232725ea.jpg
[/IMG]

Fawn and Abbi sticking there tongues out:
da91053a-5810-4964-a1b9-65126a1e6b9.jpg
[/IMG]

The Fam and fawn:
8241fce7-1239-43ac-85c9-82ee28b73be.jpg
[/IMG]

Silvermist and the Fam:
2024d370-449a-42a7-8d3b-55f38a99557.jpg
[/IMG]

Our on way out we met Daisy:
75e5d0ba-32a0-4553-9bc6-92084f46f98.jpg
[/IMG]

Then we headed over to Downtown Disney. I wanted to check out World of Disney (a friend told me they have a great Scrapbooking selection, although I was unimpressed) I also wanted to take the kids to the Lego Store.

The first thing we did when we got there was eat!! We went to Planet Hollywood (yum, my burger was delish!)
The kids coloring at the table:
magickingdomanddd016.jpg
[/IMG]

And then we headed to get a stroller ('cause Joseph was tired).To rent a stroller at Downtown Disney is different than at any other Disney location. You have to pay the rental fee and then pay a $100 dedcutible that is refunded when you return the stroller. When questioned about this I was told it was because people stole the stretchers. I can't imagine that someone would want those strollers, but hey, I'm sure it's been done.

We went to the Lego Store and saw some totally cool stuff!
Here are some pics of all the stuff that's made with Lego's (they are so creative!!):
magickingdomanddd019.jpg
[/IMG]

magickingdomanddd020.jpg
[/IMG]

magickingdomanddd022.jpg
[/IMG]

Chris and Joseph waiting in line:
magickingdomanddd026.jpg
[/IMG]

The lego's hanging on the wall. Every lego color you can imagine:
magickingdomanddd028.jpg
[/IMG]

The cool robot:
magickingdomanddd029.jpg
[/IMG]

The Sea Creatures:
magickingdomanddd030.jpg
[/IMG]

The T-Rex:
magickingdomanddd031.jpg
[/IMG]

The Lego Family:
magickingdomanddd033.jpg
[/IMG]

The fairy and princess pictures are great!

I love that Lego Store!

It looks like you guys are having a GREAT time!!! :goodvibes

Your TR has been great and you have given me some new ideals for our trip. I love the breakfast with Spiderman. I have two sons and wanted to do a special meal and I believe this one will work well for them.

Your pictures have been great. I have loved them!!!

First, let me apologize for not getting this completed sooner. We got back from Florida and stepped into a ton of different problems. My mother had open heart surgery, my father got a pacer, our house received a large amount of damage from a local forest fire and Joseph jumped right back into PT, OT, and Speech. I hope that you enjoy the rest of our pictures, and again, I'm sorry that it's taken so long.

The Ponies:
ponies002-1.jpg

The Peyton Ponies Sign

ponies001-1.jpg
[/IMG]
The Ponies--not the ones we rode.

ponies003-1.jpg
[/IMG]
Joseph riding the Pony!

ponies004-1.jpg
[/IMG]
Up-close of Joseph riding the Pony.

ponies005-1.jpg
[/IMG]
Joseph getting his cowboy hat and his certificate.

ponies009-1.jpg
[/IMG]
Keaton's Korral

ponies006-1.jpg
[/IMG]
The Ponies

Because I didn't mark my pictures very well when I downloaded them to my computer, I have the last two days marked as "last day". So here are the rest of them, in all their glory.

The Ice Cream Shop:
lastday001.jpg
[/IMG]

lastday003.jpg
[/IMG]

lastday004.jpg
[/IMG]

lastday005.jpg
[/IMG]

lastday006.jpg
[/IMG]

lastday006.jpg
[/IMG]

lastday008.jpg
[/IMG]

lastday009.jpg
[/IMG]

lastday010.jpg
[/IMG]

lastday011.jpg
[/IMG]

What a great place the Ice Cream Parlor is! Delicious Ice Cream, decorated with all kinds of kids toys, a carousel horse and a large Candyland game board. What a fun place!!

The Chapel:
lastday022.jpg
[/IMG]

lastday022.jpg
[/IMG]

lastday024.jpg
[/IMG]

lastday024.jpg
[/IMG]

lastday039.jpg
[/IMG] Daddy and Abbi walking on the Avenue of Angels.

Special Dogs at GKTW:
lastday040.jpg
[/IMG]

lastday041.jpg
[/IMG]

lastday042.jpg
[/IMG]

Playing in the Castle:
lastday043.jpg
[/IMG]

lastday044.jpg
[/IMG]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter