Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FOUR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to the board and I do not fully understand the concept. However, I thought this forum would be a great resource so I am making an attempt.:) We received a call on Monday that my daughter was going to get a wish from Make a Wish. We were surprised as she was referred in October by her teacher and we did not hear anything else and then received the call on Monday that she is going to get a wish. She is to determine a wish. When I told her about it on Monday she ended up getting a migraine(she has an inoperable, unradiatable benign brain tumor) and went to bed. Tuesday she woke up stating "I want to go see Lilo and stitch at Lilo's house". She also state she wanted a few days on a cruise (no surprise, been asking for this for a couple years) and a few days at Disney world. Is this even possible?

Thanks for any information you provide.

Savanna
Mom to 4
Adrianna (11), Caleb (10), DeAnna (8 - getting the wish) and Levi (3).

First off welcome!!! :welcome:Your daughter will meet with her Wish volunteers and they will ask her what her wish is. She can definitely ask for this and I believe that it is possible. Be prepared to sign some papers to get the process going. Also as I have been learning....They will keep things unknown to you until you are on the trip. This is part of making this experience MAGICAL for your daughter!

I would gladly stand in hour long lines in 100 degree heat if I could change Hannah's condition...

I think we all would.

I am new to the board and I do not fully understand the concept. However, I thought this forum would be a great resource so I am making an attempt.:) We received a call on Monday that my daughter was going to get a wish from Make a Wish. We were surprised as she was referred in October by her teacher and we did not hear anything else and then received the call on Monday that she is going to get a wish. She is to determine a wish. When I told her about it on Monday she ended up getting a migraine(she has an inoperable, unradiatable benign brain tumor) and went to bed. Tuesday she woke up stating "I want to go see Lilo and stitch at Lilo's house". She also state she wanted a few days on a cruise (no surprise, been asking for this for a couple years) and a few days at Disney world. Is this even possible?

Savanna
Mom to 4

Welcome....I hope that DeAnna's wish is granted to its fullest. I'm sure they can make it work! I haven't heard of a dual wish meaning... both the parks and the cruise, but if that is what she wants, then have her ask. Otherwise they will probably have her make a choice. Our chapter couldn't grant my son his primary wish for a rainbow playset(thy had anothr set, which he didn't like), which I know other chapters have given, so he chose Disney... so prepare her that she might have to make a choice if they don't say thy can do both. Also, if your budget woul allow and she chooses the cruise, maybe your chapter would allow an extension on your own $...

Welcome to the boards and start a PTR ... directions are on post 2 of this thread.

I knew a little boy back in 1985 that had the same/similar condition as your daughter and I remember he wanted to go to disney (this was before MAW was as established as it is today)...he didn't get to go.....so I really hope her wish comes true! every bit!:dance3::dance3:

Does everything at GKTW shut down at a certain time? I am especially curious about the arcade and the pool.

Does everything at GKTW shut down at a certain time? I am especially curious about the arcade and the pool.

Good question--especially for you and other families with older sibs! (Or dads or moms who are just big kids at hearts! LOL!)

I would gladly stand in hour long lines in 100 degree heat if I could change Hannah's condition...

I would too. I wouldn't change the past, but I would love not have to worry about the future anymore.

For sure!!! I have so much admiration for parents and families and children who deal with these illnesses EVERY SINGLE DAY--and, what's more, do it happily, lovingly and without second thought.

Brooke's cancer was horrible--but she is now in remission. And, God willing, she may never relapse. Not all families are so fortunate. Some children have chronic conditions that will trouble them for the rest of their lives. Rest assured that I count my many blessings every day and am thankful for her good prognosis--but I also spend every day thinking of the other families we have come to know and wishing them the best!

Many of you parents here amaze and inspire me. Hugs to all of you! :grouphug:

Okay, enough sap from me. You'd think I was a maple tree in March....

Savanna
Mom to 4

Welcome aboard! I am learning that the referral process can be quite lengthy! We have yet to meet with any wish grantors ourselves, so my experience with MAW is pretty limited. I say that DeAnna should wish for whatever is in her heart. MAW will inform you what and what cannot be accomplished. I do so hope that DeAnna gets her wish!

My sister-in-law's little cousin got his wish (he had a form of childhood cancer :littleangel:) before he passed and he wished for a Disney cruise. He didn't have any days in WDW afterwards, but that wasn't part of his wish. Maybe they can make both happen for DeAnna! Sounds like she certainly deserves it. :)

We will be using the crib for Eva...Does anyone know anything about this? Is it a pack and play and are there sheets for it? Are there blankets for it? Just wondering if I need to bring one of hers here!

The majority of buildings activities close down about 9pm (including the pool and playground). The admin building is open 24hrs a day.

We will be using the crib for Eva...Does anyone know anything about this? Is it a pack and play and are there sheets for it? Are there blankets for it? Just wondering if I need to bring one of hers here!

I do not remember what they said about extra sheets, but I am sure they could be able to get you some so you didnt have to pack any.

I read on PTR, but don't remember which one that their child was too big for the crib, but still needed to be in one. We will be using it for our 10months..

Here is Ella in the porta crib at GKTW
we had to run to walmart for sheets because the ones they had didn't fit right. If you have pack and play sheets I would bring one along.

How did people handle towels at the pool?
We didn't get to go swimming so we didn't bring any. Did you bring beach towels or did you just use GKTW ones?

P1000415.jpg

we had to run to walmart for sheets because the ones they had didn't fit right. If you have pack and play sheets I would bring one along.

We didn't get to go swimming so we didn't bring any. Did you bring beach towels or did you just use GKTW ones?

P1000415.jpg

First off...adorable picture of Ella sleeping in the crib!

They have towels at the pool that you can use there and then you drop them off as you leave there. There are lots of towels. You could bring your own too but I say save the packing space.:) I hope you get a chance to swim...such a nice pool!

First off...adorable picture of Ella sleeping in the crib!

They have towels at the pool that you can use there and then you drop them off as you leave there. There are lots of towels. You could bring your own too but I say save the packing space.:) I hope you get a chance to swim...such a nice pool!

She was out before Mrs Mary could come do the tuck in. We opened the door for Mrs mary and she blew her a kiss. It was so sweet.

Thanks for the info
taking beach towels off our list :thumbsup2
We didn't get to swim because they were building the new pool. They did have a few "bunny holes" for us to peak in. The kids had to check it out everyday :rolleyes1

P1000415.jpg

I DO and they are easy to fit into Evas things...I sure am glad that she is still so little! Ella sleeps like Eva does!!LOL

Hi-
i am new to the site. my son E is 6 and has cp. we are going on a wish trip to WDW in may. i noticed most of the posts on here are from folks who are staying at GKTW. has anyone ever had a sunshine foundation trip or stayed in their dream village. just kind of wondering what to expect there. thanks so much!

Hi-
i am new to the site. my son E is 6 and has cp. we are going on a wish trip to WDW in may. i noticed most of the posts on here are from folks who are staying at GKTW. has anyone ever had a sunshine foundation trip or stayed in their dream village. just kind of wondering what to expect there. thanks so much!

Welcome to the boards.... You have a great question.... I hope that you will get your answer!

Also, the dream village looks cool, I don't think we ahve had a wish through them here on the boards, but maybe you can start a PTR and tell others about your trip and the dream village so that you can help someone else in the future. I hope your trip is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter