Magic Kingdom? I Think I Know My Way Around Magic Kingdom! WDW January 2023 TR **COMPLETE** 9/4 x4

Loved this TR! I've been following yours for many years and have watched your Disney kids growing up :-) My favorite park at night is definitely MK. So pretty with everything lit up. Your DD still looked like a princess even without the dress. You definitely got your money's worth with BBB. Wow - fireworks on 7DMT. How awesome! Nice it happened without the stress of trying to time it just right. I've never seen the fireworks from behind the castle. Mickey waving goodbye - how perfect is that? What an ending to your trip! The airport scene sounds awful. I wouldn't expect that at that time of day. Thanks for sharing your story and all the wonderful pictures. Until next time!
It was a very magical day to cap off a really awesome trip! I’m so glad we decided to do BBB, I think DD was the perfect age and she loved the whole experience! We couldn’t have timed those fireworks better, it was absolutely perfect!!

Thanks so much for following along with us again!
Thanks for sharing your trip. Have a great time on the cruise!
Thanks for following!! We leave for Miami today and board the cruise on Monday!!
Thanks for another great trip report. You always have such great ideas. I actually am using your Hawaii report for my research into our trip next summer. DD and I are staying at the CR for our girls trip in Nov and your ability to hop back in makes me excited to do later hours (DH never wants to stay up late).
What is the difference in stacking vs churning? Is churning you keep looking for a different time? I really dislike this system because I don't want to be on my phone all day on vacation. Ugh.
Your DD's BBB pics were so cute. I feel like with COVID we missed that window of time with my DD (she is now more your son's age). Oh well, maybe we will find the store that I keep hearing mentioned where you can just get pixie dusted.
Enjoy your cruise
I’m so glad you found some of my ideas helpful!! I love sharing them, even if it came about because of a mistake in my own planning lol The wall ability to MK from contemporary is absolutely a highlight and makes those late hours so easy to enjoy! I hope y’all have a great time on your trips!!

For stacking, we booked lots of things for the afternoon windows so that we had a bunch booked by the time we went back into the park. For churning, we were just looking for the next available times and choosing that instead of choosing something later in the day and having to wait awhile before we could book something else. Hopefully that makes sense!

Man, Covid messed up so many things. That really sucks! Hopefully you can find something equivalent for your DD!

Thanks for following!!

I loved reading your entire trip report - it sounded like a fantastic trip! I know I’ve read past reports of yours as well - I was happy to see a familiar face around here. :goodvibes

Your room at BLT had an amazing view (even if not on the 10th floor). I’ve always put in room requests but never used Touring Plans room request feature - it seems it worked well for you!

I haven’t been to Disney World since 2016, so I really appreciated all your detail about Genie+ and other updates.

We’re currently planning a 2024 trip and this is the first time I’ll be traveling with kids. Would you be willing to help with the following questions?

1) We’re going to rent a double stroller (we don’t normally need one, but it will be very helpful with a one and five-year-old at Disney World) so I appreciate your review of Orlando Stroller Rental. Is it challenging to arrange drop off and pick up at the resort, or would I be better off choosing the airport pick-up option?

2) I LOVED reading about your daughter’s experience at BBB and I’d love to try it with our oldest daughter (she’ll be just shy of six when we visit). I was worried about the two person guest limit as I’d hate for my husband to miss out as we’re a family of four, but it looks like you, your husband, and son were all able to be there during the makeover? Should I aim for one of the first appointments of the day to make this possible?
(Also, I must add that my daughter saw the pictures of your daughter’s BBB appointment and LOVED her hairstyle choice - so we may have that in our future!)

Thank you for the wonderful trip report and any help you could give me. Traveling with small children is a whole new ballgame!
We have used Orlando Stroller Rentals many times and for whatever reason we have never been able to do the airport drop off/pickup but have never had issues arranging the drop off/pickup at the resort! They keep in contact by text and are always very flexible with me!

They didn’t even bat an eye when all 4 of us showed up for BBB, and I didn’t even think of any kind of limit on observers. I wouldn’t worry! We went for an early time because we didn’t want to spend too much park time on it, and also so she could enjoy her makeover for the longest amount of time possible! Also I’m sure as the day goes on their appointments might start running over, but early in the morning everything went quickly so we were done in enough time to get to the attractions before the crowds! When our booking window opened, we purposely went for our very last day of the trip to give us the best chance of getting an early time. Good luck!! It definitely adds a lot more challenges bringing small kids but it is sooooo worth it!!! I hope you have a great trip!
Enjoyed reading along, thank you for sharing your family vacation!
Thanks so much for following!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter