Magic Bands

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you telling me I need to sign up my 10 year old for their own MDE account? With their own sign in and password? I can see all of our magicbands in my MDE with their names and numbers attached. If this is true (him having his own sign in and password) Disney is making it unnecessarily hard to enjoy the parks these days and I will just use a lanyard like in Universal.
No. Just edit names and change to his name on a Profile that has a linked MB.

Disney doesn’t care about names and MBs can be used by others as long as a brand-new ticket is linked to the Profile.

are you telling me I need to sign up my 10 year old for their own MDE account? With their own sign in and password? I can see all of our magicbands in my MDE with their names and numbers attached. If this is true (him having his own sign in and password) Disney is making it unnecessarily hard to enjoy the parks these days and I will just use a lanyard like in Universal.
Okay, it turns out I was incorrect there--I was operating from the assumption that it worked the same as it does for adults, where an MB is linked to a confirmed account and it really can't be changed around. This thread is the first I have ever heard of swapping MB's between users and it being okay--but I suppose it makes sense that it works differently for kids too young to manage their own accounts. Also, I was not aware of the age of your child from your previous post. I knew only that he was old enough to have gone to WDW before in 2012.

I googled it just now because I was confused about the advice you're getting here, and found this page in the WDW FAQ as one of the first results. You can indeed simply manage a profile for your child on your own account as long as he's under 13, and after going into my own MDE to look at it, the profile system is simpler than I had understood it to be. I personally would hesitate to swap names on a profile because Disney IT can be finicky and I don't like to give it any reason to have a potential issue, but it sounds like others have done it and been fine.

are you telling me I need to sign up my 10 year old for their own MDE account? With their own sign in and password?

Nope, you can add him as a profile under your account. Or call him his brother (link his ticket to his brother's profile), and then he can use his brother's MagicBand.

I take it you are not staying at a Disney resort this trip?

As others have noted, the chances of 2012 bands working for long range scanning (mostly ride photos and videos and effects) is pretty small, but they should work fine for touchpoint scanning.

Thank you all - We are not staying on site - we are actually going to be in Orlando for a HP trip, but the MNSSHP is the week we are there - so we are gonna do one night there and I would like to try and grab some fast passes for the 4-7 time frame. Thank you!

I actually realized they are 2015 bands, but we aren't worried about photopass on rides, etc - so I will try the bands and have the tix on hand just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter