Magic Key Program

The other "lever" Disney has that may account for the low prices is how many "Key" reservations they allow each day which is certainly something they can adjust at will at any moment.

So what if the prices are fairly low because reservations are going to be hard to get?

4 Dream Keys please!

This pricing is VERY low, IMO. Our last Signature passes cost $1324 each, and the only difference with these is the apparent lack of Maxpass/Photopass.
I'll admit the lack of any reference to fastpass gives me pause; is there more than this source knows? I would be shocked that there wasn't at least an add on option (like $150 extra per pass for the year) if maxpass comes back

As WDW AP holders who stay onsite, we are able to book park reservations as soon as we book a resort stay. WDW does not have the 120 day limit like DL does, but I would think that as a resort guest, you would be able to do the earlier booking, just as you can at WDW. Just a guess though.
That’s my hope or assumption too - we still have active WDW APs and have fully booked for both our on-site trips. We have 5 nights at Grand Cali so something like an AP would be great and would do another 5 night trip if we had Keys.

Last edited:
The other "lever" Disney has that may account for the low prices is how many "Key" reservations they allow each day which is certainly something they can adjust at will at any moment.

So what if the prices are fairly low because reservations are going to be hard to get?

Yeah, that rumor pricing has me suspicious. But didn't we speculate that this is where it is going -- the airline model of low base fares with add-ons for everything? Parking, MaxPass, etc...

Separate buckets for bookings also makes me nervous.

I'm willing to try the lower tier, but I want to retain the ability to upgrade. That was my plan with Flex Pass -- if things hit the fan, I could always upgrade to Deluxe at the booth (and I'd plan trips where Deluxe was not blacked out).

Quick question for Team Disboards- Any new updated/details re: MaxPass and/or priority access to rides? Also when does this actually go "on sale" and where is this "officially" on Disneyland page OR is this is information on their twitter page...Whew...Thanks

Quick question for Team Disboards- Any new updated/details re: MaxPass and/or priority access to rides? Also when does this actually go "on sale" and where is this "officially" on Disneyland page OR is this is information on their twitter page...Whew...Thanks

All those details will be released by Disney after 1pm Pacific time.

These are just rumors for now. No official announcements have been made yet.

Oof those block out dates are rough! I was debating if getting one of the lower tier was worth it but not with those limited options...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter