Magic: January 24, 2013 - 3 night Bahamas

Isn't it funny about missing our "home" ship. I think that's how I'll feel too. Especially since they are so similar, its going to confuse me even more! HAHA!

You're right though, they do have a VERY nice area for evening entertainment. I can't complain there. I do also like the Spa area on the Dream, the outdoors area for the rainforest room is amazing. I just spend nearly all my time at the pool, we never go into Nassau, so it's a big deal for me on the quiet cove pool.

We've been to Castaway 4 times in January I think... something around there. I would say it's been hit or miss. We had 1 time where it was very warm outside and water was okay, we just didn't stay in for long. Another time it was fine as well, and I remember one year where there was NO way I was getting in that water! HA!!!

Alright, work time!!! Catch up with you later today!

Hi everyone!

I couldn't resist the Florida resident rate! My boyfriend and I sailed on the dream twice but this cruise is especially exciting for me...I'm taking my mom for a mother daughter trip but the best part is this trip is a complete surprise to her! I plan on surprising her Christmas morning! I am so excited and trying to figure out a good way to do it, any ideas?
:beach:

Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I just decided last minute to do this cruise as part of my birthday/Christmas present!! We couldn't resist the Florida resident rate deal! This will be our sixth cruise and my first time on the Magic (he's always wanted to take me on it). So, an adults only trip :) We're going again on the Dream and taking the kids. Normally we do the FE exchange, but I'm not sure if we're going to this cruise since we're doing it in March. Can't wait to go!

Hi everyone!

I couldn't resist the Florida resident rate! My boyfriend and I sailed on the dream twice but this cruise is especially exciting for me...I'm taking my mom for a mother daughter trip but the best part is this trip is a complete surprise to her! I plan on surprising her Christmas morning! I am so excited and trying to figure out a good way to do it, any ideas?
:beach:

Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I just decided last minute to do this cruise as part of my birthday/Christmas present!! We couldn't resist the Florida resident rate deal! This will be our sixth cruise and my first time on the Magic (he's always wanted to take me on it). So, an adults only trip :) We're going again on the Dream and taking the kids. Normally we do the FE exchange, but I'm not sure if we're going to this cruise since we're doing it in March. Can't wait to go!

Welcome fellow Florida residents! It doesn't seem like many kids so far on this cruise..

Is there any interest for a FE on this cruise? I could help organize if enough people want to participate. :)

Hi All,

My traveling party has grown to include two other families in addition to myself and two girls. As I mentioned in a previous post, I'd love to do a FE on this trip. We did a small one on the Wonder last January and it was just enough "extra magic" to make the trip special.

If anyone it keeping a tally, we have 11 people total who would be interested in participating in an FE!

Thanks.

Hi All,

My traveling party has grown to include two other families in addition to myself and two girls. As I mentioned in a previous post, I'd love to do a FE on this trip. We did a small one on the Wonder last January and it was just enough "extra magic" to make the trip special.

If anyone it keeping a tally, we have 11 people total who would be interested in participating in an FE!

Thanks.

Ok then- please PM me your information and I will start a list! Anyone else??

joanne

We're first-timers. Can some please explain the FE to me so I can talk to DW and decide if it is something we would want to do?

We're first-timers. Can some please explain the FE to me so I can talk to DW and decide if it is something we would want to do?

FE is Fish Extender.

There is a Fish clip outside the staterooms. A FE is a set of pocket things (can vary) attached to the Fish clip. This is used for a gift exchange (sort of like a Secret Santa). Cruisers join their Cruise Meets group for their particular cruise.
You can make one or buy it on Ebay or etsy.. They don't need to be elaborate and the gifts can be very simple (candy, stickers) to pretty crafty. I am in the less crafty population. For our Alaska cruise we gave bracelets with built in whistles and mini flashlights. You can give one gift per stateroom (in the group only) or one per person or just to kids. There aren't any rules, really. It's just fun to come back to your stateroom and see your loot.

Here is a link explaining in more detail:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33184281&postcount=2

If you decide to join, PM me your details such as cabin number, people in the stateroom, ages (for kids), etc..some people might note allergies if relevant.

joanne :)

Welcome New Florida cruisers!! :thumbsup2

I'm not sure we'll participate in FE... We don't have kids, and while I love doing it. It usually stressed me out finding presents for kids with various ages, and trying to decide what they'd all like. LOL

As far as weather, we've been this time of year 5 different times, and once you're in the Caribbean it's pretty beautiful. A little chilly at night when you're still at Port Canaveral, but once in Caribbean, it's wonderful.

Soooo excited!!!!!

Miss Maleficent- I love a good surprise!!! How about doing a cute little scavenger hunt all over the house with like 3-4 clues, and then the present is the little booklet that Disney sends? Something like that?? Just an idea.

Anyone going to park before or after? We fly in on Friday night, and we're going to stay at WDW (I'm a sort of cast member, so the rates are too good to pass up to stay anywhere else) and then drive over in the am. We'll do 2 days at WDW after and then back home and back to work. :moped:

hawky7 said:
Anyone going to park before or after? We fly in on Friday night, and we're going to stay at WDW (I'm a sort of cast member, so the rates are too good to pass up to stay anywhere else) and then drive over in the am. We'll do 2 days at WDW after and then back home and back to work. :moped:

I just moved to Orlando a year ago, so I'm excited that for the first time ever I'll be able to wake up in my own bed and once I leave my house, be at the port in 45 minutes :) Can't wait!

Welcome New Florida cruisers!! :thumbsup2

Miss Maleficent- I love a good surprise!!! How about doing a cute little scavenger hunt all over the house with like 3-4 clues, and then the present is the little booklet that Disney sends? Something like that?? Just an idea

That is a really good idea!! I've been checking the mail like a crazy person just in case those books come early! I cannot have her see that lol!

Add me to the list of people who couldn't resist that florida residents discount! haha!

This will be my first cruise! SO excited! Would also be interested in doing the fish extender thing!:thumbsup2

DH and I are booked on this cruise for our honeymoon! It is both of our first Disney cruises and first cruise ever! The Florida prices were too good to resist! We're both extremely excited and would like to participate in the FE! Only 2 months!

Add me to the list of people who couldn't resist that florida residents discount! haha!

This will be my first cruise! SO excited! Would also be interested in doing the fish extender thing!:thumbsup2

DH and I are booked on this cruise for our honeymoon! It is both of our first Disney cruises and first cruise ever! The Florida prices were too good to resist! We're both extremely excited and would like to participate in the FE! Only 2 months!

Hi there and welcome! Agreed the Florida rate is a wonderful thing. If you could send me your information (i.e. stateroom number, people in the cabin, allergies, etc,) I can add you to the FE list. We have 6 cabins so far.

joanne :)

First time cruising.... Can't wait. I'm very interested in FE, but don't have enough posts to PM or post!

We are now Florida residents and I just booked this cruise... Me - Jaime, DD 24, DD 12 and DD 12. We would love to join the fish extender if its not to late.

We just booked this Monday. We know the parks well but this is a whole new world. It will be me, Dh, ds 5 and dd 3. My mom is also joining us (which is surprising because I exhausted her with our WDW oral trip last December and I was pretty sure she swore off disney. ). We are traveling from ohio so I'm sure the weather will be great compared to the 13 degrees it is here right now. This is our first dcl, but pre kids we did a few other cruises. I'm kind of excited there are so few posts here, maybe a very empty cruise so room for nice upgrades :-).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter