Magical Express is going away on Jan. 1, 2022

What are laws on child seats? Uber/Lyft has no car seats so you would have to hope that whatever vehicle you get can even support you if you have more than 2 young kids.
I happily overpaid for Minnie Vans a few times for this reason. They had a car seat and they were clean. Even if I could get an uber with a car seat I cant imagine the state it would be in. And how careful is the driver hooking the car seat up?
I have to say. This announcement has me realllllllly bummed.

Except the train won't even be running by then. So seems like a cost cutting measure. Also is there going to be enough trains even to carry everyone? Now everyone stuck in Disney Springs?

See this as a big mistake we will see.
Again, my point was the minute I heard a train was set to go from the airport to Disney Springs I said "goodbye Magical Express". I mean why would they have a stop in Disney Springs with the airport. Who flies into Orlando and thinks, "Wouldn't it be great to take a train straight from the airport to Disney Springs? Suitcases? Or we can just wheel them around while we shop!" Whether they line up with each other for closing/opening is not the point, it was that everyone said it was impossible and no way that would ever happen. Well, look what is happening. Hello train stop, goodbye ME...it's not a coincidence.

This was how it used to work, via Mears. There were no Disney cartoons, and you had to get your luggage, but given that the BAGS infrastructure is already in place, Mears might well continue it.
If I remember correctly in 1987 Mears charged around $25.00 roundtrip per person. So what would they charge today?

I just heard this and haven't read ANY posting this thread so far, but I bet I'm repeating the obvious here.

Talk about creating something worth its weight in gold and then shooting the goose that laid the golden egg! WOW! JUST WOW. They have lost their ever-loving minds.

Build a model that makes a captive audience to spend money exclusively to your campus and then throw out the baby with the bathwater and encourage them to go elsewhere. I'm just... speechless.

Of all the brilliant things I thought Disney had created over the years, THIS was very near the top of my list. I just can't believe it. Surely something is going to replace it.

I am hoping that Disney comes up with a travel game plan soon rather then having their DVC members (and resort visitors) left hanging with speculation.

As a family with 3 small children I'm pissed about this change, wish I had know they were going to do this before buying into DVC. The ease of use to get from the Airport to WDW on the ME was great, and part of the reason for the high prices that they charged, since it was suppose to be "baked in" to the prices we were paying. Not sure what we will do moving forward, getting ready to make a phone call to Disney about this.

Omg now I’m starting to regret my resale BLT contract a bit. It just went to ROFR!

I feel bad for all that use ME. I drive so it doesn't effect me, but the more they take away is just adding to reasons to stop feeding greedy Disney my hard earned money. I have an add-on CCV in ROFR right now and just the fact that I will be fighting for a studio even at the 11 month mark sux. But I knew that going in so it's all on me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter