Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FOUR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAW took care of the rental car, and booster seat for my older son. The rental car company paid ALL of our tolls for the week as well. I am not sure if that is normal so please dont count on that.

The only thing that I did was took care of the ADR's and other reservations like Pirate League.

Good to know!

GKTW has vouchers for free stroller rental in the disney parks as well as Universal. We used them each day for our older son.

Excellent. Adding the info to my notes. Thanks!

We are getting a stroller for use in the GKTW because Eva does not have a wheel chair and does not walk distances well...She can get heavy carrying for long distances even though she is only 25 lbs!

I sat down with my 8 year old daughter so she can think about her wish tells me her first wish "a few days on a Disney cruise and a few days in Disney and to meet Lilo and Stitch". So I talked to her about a 2nd wish. It was "a cruise with Lilo and Stitch". Thinking okay these are basically the same thing I asked what about a third with her response "Disney World with Lilo and Stitch". So I asked her what about time. Does she want the Disney Cruise so much that she is willing to wait for it until availability is there. Shockingly and very seriously she replied "I can't wait too long or I might be dead". I thought I was protecting her from knowing this. My daughter has an inoperable, unradiatable brain tumor. They are doing treatments that will buy her some time.

I am going to do my best to try to make her have an amazing trip. If she can only get her cruise without the Disney then we will pay to get extra days. We are also exploring ideas to finance a cruise if she cannot get that wish. I have heard that GKTW is such and amazing trip that maybe she should ask for that and we add on the cruise. Suggestions?

Mom to an amazing little girl who needs an amazing trip.

I sat down with my 8 year old daughter so she can think about her wish tells me her first wish "a few days on a Disney cruise and a few days in Disney and to meet Lilo and Stitch". So I talked to her about a 2nd wish. It was "a cruise with Lilo and Stitch". Thinking okay these are basically the same thing I asked what about a third with her response "Disney World with Lilo and Stitch". So I asked her what about time. Does she want the Disney Cruise so much that she is willing to wait for it until availability is there. Shockingly and very seriously she replied "I can't wait too long or I might be dead". I thought I was protecting her from knowing this. My daughter has an inoperable, unradiatable brain tumor. They are doing treatments that will buy her some time.

I am going to do my best to try to make her have an amazing trip. If she can only get her cruise without the Disney then we will pay to get extra days. We are also exploring ideas to finance a cruise if she cannot get that wish. I have heard that GKTW is such and amazing trip that maybe she should ask for that and we add on the cruise. Suggestions?

Aw, how sad! :sad1: I would have her wish for a cruise and let your wish granters know that the sooner the better. My DD wished for a cruise and we go in August. When I looked, everything was booked until October so they have ways, do not worry! *hugs*

I am sure that they will make this happen for your daughter. My goodness here I am all frustrated and your poor little one says something like that...it most certainly shuts me up!!

Please let us know what happens in the mean time I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!! :lovestruc:grouphug:

It's amazing but kids know... it's hard to say but if her wish is a cruise...I'm sure they can work it! On the otherhand, if you could afford to do a 3 day cruise and the have the wish for GKTW, that might work extremely well....it would give her the best of both worlds.... but talk to MAW... have her state her wish just like she wants it.... I know they'll give her a cruise.... :hug::grouphug::hug:

Oh wow. I don't even know what to say to that. That really just pulls at my heart. I can only imagine....:hug:

She sounds like a very thoughtful, articulate and determined little girl who truly does deserve an amazing trip!

And, I would tell the wish granters exactly that--she wants a cruise and Disney World. I'm certain they can figure out something to ensure she gets both. Or if not, that they can at least figure out how to get you to tack on a few days at Disney after the cruise or vice versa. And, tell them it is time-sensitive. I don't know how timing works with cruises, but from what I can tell on here, things move very quickly and dates for Disney and GKTW are often given as early as six weeks away. I have faith that MAW will make sure your girl doesn't want for anything!

wow. bless your sweet baby girl and your whole family. i hope she gets just what she wants and a whole lot more! :hug

What an intuitive sweet girl she is. That just absolutely breaks my heart. I hope MAW makes whatever wish she has come true and then some. Our son said something similar in treatment(he was 4 then) about not wanting to die and leave us. He also started asking so many questions about death. It's amazing what our children can pick up on. My heart goes out to your family.:hug:

we just returned from gktw last week, it is truly an AMAZING place. i can't say enough about it to do it justice. they will make sure your daughter and your entire family are treated in a way that you have never been treated before. your daughter will meet so many characters including lilo and stitch.

prayers to YOU and your daughter. if you have any questions about gktw pm me.

Originally Posted by sgarrity

If they make her choose one over the other, I would opt for the week at GKTW, then finance my own cruise. :goodvibes GKTW is def a once in a lifetime happening- and it will make sooo many memories for you all. A cruise is awesome too, but it will prob be about the same whether you pay or MAW I think- I may be wrong, but it just seems more magical at GKTW than at a reg hotel to visit Disney, know what I mean? The cruise will be in the same place with the same really cool amenities, where the stay for the parks will vary greatly in who pays.
Just my opinion, but don't let me change her mind at all- it is HER wish! She should wish for the moon if that is what she wants- and I truly hope and pray she gets it! :hug::hug:

Oh, how heartbreaking! What a sweet and perceptive little girl. I truly hope she gets everything she wishes for, and more! I wonder if they would be able to have her do the cruise, and then give her a special meeting with Lilo and Stitch on one of the cruise days...If they aren't able to do both though, then my suggestion would be to do Disney as the wish, and then finance the cruise yourselves (if you have to). GKTW and their partners do so much, that it really is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. That's just my opinion though; you do what you think is best, and hopefully MAW will be able to work their magic for her. I'd love to hear what the official decision is!

Hey everyone..

Just popping in here quickly to:

1) Welcome all the newcomers! :wave2:
2) Wish everyone leaving soon wonderful, magical trips! pixiedust:pixiedust:
3) Let you know I haven't fallen off the planet. ;)

I think I've come down with a touch of PDD. (post Disney depression) I think it set in once I was done writing our TR.:confused3 I have also been super busy the last few days as well. I hope everyone is doing well, and I'll talk to you soon.

Tim

Hi everyone,

I'm just compiling a list of questions to ask the wish grantors (should we ever hear from them, of course! ;)) about the process, what things will be taken care of at their end (stroller and car rentals?), and what I will need to take care of myself (such as carseats and character dining reservations?). If you have any questions to suggest, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
You will likely have to make your own character meal registrations. My sister paid for this as her way to contribute to the magic. Everything else you mention should be covered.

Morning all!

Now that we are just a few weeks away, my mind is going crazy with questions!

1. Hannah sleeps in a regular bed with about 5 or 6 pillows around her (too big for a crib) and a bed rail. Can we request that at GKTW or should we let our MAW coordinator know?

2. I posted a question on the main DISabilities board regarding leaving diaper bags and bringing suction bags on rides if you can help me out (here it is).

3. We have a Nevada permanent disability hanging car placard. Can we use that in Florida?

4. We are going to request a letter/rx from our pediatrician listing all of Hannah's meds for the flight (since they are all liquid). Do I need to have her add that we need to have an ice pack as well since one of them are medicated and we have to put it in a little cooler?

5. I was reading up on collector pins vs scrapper pins on the board, and my mind is like "huh?" If I bought a lot of pins on ebay that are very likely "scrapper" pins, can the kids still trade them with CMs at WDW or do they have to be official pins? I don't care about the collectibility long-term, I just want the kids to enjoy the trading of pins.

6. Has anyone else's brain gone into super planning overdrive with amazing enthusiastic excitement this far out before the trip? Is there a recovery program for after we return?
Cast Members will probably not care where your pins came from. Our daughter was given two by cast members even though she had none to share.

Most of us are on this thread because we are over planners. Join the fun and don't worry about recovery. We are all Disney co-dependent here.

Hi-
i am new to the site. my son E is 6 and has cp. we are going on a wish trip to WDW in may. i noticed most of the posts on here are from folks who are staying at GKTW. has anyone ever had a sunshine foundation trip or stayed in their dream village. just kind of wondering what to expect there. thanks so much!
The Dream Village looks amazing, though not as impressive as GKTW. There sure are a lot of folks who care a LOT.

The majority of buildings activities close down about 9pm (including the pool and playground). The admin building is open 24hrs a day.
The magical lighting is on late, creating a beautiful settings for evening strolls. Even though the pool and such are open until 9, most parents conk out early as well. The theme parks are very physically demanding. My favorite attraction as the village was the whirlpool bath in our villa for my poor sore feet. They worked magic.

It has been a while since I have read any Crocs promotion here so I will put in my pitch. I was sold on getting Crocs for our trip from what I read on the boards (even though I had thought they were kind of dorky). They were so easy on our feet at Disney that I now wear a pair for walking all summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter