Magic bands no longer free?

So I was reading yesterday that smartwatches are now working for payment. Does anyone have a good suggestion for an inexpensive smartwatch that will work? Otherwise, I am going to dig up old Magic Bands and only buy one new one. We are staying at Dolphin so it will not open the room but I would like it for tickets and Memory Maker. Still holding out hope for Fast Passes too.
Considering my older apple watch (purchased for hundreds of dollars at the time) does not work with magic mobile, I'm skeptical that you could find one that works that is compatible for less than the cost of the magic band. Unfortunately I can't seem to find a list of compatible smartwatches--I just can see that my older apple watch won't work.

I just looked at the Disney Store online, and -- as of today -- they are offering only the fancier bands that're $30-35-ish. No inexpensive solid colors at all.

I wonder if I happened to look on a bad day?
Yes. The site has always been terribly glitchy. Keep checking. Multiple reports that only 14 upscale bands offered for the past week or so. But that's the site being glitchy and not playing well with some browsers. Many more than 14 bands available including the basic $10 ones. Try chrome or firefox. Also use incognito. Change it up and keep trying. But a lot of wasted time trying to hand Disney our money.

So this is just a "down moment" in which the cheaper bands aren't available? This is good news.
@MrsPete , you posted earlier that you were looking at the Disney Store. If that is the case, it's why you aren't seeing the bands that other posters are discussing here. The ones that are available at a special price are found in My Disney Experience alongside an existing room reservation, not at the Disney Store shopping website.

Is it just me or is the selection both in MDE and ShopDisney abysmal? Maybe I'm just picky but I have to think there's better selection in the parks and at Disney Springs...why wouldn't the same be available in MDE?

Is it just me or is the selection both in MDE and ShopDisney abysmal? Maybe I'm just picky but I have to think there's better selection in the parks and at Disney Springs...why wouldn't the same be available in MDE?
There is currently a global shortage of computer chips. This is likely affecting Disney's ability to restock MagicBands.

There is currently a global shortage of computer chips. This is likely affecting Disney's ability to restock MagicBands.
I did biuy my my granddaughters band from the online Disney Store (Frozen themed), but I bought mine on ebay. It was new and it paired correctly. I'm sure it was marked up some, but it didn't seem outrageous. I assume they are going going to the place where you customize, doing it there and then shipping to you. I wanted to have it set up and done before I arrived so I took a chance,
dsnydrmincFeedback Score (2833)
99.5% positive feedback is the seller I used. Buyer beware and all that but it worked out for me. I also saw some sold via Amazon.

So do they not offer just plain blue and red anymore? I’ve been checking for over a week and can only see “blue iris” and “raspberry” when I sort by blue and red.

So do they not offer just plain blue and red anymore? I’ve been checking for over a week and can only see “blue iris” and “raspberry” when I sort by blue and red.

Correct. The standard solid colors have not been available for a couple months now. Just these, now for $10. 589955

Question, my wife got one of the limited Dooney & Bourke MB's off of the Disney Site a year or two back. Next time we go, can the front desk at the hotel link that band up for us? It has never been used.

Question, my wife got one of the limited Dooney & Bourke MB's off of the Disney Site a year or two back. Next time we go, can the front desk at the hotel link that band up for us? It has never been used.
Yes. And you can link them from the MDE website, too.

If it hasn't been linked to her MDE Profile, you can do that using the MDE mobile app or website under "MagicBands & Cards".

If the MB has already been linked to her MDE profile, nothing else needs to be done. Just make sure it's still marked as "Active" under "MagicBands & Cards" in MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter