Magic Kingdom After Hours coming back (DAH); Reviews: Page 18 >>

they actually didn't send out a survey for every night so I suspect they goosed the tickets sold and wanted to get feedback on how it was.

I had a great time but if I was after all the rides, the waits were too long for some of them and only having 3 hours. if it was 5ish hours, that would have been fine assuming I would still be alive at the end of 5 hours. you do so much walking when nobody is slowing you down. :( Feeling it today. (8.98 miles in 4ish hours).

they actually didn't send out a survey for every night so I suspect they goosed the tickets sold and wanted to get feedback on how it was. .
Had no idea. We attended 3 nights and got one for each night. I assumed they wanted as much feedback as they could get

they actually didn't send out a survey for every night so I suspect they goosed the tickets sold and wanted to get feedback on how it was.

I had a great time but if I was after all the rides, the waits were too long for some of them and only having 3 hours. if it was 5ish hours, that would have been fine assuming I would still be alive at the end of 5 hours. you do so much walking when nobody is slowing you down. :( Feeling it today. (8.98 miles in 4ish hours).
We did it on a circuit with a plan. We started in tomorrowland, did Space and buzz, hit the mine train and the rest for fatasyland, then on to liberty frontier, the adventure. We actually walked a lot less than on a regular park day because we didn't have to cris cross to avoid lines. We started right after the happily ever after show at 8:45, and did everything we had planned for by 11:30, then sat and had popcorn ice cream and sodas. We didn't ride everything, but got everything we wanted in plenty of time.
we did
Space
buzz
mine train ( I did pooh while DH and DD were on)
peter pan
haunted mansion
thunder mountain 3x in a row (didn't have to unload)
pirates
jungle cruise
circled back for:
space
buzz
mine train
little mermaid

ended the night in tomorrowland eating, then pictures at the castle right at 12:00.

We were there 3/2, and got the survey today. We didn't encounter any significant lines anywhere. The most we did was wait through one cycle of mine train.

Mine train definitely had a wait last night. It was about the same as the normal wait when using a fast pass, so 5-7 minutes. We rode twice, but if multiple rides on mine train was your goal it would have taken a bit.

If you are staying on a monorail resort is it running or do they use buses at the end of the evening?

We went on 3/2 and got the survey the next day. I also emphasized that the low crowds were the main draw for us. I rated the value as "good" - could be better with an additional hour or two of time to do everything without feeling rushed. We also had a game plan of starting in Tomorrowland and working our way around. It worked well and we were able to do everything we wanted to while also stopping at several snack carts along the way.

Sorry to hear that it was even more crowded last night. Does anyone know if it sold out?

Mine train definitely had a wait last night. It was about the same as the normal wait when using a fast pass, so 5-7 minutes. We rode twice, but if multiple rides on mine train was your goal it would have taken a bit.

This doesn't sound that different from our experience on 2/16. It was pretty much like a normal FP line during the "middle" part of the event. 2-4 train wait each time around. Definitely didn't both (ETA: bother) us, still super short! But not like EMM where you can just get off/get right back on.

Last edited:
We did have a great night, but in the end it felt more like an evening EMH from years ago.

I agree, it felt like the last 60-90 minutes of sunday night when MK closes at 11 or 12. If this was my first experience, I woudln't see the value.

but with that said, there was plenty of walk on rides that wouldn't have been so I did do a bunch of rides that I would skip, but the headliners, there was no re-riding quick option last night until near the end.

but there was also a lot more larger groups of 6 or 8.. instead of having 8-10 people in front of you, it was 30-50ish getting in the line and running back into the line. Also noticed a lot more teens that didn't stay with the family and just stayed on the populars making it more crowded.

It might have just been the crowd make up as after hours tends to start with a lot of local couples or parent/child but near the end it's the families that had time to discover it when doing fastpass planning. I think my theory of anything new needs to be understood, announced prior to fastpass windows and last after the initial 60 days to see what it really could be holds up.. that's hard to do when your running at a loss while people do experience it to pass the word on what something is.

Waited 5 minutes for Peter Pan, 5-10 minutes for Space Mountain and 20 minutes each time we did Mine train last night. Kind of disappointing considering earlier accounts of no waits at all. Wasn't crowded per say but definitely large gatherings of people in some areas. With that said, we still got everything done that we wanted to and had a good time. We would do it again.

If you are staying on a monorail resort is it running or do they use buses at the end of the evening?

Unfortunately the monorail was not available to either the resorts or to the TTC when we went on 3/2. The option was a bus to the resorts or Ferry to TTC. While this was certainly a huge bummer for us in terms of convenience, it makes sense from a cost perspective. The had so many buses waiting at the end we didn't know what to do haha.

We went 2/16. Monorail wasn't running. Busses were plentiful and many CMs around directing us to the right bus. We were staying at Poly, our bus stopped at WL first, then Poly, then I believe on to GF. Took slightly longer than the monorail or boat, but it wasn't obnoxious. Hardest part was keeping DS awake! :-)

Unfortunately the monorail was not available to either the resorts or to the TTC when we went on 3/2. The option was a bus to the resorts or Ferry to TTC. While this was certainly a huge bummer for us in terms of convenience, it makes sense from a cost perspective. The had so many buses waiting at the end we didn't know what to do haha.

Thank you for the information. A bus is better than nothing!

We went 2/16. Monorail wasn't running. Busses were plentiful and many CMs around directing us to the right bus. We were staying at Poly, our bus stopped at WL first, then Poly, then I believe on to GF. Took slightly longer than the monorail or boat, but it wasn't obnoxious. Hardest part was keeping DS awake! :-)

Thank you for kindly replying! I don't mind a bus I was just pushing my luck with the monorail! I am a wheelchair user so it's easier for me. But the buses can load me. I bet re your DS!

To be honest, a lot of the experiences above reflect my feelings on my event (Jan 27ish - can't recall exact date.) The crowds were "low," yes, but it wasn't as empty as promised. There were short lines for a number of attractions (although I did get to stay on Pan,) and I never did get to ride Mine Train as it was down for the last portion of the event. And there were definitely no "completely empty" Main St photos. (There are a people behind me in my Partners photo... which I had to wait in line for. A short line, but still.)

I think at the end of the day, it was not a novel experience. It was definitely reminiscent of the 3hr, late-night EMHs of even just a few years ago. I can distinctly remember NYE 2010... MK had EMH starting at I think 1AM and by evening's end we were staying on BTMRR and walking onto Pan. I think the difference is that any more, evenings like that are pure chance. This is the opportunity to "guarantee" one for yourself. But I don't know that it lived up to my expectations based on what I've read here. (Then again, I'm a spoiled visitor who's almost made a hobby out of avoiding crowds.) I would probably do it again at the $75 AP price point but not the $90 one.

DD9 and I were there and loved it. We started at Splash and were able to stay on and then made our way to BTMRR and stayed on for two rides and then it was a walk on. Our longest wait was Peter Pan. We did Mine Train twice (liked it better crowd-wise during EMM) with very short wait for the first ride and then a walk on for the second. We ended the night at Space Mountain which was also a walk-on.

Our bus ride to AKL was super long after multiple stops at CSR and All Stars but at least we didn't have to wait for a bus and we had seats.

Would we do it again? Maybe. It was great but I am not so sure about the value. Maybe if I had loaded up on snacks and drinks. ;)

We were there 2/16 as well- had a 2 year old with us so only made it until 1030p and the monorail was still running. Took it back to the Poly.

So we went to after hours on March 9th, had a great night! at 8:50 we did Jungle cruise, then tiki room, pirates, 3 rounds of big thunder mountain, then my family did haunted mansion while I got a lantern pic, then peter pan, then we split up, my son and I did 7DMT three times, then winnie the pooh, husband and daughter did astro orbitor and space mountain, then we met up, did winnie the pooh and 7DMT 3 more times. There was a slight wait for peter pan and 7DMT, everything else was walk on. also had 1 ice cream some popcorn and a few bottled beverages, the popcorn was a little harder to find. Got to see a disneyworld cat near pirates, which was awesome! The park was never empty, it felt like there were still a lot of people in the park, especially when we were leaving..no empty park pics for us... but we got way more done that we ever would have in a regular day, I mean who can say they went on 7DMT 7 times in 1 day... 1 fast pass and 6 times after hours! We could have gotten more done if our kids didn't have to go to the bathroom after almost every single ride (which drove me crazy)

I did the after hours event on February 16th and it was an amazing experience. I am an AP holder so it was really nice to get the discount. I would really recommend this if it is in your budget. I did so many attractions
Buzz, Astro orbiter, Ariel, Peter Pan, 7dmt, Winnie the Pooh, HM, big thunder, jungle cruise, and pirates and probably some more I missed. We figured that between my mom and I we ate at least 30$ worth of Disney snacks between popcorn, pop, water, and Mickey bars. We had little to no wait for every attractions even the mine train! It was really a magical experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter