Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FOUR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has been to universal but we do have 2 days to go there. And the boys want to see TNA one evening there. Which I am fine with (I think a husband/wife couple of hours break during this week just may be beneficial ;) ) No one has ever been to sea world either so with our plane leaving at 9 pm I think we will have plenty of time to go on the last day.
QUOTE]

For TNA, You will need to pick out tickets at the Studio Audience Center, which is just inside the gates of Universal Studios park. The tickets are free, but you need the tickets to be able to get into the line to get into the building.

If you go to our pre-trip report and click the link on the last page you can see our montage of our trip! We had such a magical and amazing trip!! Absolutley amazing what GKTW and MAW do for our families!! ...and the parks!! WOW!!

Hope you enjoy!

Bill_Lin
We are definately bringing ponchos (Thank You Big Give). So if it does rain a lot we will be ok. That is good advice about morning rain scaring some of the crowd off.

Maroo .... I have NO plans and NO must do list!!!! UUGGGG!!!!!! I have no idea what I'm getting myself into.

What we do know is that we will only have 3 days to do all 4 disney parks. For us I think we most look forward to magic kingdom. In 2003 My husband and I took the oldest 2 kids to disney. Our favorites were definately magic kingdom and Hollywood studios (It was MGM then). I was surprised how much the kids loved MGM. At epcot we probably won't do any of the world showcase stuff. I can't imagine the little kids enjoying it (and it just isn't something that we would do with limited time there). I think everyone will enjoy animal kingdom but something has to split the day with Epcot. I was thinking I heard that there is a night time fireworks show that is great at epcot so we will do that in the evening.

No one has been to universal but we do have 2 days to go there. And the boys want to see TNA one evening there. Which I am fine with (I think a husband/wife couple of hours break during this week just may be beneficial ;) ) No one has ever been to sea world either so with our plane leaving at 9 pm I think we will have plenty of time to go on the last day.

That reminds me .... you may remember that our youngest 3 children were adopted out of special needs foster care. And 3 of our children are ADHD and 2 also have some emotional problems. Other than taking frequent breaks, trying to get enough sleep and packing extra snacks do you guys have any suggestions of things you did to prevent the fighting, temper tantrums and emotional outbursts?

I think MK and DHS is our favorite too. If you aren't doing the World showcase than I think you would have no problem doing both parks. We just couldn't park hop, so we stuck with the 3 parks. Since Korissa and Kyra wanted to do the pick a pearl at epcot...which is in Japan, this was an all day park. The fireworks at Epcot is at the World Showcase..FYI. Last time we went to AK, so that park was out.

Not sure what is TNA? Did we miss something good;)? I'm sure you can do Sea World on your last day. We left at 5:30pm and saw just about everything. Wear the kids out so they will sleep on the plane:upsidedow

Thank you for the info! He is going with MAW.

Even though his wish is to go to Disney and ride the train at the Magic Kingdom, he would probably be just as happy riding that train all day!

My sister is still pretty sold on the fact that they should try and stay on Disney property, but I think GKTW will be the way to go. They're going at a slow time, so park hours won't be too late and I don't foresee them coming back for a nap and then heading back to the parks. I think it would be nice for them to enjoy the events at GKTW if the parks overwhelm him.

I'm not sure of his diagnosis, but physically he is small for his age and mentally he is about the same as a 3 year old but will be 11 or 12 this year. But...lord does he know how to work me! He knows how to find the most expensive Thomas the Train toy in the store because he knows I can't say no! Lord help me with my own son who will be here soon!

I just got back from a wish trip to GKTW. I, like your sister was certain staying on property would be best. However, now I disagree! GKTW is a once in a lifetime opportunity for most people. I was with a 12 year old who is wheelchair bound, and severely disabled. Less than a three year old mentally. Also his 5 year old identical twin sisters. The first day we got to Magic Kingdom around noon, and the sun combined with the crowds sent him and his sister into a tailspin. We headed back to GKTW after about 3 hours (2 of which he and I spent in the Wish Lounge) The next 5 days we relaxed at the village either at the playground, playing with the huge train, swimming or visiting with the characters. We slept through horse back riding unfortunately. Then late in the afternoon we headed out to a park. He tolerated about 4-5 hours at a time. With the Wish Kid badge that is a long time! You can accomplish alot. We did not get to see everything by any means,but we also had no more meltdowns. Everyone had a great time and we all still have lots to look forward to if we get to go back. But we will never get to stay at the village again. I know all kids have different tolerance levels, but this worked for us!

Not sure what is TNA? Did we miss something good;)? I'm sure you can do Sea World on your last day. We left at 5:30pm and saw just about everything. Wear the kids out so they will sleep on the plane:upsidedow

TNA is an Orlando based wrestling organization. 99% of their shows are recorded at Universial Studios soundstage 21.

What could be in the big box? Stop by Lhea's PTR to find out!

BigGives002-6.jpg

TNA is only a don't miss show if you are a huge wrestling fan. It is a wrestling show very similar to WWE. My husband and son LOVE it! I however could live without it. I don't like all the violence (fake or not).

For TNA, You will need to pick out tickets at the Studio Audience Center, which is just inside the gates of Universal Studios park. The tickets are free, but you need the tickets to be able to get into the line to get into the building.

Thanks! I had no clue what they were supposed to do. Will that give them assigned seats or will it still be first come first serve?

Thanks! I had no clue what they were supposed to do. Will that give them assigned seats or will it still be first come first serve?

First come first serve. The tickets are just for the order that they will be allowed to enter the building. No ticket, no entry.

TNA is only a don't miss show if you are a huge wrestling fan. It is a wrestling show very similar to WWE. My husband and son LOVE it! I however could live without it. I don't like all the violence (fake or not).

Nope...didn't miss anything...lol

The Disboutique fairy godmothers have worked their magic again at our home... your are invited to our PTR to view their magical work!

I hope this is okay to post here. I just read my allears.net newsletter and saw this. Thought it might help someone.

From April 17-23, you can save 25 percent off dining with the purchase of any entree at select quick-service restaurants at both Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort. To save money -- and alleviate wait times during one of the busiest seasons -- you must dine before 11:30 a.m. or between 3 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Alcohol is excluded. Print out the vouchers you'll find on Disney's official site and present them at the time of purchase.

For More Information

just saying hi!

got a call today that the local tv stations may be coming friday for evan's trip presentation...that puts a whole new level of stress about cleaning the house:rotfl: will be sure to post some pics and links over on our prt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter