**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

For those of you who have attended DAH at MK, did you:
1. Make that entire day your MK day?
2. Hop there from a different park? If so, what time did you leave the other park?
3. Spend the day doing something else (swimming, Disney Springs, etc...) and just arrive at MK in time to enjoy the party?
4. Other?

Also, whatever you DID, would you do it that way again?

Thanks!

We went with #2. We spent the morning at DHS, hopped to AK to use our FPs, then left AK by 6:30pm to get to MK. It made for a very long day haha

Also, put us down for 1/17! Hopefully next January isn't as frigid as this year's. It made eating my weight in Mickey bars a really cold experience. But hey, at least they weren't melting!

2. Hop there from a different park? If so, what time did you leave the other park?
3. Spend the day doing something else (swimming, Disney Springs, etc...) and just arrive at MK in time to enjoy the party?
4. Other?

Thanks!
We’ve done dah twice and both times we swam or relaxed before dah started. The first time we ate at Ohana around 4:30? I can’t remember the exact time but we swam, took naps, then ate at Ohana. That worked out really well but I was SO full when we got to mk. I would eat a smaller meal before going to dah. The second time it was just Dh and I. We swam a bit, ate at the bar at coronado springs, then headed to dah. That worked a lot better for us and we ate at around 3 pm.

This will be our 11th day as part of our annual NYE visit. We will have AP's and approach the day when it arrives... We have FP's through Day 10. Our resort is WL so we shall see how it goes that day. I suspect we will head over by boat to MK in the morning and then return to WL for the afternoon, returning to MK at about 6:00. We thought DAH would be a great way to finish a 12 night stay!

We will be three adults with you! My mom and dd-24 and I.
Looking forward to the evening and hoping it won't be freezing!

I'm with you... We are 4 adults. Thinking warm thoughts!

4. Other?

Thanks!

I guess I'm "Other." All three of my DAH events have been on arrival day! :crazy2:

Not exactly planned that way, just the way my schedule has worked out for each.

But I think even if we did have a full day on property, we'd stick to the resort / rest day, or do another park that AM, rest, then DAH.

We have APs and go somewhat often, so I really only care about the actual DAH event time, don't really need any daytime MK time, generally speaking.

I guess I'm "Other." All three of my DAH events have been on arrival day! :crazy2:

Not exactly planned that way, just the way my schedule has worked out for each.

But I think even if we did have a full day on property, we'd stick to the resort / rest day, or do another park that AM, rest, then DAH.

We have APs and go somewhat often, so I really only care about the actual DAH event time, don't really need any daytime MK time, generally speaking.

Same here! We drive in the day of (8 hours or so from GA) and hang out at the hotel until the event. The first time we went my girls were 7 and 9 and did great and have done awesome every time. Planning on attending this February 28 (our 4th time) and doing the same thing! Always hectic but AMAZING!

4. Other?

Thanks!
We are doing it on a day when we are going to Discovery Cove. That park closes at 5. We are planning on being at MK by 7:30 to give us a bit of a rest. If I hadn’t booked the CP I would have had a rest day the next day, but we decided we aren’t going to go for rope drop but start at about 11.

We are doing it on a day when we are going to Discovery Cove. That park closes at 5. We are planning on being at MK by 7:30 to give us a bit of a rest. If I hadn’t booked the CP I would have had a rest day the next day, but we decided we aren’t going to go for rope drop but start at about 11.
Discovery Cove is amazing!

4. Other?

Thanks!

I have APs and my plan is a combo of 2 and 3, we are going to AK in the morning but then planned break at the resort. Dinner at 5pm at CA Grill then to the party with an 8pm MK close.

We have no plans that day except a Chef Mickey's ADR late afternoon. We have to get a sitter for our 4 y/o DGS, but it's a night out for us 4 adults. I'm really really hoping to snag being on Astro Orbiter during the fireworks. It's my favorite ride after dark. We were able to get on BTMRR during the fireworks last year in March when we went, that was incredibly cool. AO has no FP though so it might be a stretch.

Do you think they will add any March 2019 dates to MK? AK and DHS have 3 and 5 nights scheduled in March respectively but MK only has 1. I would love to do DAH at MK but I missing the March date by 1 week.

@GADisneyDad14
Please add us to February 7th - I pulled the trigger and booked it!! :yay:

:offtopic: Side question: how does one tag another disboarder? I copied the above from another post, but is there a button somewhere that I can use or something - like "tag user" or "insert link to user" or something? Or do you just type @ + their username? TIA!

Do you think they will add any March 2019 dates to MK? AK and DHS have 3 and 5 nights scheduled in March respectively but MK only has 1. I would love to do DAH at MK but I missing the March date by 1 week.
In the past, I would’ve told you no, but now with them adding ak and hs in later March I have no idea lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter