Magical Express is going away on Jan. 1, 2022

This is an interesting, but I guess not surprising, announcement. Not suprising because of the November deal between Disney and Brightline for a station @ WDW.

Regardless of that rail deal, I noticed another announcement about the retiring of Extra Magic Hours and replacing with a 30min early entry benefit every day for resort guests.

With Magic Express and EMH going away, will Disney replace these resort guest benefits with something similar (post-COVID and rail stop completion)? I have to imagine they will. Maybe complementary rail passes (to replace ME) for example.

If not, what exactly would the cost-benefit be for staying on-site?

People said I was crazy at the time but I totally called this the minute they announced that train! Depending on the price of a train ticket, Disney Springs may get even more hectic. Has anyone heard what the cost of a ticket will be?

That stinks, our trips now include the Kids and grand kids, usually at least 7 of us and often 11. We would need to rent 2 cars, or make 2 trips to/from the Airport or 2 ubers... Big add on expense. Just one more con on the list, it's getting very close to time to sell out, it's been a great 28 years.

That stinks, our trips now include the Kids and grand kids, usually at least 7 of us and often 11. We would need to rent 2 cars, or make 2 trips to/from the Airport or 2 ubers... Big add on expense. Just one more con on the list, it's getting very close to time to sell out, it's been a great 28 years.
I agree the added expense, the added hassle, as well as our age slowly creeping up there. This may be the beginning of the end for us.

Ooooh - that's a good point. Really one of the key benefits of ME. Hope they find a way to provide luggage service even when/if switching to a train service.
It would really hurt if they did away with luggage service.

People said I was crazy at the time but I totally called this the minute they announced that train! Depending on the price of a train ticket, Disney Springs may get even more hectic. Has anyone heard what the cost of a ticket will be?

Except the train won't even be running by then. So seems like a cost cutting measure. Also is there going to be enough trains even to carry everyone? Now everyone stuck in Disney Springs?

See this as a big mistake we will see.

Eliminating ME really dampens one's excitement and anticipation of their vacation to Disney, not to mention the add cost and stress to families. If eliminating ME isn't bad enough they are cutting down the EMH from a total of two (1 in the morning and 1 in the evening at rotating parks) to only 30 minutes...seems like we are paying more for a LOT less. This certainly isn't going to make people want to travel to Disney and stay on property. The Magic is being sucked out of Disney by those who don't even know what it's like to look forward to their sometimes once in a lifetime vacation to Disney. Vacations are supposed to be easier and more lighthearted and these changes are only going to make trips to Disney more of a job and not a vacation!

With all the people looking for car rentals, Uber's etc, I can see a nightmare just getting to Disney as well departing. And if you travel off hours?????

I guess they will restart the old Mears and start charging again.

With Magic Express and EMH going away, will Disney replace these resort guest benefits with something similar (post-COVID and rail stop completion)? I have to imagine they will.
For ME, I suspect that either (a) they decided that the parking fees were enough of a disincentive to prevent people from renting cars vs. taking a cab/shuttle or (b) the marginal revenue lost due to people choosing to rent cars (and doing some things offsite) didn't justify the service.

For the change of EMH to early entry, I see it as a *stronger* incentive to avoid an offsite location. In the EMH model, an offsite guest could (usually) avoid the EMH park(s) each day. In many cases that led to easier touring days than an EMH day as an onsite guest. In the early entry model, it will be impossible to rope-drop any park any day as an offsite guest.

Eliminating ME really dampens one's excitement and anticipation of their vacation to Disney, not to mention the add cost and stress to families. If eliminating ME isn't bad enough they are cutting down the EMH from a total of two (1 in the morning and 1 in the evening at rotating parks) to only 30 minutes...seems like we are paying more for a LOT less. This certainly isn't going to make people want to travel to Disney and stay on property. The Magic is being sucked out of Disney by those who don't even know what it's like to look forward to their sometimes once in a lifetime vacation to Disney. Vacations are supposed to be easier and more lighthearted and these changes are only going to make trips to Disney more of a job and not a vacation!
I agree. I feel sorry for families with kids who now either have to build in the expense to their vacation of renting a big car or booking an SUV through Uber or Lyft. The Magic starts on ME, that was the point of it....wasn't it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter